Crusader Kings 2

I feel like it's gonna piss off a few people who don't like Steam. However, I am not a heretic, so I applaud their actions.

GG has no DRM bundled with it other than the publisher's compulsory choices. They also don't auto-update your games without your knowledge or permission. (They don't have Steam's community features either, but for single-player games, that's hardly a loss.)

I imagine that it's simply a numbers game. If only 2% of CK II purchases were from GG, it doesn't make financial sense to keep on spending additional resources on only 2% of your player base.

Oh, so am I, and I'm disappointed by the decision, but if that means Paradox will give out free Steam keys to all their GG customers to enable a swift changeover, I for one salute their honesty.

When I bought my new computer, I downloaded less than half of my digital games library and I still ended up using 80+ Gb of bandwidth that month!

i'm on the same boat, it's just kinda annoying that i'll have to redownload all the games and patches. eh.

Thankfully Paradox games are small. I would be floored if I had to redownload something like Total War.

or you buy something like TW on disc?

truth to be told, when i bought grand ages rome of GG and discovered it wasnt a steamkey, i was slightly annoyed. but then again, im just weird

I wish they'd do this with Vicky2 as well. Of course they pursued a different DLC/expansion model for Vicky2 so I don't suppose it'd make sense for them to give me a free steam key :(

Not having my gaming computer with me at Uni I can't check but does the patch mean that you can no longer grant duchy level titles to religious leaders. If so I am saddened.
I always liked to see some prince bishops round and about

Yeah they basically made it so there will never be any important religious vassals ever, in spite of reality. They should've made it so if you make too many, they band together and try to turn your country into a theocracy.

Gosh, that seems like a thoroughly bad thing to do. No strong religious vassals?

What about the Prince Bishops in the HRE have they been replaced with dukes or something?

They're still around in the history files, but it's really a dumb restriction on the player.

Can't a bishop that controls the requisite counties still claim the duke-level title? I think it's still possible to have them around.

Top Bottom