Resource icon

CRpSuite : Playing aids and game analysis utils 2.11.0

I loaded a save. Some options in CRpstats are completely void of information like demographics, cities, and wonders. The rest have very limited information like QSC tab.(no foreseeable practical game application) None of the tabs use anything other then the top line, even if there is alot of information to list it just drags on.. like science..

(figure i'd cover them one at a time)

Attachments

• CRpStats blank.JPG
    CRpStats blank.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 221
  • CRpStatsQSC.GIF
    CRpStatsQSC.GIF
    47.3 KB · Views: 218
  • CRpStats run on science.GIF
    CRpStats run on science.GIF
    33.9 KB · Views: 147
TruePurple said:
I loaded a save. Some options in CRpstats are completely void of information like demographics, cities, and wonders.
A number of the tabs in CRpStats have not been implemented yet, so for now they will remain empty. I've put them in to remind me to do them later, but haven't got around to it yet.

TruePurple said:
The rest have very limited information like QSC tab.(no foreseeable practical game application)
The QSC tab shows the scores from the QSC part of the GOTM competition. If you play the QSC part of the GOTM then this would interest you, if you don't play the QSC then give it a go! See >> this page <<.

TruePurple said:
None of the tabs use anything other then the top line, even if there is alot of information to list it just drags on.. like science..
CRpStats shows a line per .sav file. Use the Ctrl and/or Shift key while on the file form to select multiple files. I normally keep all of my autosaves for my games (using CRpMapStat to archive/compress them). The science tab is more useful when multiple files are loaded. The gained column shows the techs that were gained since the previous .sav. Here's a recent game I played:

This is a semi-serious request...is there any likelihood you would consider making it an option not to be told when a city is rioting already? I frequently forget to deal with "more sad than happy" cities after I've been warned so I get:
Game: "Civil disorder in Settler Factory" :p
Me: "D'Oh!! MapStat warned me and I forgot":crazyeye:
MapStat: "Told you so!" :mischief:
Me: "No kidding!" :mad: (or words to that effect)

So...I realise its nobody's fault but mine, and you prolly have more improtant stuff to do, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
:goodjob:

TruePurple said:
What practical in game use is there to compare science gains between saves?
None. I use CRpStats to remind myself what happened in the game when I come to write it up, either in the HOF forum or the GOTM.

Offa said:
I am sure it is written somewhere but I can't find it. What do the 2 figures mean in the flip chance column? Why are there 2 figures?
When spoiler info is turned off, the 2 numbers in flip risks are lower and upper fliprisks calculated without spoiler info (same with how many units are needed to prevent flips at lower and upper fliprisks)
Real fliprisk should be somewhere inside the range given

Thanks Gyathaar. But why is the range so large? Most of the necessary info is known in almost all cases: garrison, relative culture, overlapping tiles, population and resistors. I am getting > tenfold differences between the lower and higher estimates, at least in early saves.

Gyathaar said:
Perhaps you dont know the location of the AI capitals?
Yes, that would make a large difference between the lower/upper bounds. Two other things that make a difference:
  1. Local culture: If the city was ever not owned by you then it's not possible to know if the Civ has more local culture than you do, so the upper bound gets multiplied by 2.
  2. Overall culture rounding: Generally this doesn't make much difference, but could if you have significantly less culture than the other civs. I assume the player is counting pixels on the culture histogram to derive the culture. If the player's culture only covers a low number of pixels the culture per pixel could be quite inaccurate, so the different roundings for the lower/upper bound could make a difference.

F3 gives the current form of gov, even without an embassy. It gives strength, but I suspect you want more details than were are weak compared to them.

vmxa said:
F3 gives the current form of gov, even without an embassy. It gives strength, but I suspect you want more details than were are weak compared to them.

No, just too lazy to use F3. :lol: I was hoping it was all in one spot so you don't have to click each civ on F3 to see the government and military rating. It's a little tedious.

Well CivAssist II will give you all the civs you know and their form of gov in one place.

Or maybe like what I asked you to implement, where you can turn the 0 resources off, you can turn off the zero flip chance.

But I do like that suggestion. :thumbsup:

Bartleby said:
Any chance that the "flipping" tab could be made more at-a-glance by highlighting the non-zero risk cities?
Should be easy to do, so gets a :thumbsup: !

Turner_727 said:
Or maybe like what I asked you to implement, where you can turn the 0 resources off, you can turn off the zero flip chance.

But I do like that suggestion. :thumbsup:
Just a FYI. It sort of hides zero flip chance. It's only showing you the zero flip chance cities that are zero due to MP but would be non-zero otherwise. That's so you can make an informed decision about moving those MPs, which you wouldn't be able to do if the city wasn't in the list.

Dianthus said:
Just a FYI. It sort of hides zero flip chance. It's only showing you the zero flip chance cities that are zero due to MP but would be non-zero otherwise. That's so you can make an informed decision about moving those MPs, which you wouldn't be able to do if the city wasn't in the list.
This is a thorough critique by the author himself why "zeros" are in the list. I could not have said it better. The flipping tab is not only a listing of positive greater-than-zero city-flip chances but a list of all my cities exposed to the flipping problem. it shows not only border cities but also cities with foreign population. the flipping tab gives an overview over the extent of the flipping phenomenon in your empire. :rolleyes:

@bartleby: moreover, I don't understand what's so difficult about spotting a zero. the list is sorted wisely (high probs on top!)and a zero has a distinct look - it looks like an "o", so it's merely a circle, and it differs remarkably from let's say "2" or "4". The closest you can come over with is maybe an "8" but it looks still completely different. :confused:

my point: Highlighting the zeros would mean to emphazise the unimportant; highlighting the zeros would mean to point out the non-problematic. this a inversion of the logic that guides MApStat.
Highlighting the important numbers would mean a strange way of giving a background color to the top table cells. Because the positive prob values are always on top to highlight them an color would only be additional. highlighting instead what should not be highlighted is .. excuse my indescretion, please ... simply stupid.

Any chance to leave it as is? :crazyeye: Well, then I make an urgent request to make this change at lest very optional.

Don't repair it as long as it's not broken! :mischief:

bluebox said:
@bartleby: moreover, I don't understand what's so difficult about spotting a zero. the list is sorted wisely (high probs on top!)and a zero has a distinct look - it looks like an "o", so it's merely a circle, and it differs remarkably from let's say "2" or "4". The closest you can come over with is maybe an "8" but it looks still completely different. :confused:

What I want is for the line between zero and non-zero risk to be easier to spot without focussing on small numbers (yes maybe I need new glasses)

bluebox said:
my point: Highlighting the zeros would mean to emphazise the unimportant

What I ask for is that the non-zeros be highlighted; viz. in my dream, the top half of the flip tab would be pink.

I'm thinking it might be worth finally adding some sort of notifications to the flipping tab (which would be optional of course, just for bluebox ;)). Maybe notification of high flip probability (the limit settable by the user, so Bartleby could set it to 0 to highlight all >0), and notification of excessive MP (I.e. if MP > that required for 0 flip chance).

Top Bottom