1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Crusader Kings 2

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by SouthernKing, Nov 10, 2011.

1. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

You guys can get the entire CK pack with all current DLC for $14 on Amazon.

2. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

I got all that for $5 at Amazon a few months back. :p

(Although I already bought CKII and half the DLC already, it was way cheaper buying all that for $5 than buying just the DLC I was missing at half price or whatever)

3. grandad1982

grandad1982 Deity

Isn't Michaels Bluths son called Michaels Junior?

4. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

I'm gonna wait for it to go on sale because I won't be doing much but reading Homestuck for a couple weeks. Definitely gonna start a Zoroastrian game first, though.

5. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

It was $10, but a $5 credit that had been given to anyone who bought a game from them during or after the Autumn Sale was applicable.

6. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

I'm guessing that there'll be 75% cuts on the stuff I want on Steam when it goes on sale, like there was for AHD. Otherwise I would try this.

It also gives me time to play around Rising Storm this weekend.

7. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Exacttly, thats how I got it for $5. :)

8. madviking

madviking north american scum

George Michael

9. grandad1982

grandad1982 Deity

^^ Right. Need to watch Arrested Development again. So Funny!

10. Antilogic

Antilogic --

So, I think the Old Gods DLC is available today. Anybody played? What do you all think?

11. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

Guess who got their first ruler head of the reformed Norse religion and King of Denmark? :D

Spoiler :

Reformed as soon as I conquered Zeeland! Now my mighty Viking nation is centre of the reformed Norse faith! Glory to Odin!

12. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

TOG will be like a modding D-Day for us modders, it's going to take forever to update all our mods. :lol:

13. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

I'm not going to be able to get/play it until next week because of finals, etc.

14. Antilogic

Antilogic --

I'm looking forward to playing a pre-1066 start (is it 867?) and not being able to pronounce anything. I have enough of a problem with the Irish, Breton, and Welsh names, now it's going to be even worse.

I might even splurge on it in the middle of the week here and actually have a new game around the time it comes out. I don't have a current CK2 save going, so it would be a good time to do it.

15. madviking

madviking north american scum

i don't mind irish names, welsh names, nor breton names, but i have a problem with norse names. :lol:

16. Double A

Everything but ys and js are the same, and aforementioned alphabetical duo are pretty much whatever you want them to be other than y or j.

17. Antilogic

Antilogic --

It's a bit tougher for me to read the IPAs and associate it with the particular transliteration used by Paradox (sometimes they drop special characters for display purposes) because I haven't had much of a formal education in it. I often end up referring to various kings as "that guy" or "X-man" (where X is the first letter of the name) or something more profane.

That's why I like playing on the Continent, I can actually pronounce my neighbors' names.

18. Double A

Asshatica is a pretty good name, all things considered.

19. MoreEpicThanYou

MoreEpicThanYou The most Epic.

So is TOG any good, and is the 867 start date better than 1066?

AA, nice Sassacre. Now you can get all the references. ::::)

20. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

I've heard reports that the pagans are OP, although that is no surprise to any veteran players given how OP the Muslims were after SoI and the Republics after the Republic. One player on the PI forums, for instance, posted about how the Magyars conquered both Hungary and the entire steppes forming the superempire of both Caparthia and Taurica by the early 900s (this was all the AI's doing - player did not interfere). In another less extreme case I read about, Denmark completely subjugated its way into dominating much of southern Scandinavia and parts of Wendia within a couple of decades.

Of course, these may just be some extreme examples, but given CKII's past history of having OP groups, I don't find it surprising.

That said, I haven't played it myself, so I can't verify any of this. From what I've heard, as long as you're not one of the victims of some massive pagan attack, you should have some fun.