Darkelf Design

Maybe each religion should have a hero too. Also, I'd like to suggest that there are like 5 heroes that any civ can build, with the required tech, naturally.

The more heros the are the harder they would be to balance, I mean try and amagine seeing a stack with 6 heros in comming at you from an unexpected direction! I think that having so many would also probably limit their 'uniqueness' . Finally ones for religion would not work as for example the is no leader that would work for High, Dark and Wood Elves without looking silly in at least 1 of them.

EDIT: sorry for being so negative, feedback is always appreciated. :)

Finally ones for religion would not work as for example the is no leader that would work for High, Dark and Wood Elves without looking silly in at least 1 of them.

How about one leader for each civ and religion? And one hero that can be built for everybody (first come first served)?

Is it possible to hardcode a hero so that it gives +1 poison bonus if youre a dark elf civ or +1 treehugger :D bonus if youre a wood elf, or something like that? Create a generic hero, and play around with its stats depending on what type of elf you are?

hmmm, i think we should stay away from religion heroes that any civ with that religion can build (like in FfH) the religious freedom dosnt really work well with warhammer. for instance all the elves worship different aspects of their religion, and a logical religious hero for woodelves would be Ariel (the incarnation of isha) or Orion (the incarnation of Kurnous) i just dont see the darkelves using orion to crush the woodelves...

so no, sorry, no religious specific heroes :p

Um...jus to point out, the Dark Elven hero for the religion Elven Gods could be an aspect of Khaine, who is included in the Elvish Gods.

So, for the WEs and the HEs, you have another hero that fits an aspect of the gods they tend to worship more. I know it makes it harder for you guys as modders, but it would make the gameplay more interestin.
Plus, as you see, I'm not the only one pushi for religion heroes. We, as players and playtesters, tend to like religion heroes.

Not me. I'd like to keep the Herohammering to a minimum.

I really think the Elven religions need some work, in general. It makes dark elves get along with good elves, which seems a bit silly to me. "You're our mortal enemies, but at least you worship a corrupted and evil form of our gods. You can't be all bad."

Rocklikeafool - If we made a different religious hero for each civ with said religion it is in fact just another civ hero isnt it.

Gitteau - the bonus does look a little odd, but if we changed them to Chaos gods then they would get on really well with the hung and the skaven, which would be realy unrealistic, as it is they dont really get on well with anybody, which is better.

I would've suggested that, but as I know that requires lots more work.

Also it would mess up diplomacy, if everyone has a different religion then all civs get a negative with all other civs, which isnt too good really.

true, which is why we use religious groups. So that we can make it work 'in game' much better. Also you have to differentiate between lots of religions and lots of gods. Between the Elven, Dwarf and Chaos gods you have covered a lot of races and civilizations with only 3 religions but they worship dozens of gods...

Exactly, which is why for the DE and the other elves, I woulda done a separate religion for DEs. But since you already have the relgions in place, I don't recommend replacin em.

id like each civ to get civ specific temples for their religion. so DE would build a temple to Khaine, WE a temple to Isha, empire a temple to sigmar, brettonia a temple of the grail etc. ive also been thinking that corporations should be cults, such as a cult of khaine (which was present in khemri and the empire) and all the minor religions. then we could make it so that corporations affect diplomacy according to which corporation has the highest dominance in the civ? just a random thought id throw out there.

Cool. I like that idea a lot. Then you could run heroes through the corporations instead of purely religion.

thats not what i meant! there will only be civ specific heroes, no religious heroes at all! because any religious hero only makes sense for 1 civilisation and that means it will only BE a civ specific hero not religious.

I know. But potentially ya could do heroes through the Guilds, which as you said would be like Cult of Khaine.

Top Bottom