1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Current v1.13 Development Discussion

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Code:
    	if utils.getHumanID() != iPlayer and iGameTurn > getTurnForYear(con.tFall[iPlayer]):
    		iThreshold += 5 * iStabilityLevel + 5 + max(10, (iGameTurn - getTurnForYear(con.tFall[iPlayer])) / utils.getTurns(10))
    And yes.

2. citis

citis Chieftain

Right now there 14 active members!!! wow!

3. agentxorange

agentxorange Chieftain

On a game a decade old :)

4. Nyayr

Nyayr Chieftain

Anyone finding the Maya with 2 holkan (archer) and 1 settler a bit pathetic for 65 BC? They can't even capture the nearby city, cause it has a holkan in it on a hill....

Sure the meso-americans do get a handicap compared to the euro-asians but honestly, 2 holkans... Perhaps it be more honest to have 2 settlers or more troops?

5. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

It's intentional that you cannot conquer the Zapotecs right away.

6. Nyayr

Nyayr Chieftain

With these maya, I get a civilization collapse at 515 Bc just when I invent the calender. Says overexpansion 14/10, I build the city Olxmoche just below the silver mine (due to the double fish) and possibility that cities are not so clogged on each other. It historical but not core, so building a city not in the core causes overexpansion? Cause I only had that single city.

7. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Overexpansion is core population compared to everything else, including historical. The population of historical cities is weighted much less than ahistorical cities but it still counts. The Maya are designed to discourage expansion, although 1-2 historical cities should be possible if you manage to have sufficient population in your core.

8. DC123456789

DC123456789 Chieftain

It is highly inadvisable to not have a city in your core, since I believe that makes your expansion stability tank massively.

9. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

Leoreth, you wrote in the change log of revision 970 the following:
    - Changed tech modifiers from multiplicative to additive.

Is it true? How does it work? So If I start as the Vikings(70%) on Paragon(150%), what'll be my tech modifier?

And how do other modifiers stack? Take civic upkeep for example, what's the modifier for China(120%) on Heir(80%)?

10. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

The commit message was maybe unclear, this only applies to the "additional" tech modifiers like tech spread, tech lead etc.

Usually these factors are multiplicative. So Paragon Vikings have a 0.7 * 1.5 = 1.05, China on Heir is 1.2 * 0.8 = 0.96.

Note that these modifiers are not displayed in the interface, the "base cost" already includes them. The additional modifiers come from multiple sources but I think they should be treated as one factor, so I made them additive.

If you receive +20% cost from tech spread but -10% for having just spawned, that's a 110% modifier over base. Multiplicative means 1.2 * 0.9 = 108%.

11. citis

citis Chieftain

So you civilised the research modifier. I though that was the standard approach for everything in CIV. Is there any other exception?

12. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

What do you mean by civilized? As I said, the standard approach is to apply multiple modifiers sequentially as multiplicative factors.

And exceptions to what?

13. Hobs

Hobs Chieftain

Where did you find the diplo music for the Latin American leaders? They sound really good! :thumbsup: When Juarez showed up for the first time I did nothing but listen to his diplo music for a minute.

Also I take it that New World civs do not spawn if the owner of their Core is Solid or Stable. I had a game where Brazil never spawned because Portugal is Solid. Are there any exceptions to this rule? Besides America? Is the spawning of Canada/Argentina/Mexico/Colombia conditional or not?

14. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

All Latin American civs are conditional, but Canada isn't.

15. agentxorange

agentxorange Chieftain

There's no way to keep us frosty northerners outta your games

16. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Spoiler :
    They're the only ones who'd want that tundra anyways

17. citis

citis Chieftain

The addition of modifiers is the norm for most things, like production, science, comerce etc. Research cost was an exception. Is there any other exception?

18. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

As I said, that's not the case.

19. Hobs

Hobs Chieftain

Makes sense. Without Canada, America & England will be a lot harder to balance in the late game.

I mean, it's not just tundra. It's 2~3 good cities with 2 Oil and quite a bit of mineral resources. And a lot of Land Area to help with Domination.

Edit: Although it's a bit sad England cannot keep even Canada.

20. Nyayr

Nyayr Chieftain

Is there reason why Amsterdam stays stuck on 11 population, even if you have more food it doesn't just stays with the bar full, while there is enough happiness/ health to grow to 17!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.