Corporation mods

fegguk

Chieftain
Has anyone done anything interesting in regard to modifying corporations to make them a bit more interesting in the game.

Eg

Corporations with their own special buildings (sushi bars)
Corporations that require or are tied to a specific religion (Holy Water Inc)
Civ specific corporations (Champaign SA France)
A wonder that gives you a corporation (East India Company)
A corporation that gives you something you can trade (The Distillers Company -whiskey)
A corporation that spreads your culture (MacDonald’s)
A corporation who's executives removes other corporations
Corporations that that when present together increase there effect.
A corporation that is generated by a quest.
Unfriendly take over. Bombard the corportate HQ of an enenmy with your execs. and rest control of the corporation to one of your cities.

Stop

Is no one interested in corporations.

They can be more powerfull than armies. The East India Company had an army

fegg

I like the ideas of corporations that are tied to religion and/or a specific civilization (or even specific civics could unlock certain corporations-Free Speach enables some kind of "Media" corporation for example).

I know that there are a few mods that play with corps, but I haven't really tried them. good luck in your search.

The problem with modding Corporations is that there's only so much room in the city screen for the icons. By default, all 7 of the icons are displayed right from the start of the game, whether you have founded them or not. So also by default, you have no room to add anymore. The Crossroads of the World mod has made room for 3 more in the screen but that still doesn't leave you much leeway for adding any more to the game. Awhile back someone came up with a screen that will only show the religion/corporations you actually have added to that city which can open things up more, but then you're still left with the limitation that the GameFonts.tga file creates. With that file you can only add icons for an extra 11 corporations. That can't be increased without a change to the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file. That new screen also wasn't compatible with other mods like BUG. So there's only so much you can do with Corporations unfortunately. I was playing around with some ideas awhile back but kept running into these limitations and finally gave up.

Can someone give me a basic idiots' guide to replacing the stupid corporations with real ones? I was thinking of:

• Ford Motors
  • De Beers Mining
  • Microsoft
  • McDonalds
  • Krupp Steel
  • Cadbury

You can make corportion specific units, and I think buidlings too

Lol McDonalds. +1 food for every resource (Cow, Fish, Pig, Wheat) and -.5 health for every resource. That would be funny.

I have no technical ability when it come to moding and havn't taken the time to learn.

If there is a technical limit on the number it would be a case of renaming and modifying the ones you are allowed.

There a a host of potential real companies out there that have had world wide inpact.

Bank of Iceland + 1 Comerce for every bank 10% chance of detroying all your existing banks each turn

Union Carbide + 2 hammer -5 health

Lloyds fo London + 2 gold 5% chance of changing communism

IG Faben Too sensitive to say

Nobel explosives +3 hammer -5 defence against aircraft and artillery

News international + 1 comerce -1 culture. 50% chance of founder city changing each turn.

This isn't intersting, its just practical: In my Future mod I make Executives a National Unit limited to just 3, so that AIs don't stack up 20 of them when everybody has Mercantilism. I tried a limit of 1 but corporations didn't spread fast enough. I figure 3 freeloaders is not that unbalancing.

This isn't intersting, its just practical: In my Future mod I make Executives a National Unit limited to just 3, so that AIs don't stack up 20 of them when everybody has Mercantilism. I tried a limit of 1 but corporations didn't spread fast enough. I figure 3 freeloaders is not that unbalancing. Also, I reduced corporation spread cost to 10 gold.

AIG +10gp every branch, 15% chance of costing your empire a huge amount of money.

^ Heh, good idea - and + 1% cance per bank...

Back on topic - does anyone have any ideas of how to actually go about serously modding them? I have a baisc theory of what can be done:

• Change the names
  • Change the names of the HQs and CEOS
  • Change all the icons
  • Change the effects
  • Change the req. techs
  • Change the req. resources
  • Make corp-specific units eg. East India Trooper

^ Heh, good idea - and + 1% cance per bank...

Back on topic - does anyone have any ideas of how to actually go about serously modding them? I have a baisc theory of what can be done:

• Change the names
  • Change the names of the HQs and CEOS
  • Change all the icons
  • Change the effects
  • Change the req. techs
  • Change the req. resources
  • Make corp-specific units eg. East India Trooper

The CIV4CorporationInfo XML file in Assets/XML/GameInfo is the main file to mod. You can change commerce type, commerce / yields produced, spread rate, spread cost, maintenance, bonuses required, bonuses produced, etc, etc. here.

For units, the CIV4UnitInfos XML file. The <CorporationSpreads/> tag controls which corporation it can spread, the <PrereqCorporation> tag which corporation it needs to be built, and <PrereqBuilding> tag if you want it to need a building.

Similarly, for new buildings, in the CIV4BuildingInfos XML file, there are the tags <PrereqCorporation>, <FoundsCorporation>, and <GlobalCorporationCommerce>.

The CIV4CorporationInfo XML file has a button tag, but to change the Corporation icon in the city screen / bar you need to edit the GameFont and GameFont_75 files found in Assets/res/Fonts (these are somewhat tricky to edit).

The game allows a total of 25 corporations and religions COMBINED (since corporation and religious icons are stored in the same place). Meaning, if you're not adding any additional religions you can add 11 new corporations (if you are editing the SDK there are tricks to increase this number).

There's a lawyer unit modcomp on the forums that is a unit that lets you remove corporations from a city.

Top Bottom