• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Now I officially pushed the button. Sorry.

No, open a thread if you want to.

So I've been wondering for a while why does Rome have few tiles as historical/contested in America? Google came up with an article of possibly roman swords found from Canada but that's about it. Is there any other reason or are those tiles just based of on some theories that Romans might have been there?

I've got nothing against this though. I've been thinking of playing a game where I manage to settle there somehow.

Under what conditions does Turkey flip Athens? I thought it flipped Constantinople and Athens if there weren't any other valid cities in their flip zone, but there have been and it's still tried to flip Athens.

The Byzantine Empire existed for about a thousand years. Without it most of Europe is barren. I think its conditional spawn is too strict. Rome or Greece seldom manages to fill its position for a thousand years but rather collapse early.

Suggestion: auto-collapse the greeks and let them be "reborn" as the Byzantines. A bit similiar as the Thai/Khmer.

The Byzantine Empire existed for about a thousand years. Without it most of Europe is barren. I think its conditional spawn is too strict. Rome or Greece seldom manages to fill its position for a thousand years but rather collapse early.

Fully agreed, I think their spawn shouldn't be conditional on anything - perhaps it can be delayed or have a very long window, but they should pop up every time :)

The only part of geographical Europe that Byzantium fills is the Balkans and South Italy. Although the suggestion for the ERE to spawn if Rome or Greece collapse soon after the official ERE spawn date is fine.

Hey, I haven't been here in a while. I've recently decided to replay DoC and downloaded the regular v1.14 and its still as fun as it was back then.

My question is; has there been significant changes in the Git version? I'm considering taking that one but I'd only do so if there are major changes.

No, but there have been several fixes including crashes. But you can also get that by downloading the patch (there is a thread for it somewhere here).

Just wanted to say that I'll be on vacation over the next week so don't expect much activity from me here.

Thanks!

It won't be that early, sorry. I hope to pick up some speed again in a week and get to a point where I can release the new tech tree on Git but after that I'll keep it in playtest stage for a while until official release.

Okay - this works as intended, Protestantism is not supposed to spread there, the only way to override this is to adopt it as your state religion.

Thanks for checking into that - I think I ended up replaying from around 10 turns back and adopted Protestantism after the foreign situation looked better. That did the trick.

Okay that's good to know.

Top Bottom