Defeat Into Victory III

Rathvilly

Emperor
Hi Rhodie - finished a long game as the Japanese (231 hrs 55 mins, on recommended Prince level). Really good and immersive - as others have said
the terrain is amazing.

Were a couple of missing files:
* IJN Kaga aircraft carrier: no CarrierAttack.amb file (I just replaced it with the AA.wav that other carriers had)
* at game finish you have a missing: Churchill Angry Small.pcx (you don't have a Large either but don't think you need it?)

Upgrades
Air Assembly - for me only the 'Kates' upgraded. The Air Assembly Aichi EI6A, Yokosuka B4Y, Aichi M6A Seiran, Aichi Val, Mitsubishi Zero, didn't upgrade
(not sure about this, but think you can only upgrade to something assigned to you, ie that you can build)
Hulls - none upgraded for me.
U-Boats and Brake - not sure if this was implemented, couldn't do anything with them (upgrade or move)

Balloons - after multiple attempts to bomb something with them I checked the editor. You have ROF=0.

Yokosuka Naval Arsenal - didn't produce units.

Random thoughts ...
I really enjoyed the game, it's a big map so you've got to be prepared for a lot of moving stuff. The bomber/fighter routine works well but in late
game can be a bit painful with all the movement.

I was a bit dubious about Nature at first but ended up really enjoying the way its been implemented (though the first 20 turns or so isn't much fun!).
Combat works well - took me a while to work out the plus/minus of different unit types.

Victory conditions - I ended up with 80,100 and the Allies with 28,380. You have a couple(?) of Victory Point locations but they don't generate points. Not
sure what to suggest but I always like a game where i feel I'm in danger of losing ...

Supplies - I returned a couple but wasting units returning them (a long way to go) didn't seem a good investment.

The only thing I didn't like was having settlers - I'd rather have more cities/settlements on the map than see the AI waste time settling 1 tile islands etc.
I didn't build any in the game because they just seemed out of place.

Thanks for all your work on this - the detail is great. I'll try the British on my next play through ...

rhodie

Bwana M'Kubwa
Good morning Rathvilly

Many thanks for your detailed report. I'm so pleased that you spent so much time in such a short period and enjoyed the challenge. The terrain imaging was the creation of the late Balthazar RIP. He would have been very pleased.

Upgrading units – I will investigate why one unit upgraded but not the others. Not sure why they are not upgrading? Maybe other members will have an answer?

Settlers – I could add more settlements to the map for the British but then they already have a majority. As the attackers, the Japanese only start with one. It might be best to not have settlers or any more settlements as I don’t think that any were built during the war.

Errors – Thank you for pointing them out. I will make necessary corrections.

I really appreciate your constructive comments Rathvilly. Thank you.
Let me know how playing as the British turns out.

rhodie

Bwana M'Kubwa
UPDATE

Thanks to everyone’s feedback, especially Anthony Boscia and Rathvilly (who managed to complete two games as the Japanese and British), I am attaching a ZIP file of amendments for the scenario.

The problem of units not upgrading has been fixed.

As torpedoes were the primary cause of the sinking of WWII capital ships (HMS Prince of Wales, HMS Repulse, IJN Asahi, IJN Shokaku, USS Arizona) I have added ‘lethal sea bombardment’ to five Japanese and five British torpedo bombers.

The zip includes two variations of BIQ, one with settlers and one without.

Attachments

• DiV III Amendments 29Nov22.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 17

Chalito

Warlord
I keep getting errors and it's different types if INI files from units that it says I'm missing. Then I noticed the PediaIcons had a lot more units listed than the folders I have, see attached image Is this what your units folder looks like, or am I missing some units?
I was able to play this game when it was first uploaded, but with the recent update I have had no luck. :(

Attachments

• Missing.JPG
    Missing.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 11

rhodie

Bwana M'Kubwa
Many thanks for the report Chalito.
My apologies to you and the other Civinators for any problems.
Somehow I included the wrong PediaIcons file in the Zip
Please use the one attached.
Cheers
Rhodie

Attachments

• PediaIcons.txt
    134.1 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom