[RD] Daily Graphs and Charts

Status
Not open for further replies.

do they work the same number of hours? (actually adjusted for hours worked still skews things because it arbitrarily cuts off work and non-work at 0 hours... like if 20% of women start going from 0 hours to 1 hour it would reduce rather than raise their aggregate income.. bah, statistics)

and i'm assuming to begin with it doesn't account for full-time non-earners

We are having the newest bs debate on the pay gap in the tavern. So you could make these points there. You know, if your day is just too nice and you want to change that.
actually adjusted for hours worked still skews things because it arbitrarily cuts off work and non-work at 0 hours... like if 20% of women start going from 0 hours to 1 hour it would reduce rather than raise their aggregate income.. bah, statistics
-> Italy's gender pay gap ;) :D

do they work the same number of hours? (actually adjusted for hours worked still skews things because it arbitrarily cuts off work and non-work at 0 hours... like if 20% of women start going from 0 hours to 1 hour it would reduce rather than raise their aggregate income.. bah, statistics)

and i'm assuming to begin with it doesn't account for full-time non-earners

I don't know. I'd have to research that.

I don't know. I'd have to research that.

Exposing oneself to the most basic information on an issue before lending propagandists and zealots a hand.
Or as it is now called: "Research".

Orwell turns in his grave.

@Monsterzuma
re: Italy

Estonioa, Czechia and Germany, with their rabid sexism on the one hand and Malta, Italy and Romania (!), the feminist utopias on the other.

None the less, graphs - particularly without comment (or a comment fit for #outcry) - on the gender pay gap are an excellent means for initiating worthwhile debate on gender equality.
We sure don't have enough of them.

:rolleyes:

Proof that fighting climate-change by switching to renewable energy helps the economy.

Spoiler :

http://energytransition.de/

To be fair: This is a two part story.
The second part is fitting the implications of the graph (as in being an accomplishment etc.).
The first part though (i.e. the 90's) is mostly about:
"Ok, so we just virtually bought an entire country with one of the dirtiest and most ineffective lignite based energy sectors on the planet. If we do nothing, this energy sector will die. (Cause we already have one like that - only marginally better.)
Erm...ok."

And also German GDP growth since 1991 wasn't particularly impressive anyway (for the same reason).

To be honest, outsourcing (co2) heavy industry to Asia helped a lot....
Still renewable energy is a good thing as it reduces the dependency on Russian/Arabian energy resources.
Being less resource dependent from less democratic states can't hurt in the long run.

Estonioa, Czechia and Germany, with their rabid sexism on the one hand and Malta, Italy and Romania (!), the feminist utopias on the other.

None the less, graphs - particularly without comment (or a comment fit for #outcry) - on the gender pay gap are an excellent means for initiating worthwhile debate on gender equality.
We sure don't have enough of them.

:rolleyes:
is that 'money paid, but for the same job'. Or 'average salary'?

Still renewable energy is a good thing as it reduces the dependency on Russian/Arabian energy resources.
Being less resource dependent from less democratic states can't hurt in the long run.

Which heavy industries? Some of them moving and getting new plants may well have resulted in a net reduction in gobal emissions.

Exposing oneself to the most basic information on an issue before lending propagandists and zealots a hand.
Or as it is now called: "Research".

Orwell turns in his grave.
Those stats are very similar to ones I've seen that are normalized per work hour. Also, it's general good manners to be polite to someone willing to tell you "I don't know" instead of using one of the many BS forum "debate" tactics we are so accustomed to.

spoiler added

One article, two graphs.
Let's see the other one, too:

Those stats are very similar to ones I've seen that are normalized per work hour. Also, it's general good manners to be polite to someone willing to tell you "I don't know" instead of using one of the many BS forum "debate" tactics we are so accustomed to.
Oh, i'm sorry, the inner voice reminding me of good manners got drowned out by all the hypnotising angelic voices engaging in erudite debate in the newest wage gap thread.

I'm easy to distract that way.

Btw: I find the above graph ineresting because it indicates that - apparently - that US women below the poverty line agree with my outrageous claims regarding unpaid labor at home (i.e. them doing more of it than men and that having an impact on the labor market).
I guess that means they must all be in support of Jim Crow, too. At least if i understood said thread correctly...
Actually industries with a high dependence on energy get a very substancial exemption from energy taxes, which has been the topic of rather heated debate for a decade.

What you are saying is none the less true to a very significant degree. Just keep in mind that there are efforts (at a very substantial cost) to do the exact opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom