Coward in Chief Blows Off Centennial Memorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
well , because nobody can teach Trump anything , them Frenchies have instead picked on New Turkey , saying they have no idea on the recordings that "prove" Mr. Kaşıkçı was indeed murdered , at a time this Trudeau says his people have listened and it's horrific or something while Trump himself says how do they know it was the idiot who will become the next Saudi King . It's all about making a political statement , the severity depending on what might be the response . New Turkey gets insulted at the claim that a political game is being played , while Trump merely says it was them Americans who saved the French and before Yanks came them Frenchies were already learning German , thus am assured by today's newspaper .
With allies like Saudi Arabia, a nation doesn't need enemies - even though they still get them anyways.

If that's true, how about using his correct name? I see enough obnoxious "nicknames" on the CBC news site's comment pages.

I'm really not looking forward to the coming year, what with the political ads already running for the provincial election that's expected in April or May, and the federal election that's expected in October.
A weak Conservative leader (and an upstart right-wing rival) and a bankrupt NDP - these are the sort of historical electoral conditions that have been known to get incumbents tanking in popularity re-elected anyways. Trudeau's father got re-elected once or twice under similar conditions, himself.

A weak Conservative leader (and an upstart right-wing rival) and a bankrupt NDP - these are the sort of historical electoral conditions that have been known to get incumbents tanking in popularity re-elected anyways. Trudeau's father got re-elected once or twice under similar conditions, himself.
The irony is that when you fast-forward nearly 40 years, there comes a time when I would actually consider voting for Joe Clark, if he were to come out of retirement. I came to respect his stance against the Reformacons.

Of course he'd need to resurrect the party he ran for, and that is not a party I'd vote for under any circumstances.

With allies like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, a nation doesn't need enemies - even though they still get them anyways.

ftfy. :p

Some of America's allies of convenience are turning out to be pretty damned inconvenient.

ftfy. :p

Some of America's allies of convenience are turning out to be pretty damned inconvenient.
IF only we could go back to the good old days, when America's allies were honourable. Like Napleonic France, the British Empire, or Stalinist Russia.

IF only we could go back to the good old days, when America's allies were honourable. Like Napleonic France, the British Empire, or Stalinist Russia.

2 out of 3 of those weren't really in the game of creating, funding, and protecting, people that we are at war against. The 3rd didn't start doing that until after they ceased to be an ally of convenience.

Stalin was funding insurgencies in Western Europe before the Japanese surrendered. You can make a bit of an argument about British and French funding for Indians as well, but that's pretty iffy. What is indisputable though, is that all three were much bigger threats than SA or Pakistan.

Stalin also regarded his country as being at war with the capitalist powers, forever until either the USSR or capitalism was dead. His government and the more realistic among the western Allies never regarded the alliance against Hitler as anything but an alliance of convenience.

Stalin was funding insurgencies in Western Europe before the Japanese surrendered. You can make a bit of an argument about British and French funding for Indians as well, but that's pretty iffy. What is indisputable though, is that all three were much bigger threats than SA or Pakistan.

After the War of 1812 neither power was really active in working against the US. And after the Civil War, neither power was strong enough to threaten the US.

After the War of 1812 neither power was really active in working against the US. And after the Civil War, neither power was strong enough to threaten the US.
I would certainly hope Napoleonic France wasn't strong enough to threaten the US after the Civil War.

I see yet another thread that is solidly and firmly divided on partisan, ideological lines of "liberal vs. conservative" with the same sort of scripts, taglines, buzzwords, urban legends and "blame the other side for ALL problems in the world or even for having a monopoly on fundamental human flaws." This divide is the real enemy, not either of side, that is ruining and degrading global civilization. It has, itself, become much like the trench warfare of the Western Front - a lot of death, damage, and destruction, complete deadlock, no appreciable gains, and will almost certain give one day in a toppling of the current world into something far worse than either side is currently offering. I am NOT a partisan, or a liberal, or a conservative - and I condemn and excoriate those terms as corrupting and blocking up all advancement, progress, and prosperity in this world and insinuating itself into EVERY single fiber of society - even into those they should be most unwelcome. This divide is, through short-sighted spite and stupidity and lack of long-term vision on both sides driving us down a death spiral of civilization to an inevitable new global dark age. I invite all sane, rational, practical, thoughtful people who care about their world and all within to walk away from the crab trap of the liberal-conservative divide and think for themselves.

All your "sane, rational, practical, thoughtful people", those self-proclaimed moderates, going by your drift, are too busy talking 'civilly' over tea and condemning those who won't to solve the world's problems.

Interested in seeing the tweet about Macron's approval ratings - "Yours are even lower than mine, and let me tell you, mine are really low, like so low, the lowest you've ever seen"

2 out of 3 of those weren't really in the game of creating, funding, and protecting, people that we are at war against. The 3rd didn't start doing that until after they ceased to be an ally of convenience.
Proxy wars, especially through despotic, bloody-handed, corrupt, and human-rights abusing tyrants for proxy politics on a global stage is a despicable practice that ANY nation at all, of any pedigree or for any reason at all, should be utterly ashamed of having ever engaged in and not even have the courage to denounce the practice in others. But since the U.S. backed such honourable, benign, and magnanimous class acts as Syngman Rhee, Chiang Kai-shek, Ferdinand Marcos, Nguyen Van Thieu, Lon Nol, Souvanna Phouma, Thanom Kittikachorn, Mohammed Reza Pahlavi, Kenan Evren, Anwar Sadat and Hosni Mubarak, Siad Barre, Mbutu Sese Seko, Francisco Franco (after WW2), Fulgencio Batista, Rafael and Hector Trujillo, Carlos Castillo Armas et. al, the Samoza Family, Manuel Antonio Noriega, and Augustin Pinochet, I guess the American integrity, reputation, and good intentions for all in this topic are water-tight, aren't they? :p

All your "sane, rational, practical, thoughtful people", those self-proclaimed moderates, going by your drift, are too busy talking 'civilly' over tea and condemning those who won't to solve the world's problems.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could civilly talk over tea and hear ourselves over the barking, semi-coherent screaming, ranting and raving, threats, and mob chants of political extremists all the time.

I would certainly hope Napoleonic France wasn't strong enough to threaten the US after the Civil War.
Napoleonic III was a crappy general, unlike his uncle, and left that poor Habsburg prince and his Belgian wife to die in Mexico when the Civil War started to wrap up. But Napoleon III was a good internal administrator, and greatly developed the economy and infrastructure of France, which had been sorely neglected.

Napoleonic III was a crappy general, unlike his uncle, and left that poor Habsburg prince and his Belgian wife to die in Mexico when the Civil War started to wrap up.

That would be Maximilian, the brother of Kaiser Franz Joseph. There's a statue dedicated to him in the grounds of the Schoenbrunn.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could civilly talk over tea and hear ourselves over the barking, semi-coherent screaming, ranting and raving, threats, and mob chants of political extremists all the time.

And that's all you do - hearing yourselves talk.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I've detected another troll...
I mean, blindly insisting that departs from your in-group consensus is acting purely from malice is exactly the sort of self-satisfied myopia that Aelf is talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom