[RD] Daily Graphs and Charts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it means death penalty related materials.

Indeed.

Utah May Bring Back the Firing Squad said:
In Utah, where nine inmates are on death row, their would-be executioners face an obstacle. To kill them by lethal injection, they need a cocktail of drugs. But a European campaign to stop one of those drugs from reaching U.S. executioners has worked well enough to create a shortage. And alternative cocktails have malfunctioned.

I do have to applaud the Europeans for being able to stand up to their allies as well as their enemies in order to uphold what they believe is right.

Spoiler :

I'm really glad I've seen that. It's very useful to know. I've been too easily fooled all these years, it seems.

Personally, significant weight loss for me just required getting a chronic illness. I don't recommend this method.

Anyways, it's interesting to see how you can change so much even without photoshop! Not too surprised, as I guess people had to figure out how to make their own photographs (or paintings, back in the day) look better than they might've actually been.

Man, people really became afraid of technology after the "war to end all wars" introduced the world to mass produced explosives and poison gas. I'm surprised that the end of WW2 and the creation of the atom bomb didn't have a similar effect.

I'm surprised societal collapse is so low. You'd figure no matter what era, an economic collapse would be far bigger fear than say zombies? I think fear of the A-Bomb was just channeled into war instead.

It's hard to think of societal collapse as an apocalypse scenario rather than a localised and reversible catastrophe. It could make ecological desasters or nuclear wars more lkely, but then eco, war or technology would get the credit.

I notice high fructose corn syrup is not on that list, which invalidates it.

That would fall int the "unspecified" category.

Yeah. Fact remains, though: most people simply don't achieve that kind of success. You've got more chance of winning the lottery than you have of becoming a self-made person, I've heard it said (I really don't know whether that's true or not).

Most of those people in the graphic have experienced just huge, huge amounts of good luck.

Well. Maybe. But only one of those people cited is older than I am.

And, frankly, KFC has already been invented, and I'm not terribly convinced it's a good invention anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom