Current (SVN) development discussion thread

Well. If you mean about the Mega-Modern-Mongol, yeah IMO it shouldn't be either.
IDR but weren't Leo said he will make Russia spawn later in-game?

Mongol should have a scripted instability like Rome too..

So when Russia spawn and flip the Golden Khanate etc.. slowly they take all Mongol cities..
Moscow to Vladivostok weren't build in one day, you know ;)

Had just updated to Rev 203 and here's so far.. Playing as Thai and Safavid in 600AD scenarios.

• A really unique experience playing as Thai because, jungle separates Bangkok to Hanoi to Pagan. So the three pike man I got at the beginning of the game render useless to attack Khmer nor fortifying the other cities.
  • Iran respawn as Caliphate of Persia ???
  • Khmer needs a CNM on around Mytkyina so they won't find cities there named Hariharalaya
  • Mongol Invasion is really awesome. Not so long after, it collapse and Russia respawn. Really accurate, TOP :goodjob:
  • Hayam Wuruk is too aggressive. I think they should stop declaring war with everybody once all Indonesia is already under control and return to a more culturally trading empires
  • I like your concept for new Indonesian UHV :) Just please take this one thing for consideration : Population
    I just also found out that Indonesia is not as densely populated as it is now until recently, which is the result of many forced transmigration to other islands but Java.
  • Perhaps making the LH after Tang Taizong more careless of different state R.
  • Add Ethiopia somewhere? or indie Dongola to represent the non-Axumites Nubian
  • There's no Indonesian people named Batara Guru Dwipayana. It is Batara Guru, whose alias is Dwipayana :p
  • Rename Yogyakarta to Mataram and rename it back to Yogyakarta at 1700s

And...

a Phytex :)

Spoiler :
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CvScreensInterface", line 690, in handleInput
File "CvInfoScreen", line 2365, in handleInput
File "CvInfoScreen", line 604, in redrawContents
File "CvInfoScreen", line 920, in drawDemographicsTab
File "CvInfoScreen", line 1142, in drawTextChart

UnboundLocalError: local variable 'iEconomy' referenced before assignment

Thanks. Iirc, Yogyakarta is renamed to Mataram when you convert to Islam, but I'm not sure at the moment.

Will have a look at the Python issue.

Nah. it should be Mataram to Yogyakarta when turn to Islam, not vice versa ;)
Mataram is actually, iirc is something Sanskrit name haha.. (Medang i Bhumi Mataram)

Or actually, more precisely :
[Start] Mataram > [Islam] Kota Gede > [1900s] Yogyakarta :p

Nah. it should be Mataram to Yogyakarta when turn to Islam, not vice versa ;)
Mataram is actually, iirc is something Sanskrit name haha.. (Medang i Bhumi Mataram)

Or actually, more precisely :
[Start] Mataram > [Islam] Kota Gede > [1900s] Yogyakarta :p

And how about “Batavia” during 16th to 19th century?

That's the Dutch name for it.

Batavia is Jakarta ;)
This is Jogjakarta... another major city in eastern part of Java..
By the way. I'm thinking about adding a request or suggestion but still building my words up.. probably shouldn't post here though but in the other thread :p

It seems that with the latest SVN update, companies never "go obsolete"? In my latest game I got the Silk Route corp even after discovering Astronomy, and also the Trading Company corp stayed there forever. Maybe the changes to the modern corps somehow affected this, I dont know, but it seems like a bug, unless I missed something :)

Oh and welcome back Leoreth :woohoo:

It seems that with the latest SVN update, companies never "go obsolete"? In my latest game I got the Silk Route corp even after discovering Astronomy, and also the Trading Company corp stayed there forever. Maybe the changes to the modern corps somehow affected this, I dont know, but it seems like a bug, unless I missed something :)

Oh and welcome back Leoreth :woohoo:
Sounds like a bug, maybe the module breaks down after some point? I'll have a look at it.

Leo, it might be nicer if you post telling there's new SVN update ;)
For the larger ones I usually do, but I won't announce every minor change. It's not that much effort to update once in a while :)

By the way, I'm currently thinking about giving Ethiopia a trade/resource related goal. They were quite important for Eurasian trade so it might be nice to reflect that. The current second and third goal would then be rolled into one. Ideas I had:

Get a European (say, wine) and an Asian resource (say, silk).
Acquire X different resources (more than available in their area, by trading away incense).

Deadline would be around 400-600 AD (after that the Muslims isolated them from trade and Ethiopia declined). Thought?

Oh.. I see.. so there's no major change here in 204? :)
*the only thing I can notice is the addition of Dali :p*

So, there'll be at least two naval trading civilization, that one start after another one decline? Am I getting it right? ;)

Then there'll better be cities like Adulis, Meroe etc in the CNM rather than Hobya etc.. Okay that's minor thing, easy to change..

About the UHV.. how about owning at least 2 harbor 3 stele in Africa and 1 harbor 1 stele in Yemen? :)

Hi Everyone,

Great Mod Leoreth!!

Playing Byzantines I think I found a bug in 850 AD at the German spawn. I conduct diplomacy with them and upon exiting dialogue screen I get frozen screen/game crash...

Regardless, thanks for all your hard work on this mod. Keep it up!!

Hi Everyone,

Great Mod Leoreth!!

Playing Byzantines I think I found a bug in 850 AD at the German spawn. I conduct diplomacy with them and upon exiting dialogue screen I get frozen screen/game crash...

Regardless, thanks for all your hard work on this mod. Keep it up!!
Thanks :) Hard to tell what happened to you there, but it seems like a technical problem with Civ4 itself.

By the way, I'm currently thinking about giving Ethiopia a trade/resource related goal. They were quite important for Eurasian trade so it might be nice to reflect that. The current second and third goal would then be rolled into one. Ideas I had:

Acquire X different resources (more than available in their area, by trading away incense).

Deadline would be around 400-600 AD (after that the Muslims isolated them from trade and Ethiopia declined). Thought?

That might actually make Ethiopia worth playing now.

Getting a wine and a silk would be really easy IMO, since China is almost always willing to trade Silk, and Human Ethiopia will found Catholicism. But of course I would support any trade/resource related additional content.

Maybe you should add Coffee/Tea as resources? Africa and East Asia are currently resource poor (in terms of Corporations resources in particular) due to the mass spawning of new resources in the Americas. SoI has Opium as a Plantation resource which gives extra Health. :crazyeye:

Although I don't drink coffee IRL I do like getting a lot of Coffee in game. Especially as the Ottomans.

Okay, I think the Ethiopian goal should be "acquire 3 incense resources by 600 AD". Getting Calendar in time is hard enough with the requirement to discover Theology as well, and you still have to build the plantations while being harassed by natives and barbarians. Ethiopia has two incense in its vicinity, the third can be gained by acquiring Sana'a (historical) or conquering Upper Egypt if you feel like it. If somebody can show that this is possible at an earlier date, I can also make the deadline harder.

I, for one, really like that idea. How would you fold the other two goals together? No colonies in 1910, or what? Could you make the goal dependent on no colonies in either 1500 and 1910?

Plus, this new goal really simulates the Horn's historical (and current) place as the center of the global incense trade.

Did you publish an SVN with this in it yet?

Okay, I think the Ethiopian goal should be "acquire 3 incense resources by 600 AD". Getting Calendar in time is hard enough with the requirement to discover Theology as well, and you still have to build the plantations while being harassed by natives and barbarians. Ethiopia has two incense in its vicinity, the third can be gained by acquiring Sana'a (historical) or conquering Upper Egypt if you feel like it. If somebody can show that this is possible at an earlier date, I can also make the deadline harder.
Or you can just say "acquire X Calendar resources". It's not like there are other Calendar resources around.

Personally I still think Ethiopia/South Arabia in particular need Coffee, because those locations are not very capable of sustaining decent sized cities as of now. For example Sana'a in game is very far from the city it was in RL history - it's nothing but a liability for the Arabs, offering neither Production nor Growth, and mediocre Trade.

Coffee & Tea may also boost the Silke Route somewhat. I've never been able to get Silk Route to yield half the resources I get from Trading Company or the late game Companies, even as the Arabs. Perhaps I really need to play as the Mongols...

Top Bottom