Resource icon

CRpSuite : Playing aids and game analysis utils 2.11.0

:bump:
I don't know if this is a known issue or "just one of those things..."
On sunday I made a mid-turn save after adjusting the luxury slider, tabbed to MapStat and opened the new file...there was one city with Happiness trouble, and when I tried to jump there it stuck at the "really leave game" dialogue. When I clicked "no" the game continued to the next turn.
This was a problem for me because I still had stacks of fortified units that I wanted to use.

Bartleby said:
I don't know if this is a known issue or "just one of those things..."
I've had reports of moving units around instead of the map, but nothing quite the same as you described below.

Bartleby said:
On sunday I made a mid-turn save after adjusting the luxury slider, tabbed to MapStat and opened the new file...there was one city with Happiness trouble, and when I tried to jump there it stuck at the "really leave game" dialogue. When I clicked "no" the game continued to the next turn.
This was a problem for me because I still had stacks of fortified units that I wanted to use.
Strange. CRpMapStat performs the following key presses:

Esc (x4) : to get to the "really leave game" dialog
Enter : to close the "really leave game" dialog
H : to centre on the capital
Arrow Keys : to move the map around

If CRpMapStat pressed the Enter key after you close the "really leave game" dialog then that could cause the symptoms. There should only be 0.3 seconds between pressing Esc and Enter though, so that shouldn't really leave you much time to do that. How long before you close the "really leave game" dialog?

I waited what seemed to me to be a couple of seconds...
It's something that's happened maybe once or twice before out of many, many times jumping to cities so probably it is some sort of "freak occurrence."
At least I had just made a save.

MSTK said:
It's been half a year now, I think. How have things been going on the "Export to Story" thing?
Thanks for your interest MSTK. I haven't consciously stopped developing CRpSuite, but I've not had time to improve it recently. I've only just started playing Civ again after 2 months off. Maybe I'll also find some time to further improve CRpSuite as well ;).

Dianthus said:
Thanks for your interest MSTK. I haven't consciously stopped developing CRpSuite, but I've not had time to improve it recently. I've only just started playing Civ again after 2 months off. Maybe I'll also find some time to further improve CRpSuite as well ;).

:lol:, I just came back from a big break, too.

Dianthus said:
I haven't consciously stopped developing CRpSuite, but I've not had time to improve it recently. I've only just started playing Civ again after 2 months off. Maybe I'll also find some time to further improve CRpSuite as well ;).
I can't imagine what you could have been doing. :mischief:

If you do get a chance to work on it, adding copy to clipboard to MapStat would be :cool: .

Denniz said:
I can't imagine what you could have been doing. :mischief:
It's probably not what you were thinking. I was looking for a new job after being made redundant, during which time I decided not to play Civ else I would spend all my time doing that. Then when I found a job I needed quite a bit of time to move and settle in.

Denniz said:
If you do get a chance to work on it, adding copy to clipboard to MapStat would be :cool: .
Do you just mean to copy what's visible in the current tab to the clipboard?

Dianthus said:
It's probably not what you were thinking. I was looking for a new job after being made redundant, during which time I decided not to play Civ else I would spend all my time doing that. Then when I found a job I needed quite a bit of time to move and settle in.
Ouch. That's not fun.

Dianthus said:
Do you just mean to copy what's visible in the current tab to the clipboard?
Yeap.

AnsarKing101 said:
Somehow, after the installation, I cant seem to do anything else. :confused:
Do you mean you're not sure how to start the installed programs? If so just go to Start->Programs->CIVReplay, then click on one of CRpMapStat, CRpViewer, or whatever.

AnsarKing101 said:
Whoops. :crazyeye: I had install it, but didnt know how to run it. :lol:
No problem, you're not the only one, that's actually quite a common question. The answer to the next question you're going to ask is: "Use the hidden context menu, just right click somewhere to pop it up" :mischief:

Dianthus said:
Strange. CRpMapStat performs the following key presses:

Esc (x4) : to get to the "really leave game" dialog
Enter : to close the "really leave game" dialog
H : to centre on the capital
Arrow Keys : to move the map around
You should send a mouse-click to location of the capital on the mini-map instead. :)

ainwood said:
You should send a mouse-click to location of the capital on the mini-map instead. :)
Is that what you do for CivAssist II? The clicking would alleviate the need for pressing the cursor keys. Pressing Esc lots of times was at the request of SirPleb so that it would work no matter which screen you had open at the time.

Dianthus said:
Is that what you do for CivAssist II? The clicking would alleviate the need for pressing the cursor keys. Pressing Esc lots of times was at the request of SirPleb so that it would work no matter which screen you had open at the time.
Yes. The location of the city/capital is calculated from its (x,y) location and the mapsize. The ony thing to watch for is that location of the minimap is a few pixels different between C3C and the previous versions. CivAssist won't center on the cities if you've got a city or advisor window open though.

does CRP Viewer support multiplayer games, namely Conquests multiplayer games? Your CRP Creator Help says it doesn't and when I tried it, it gave me that error. But, someone told me it does. If it does, where can I find instructions?

Thanks.

I don't play MP, so I'm not sure if it'll open it up. I'm sorry, I misread your question in the other thread.

But the SP games should work okay.

daufoi said:
does CRP Viewer support multiplayer games, namely Conquests multiplayer games? Your CRP Creator Help says it doesn't and when I tried it, it gave me that error. But, someone told me it does. If it does, where can I find instructions?

Thanks.
CRpMapStat supports multiplayer, the other utilities don't. MP support for the other utilities is on my todo list, but I haven't been doing much (if anything) about updating CRpSuite for quite a while.

I've played quite a few archipelago maps lately, where You won't see the entire map until You're at the domination limit .. or very near at least. At that point the mapstat terratory tab is blinking wild every turn, and still You have to remember to check the actual % on civ F8 screen (which can't tell how many tiles You are actully away).

So I did a corrective calculation on excel:
- I get MyTiles from Mapstat and My% from the F8 screen.
- So TotalTiles = MyTiles/My% (accurate to 2 digits).

Now if I only could key in TotalTiles to mapstat....

Top Bottom