1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Development] Alternative Map during 1.17

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Jun 9, 2019.

1. ShinobiHus92

ShinobiHus92 Chieftain

It looks awesome! I'm actually hyped for this I don't know if it's rude to ask but how far is the progression of the new map so far? If it's a secret then nevermind but I can't wait to play it :D

Just wanted to say big props to all of you who's working on this amazing fascinating project :D

Crimean Lord likes this.
  2. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

As far as the map itself goes, what you can see here is exactly the current state. There's another thread where I posted screenshots of (almost) the entire world linked a few posts back, and that's only slightly out of date by now.

I don't think we will see major changes to the map as is, in fact I am amazed that suggestions are still coming in (but please keep them coming if you have some). The important part here though is that the map itself is only the first step. To make this playable, other underlying "maps" (stability, city names, etc.) also need to be adjusted. That is still a lot of work and has barely started.

Even though both projects are not directly related, inclusion of this map eventually depends on the rewrite project that is documented in another thread. That is mostly because I plan to change how maps and scenarios work, and it doesn't make sense to include a new map before that is complete. Also, many changes from the rewrite are intended to make the transitioning to new stability maps etc. easier here. Lastly, I also want to change how settler/stability/war maps work overall (also to make them easier to manage and be more clear), and it's best before we create all the new stability maps here. I do consider that part of the map project and not the rewrite though.

3. TJDowling

TJDowling King

You joke but it's not far off reality!

4. PinkPallin

PinkPallin Warlord Supporter

I think this is quite relevant:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrary