1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Did you pre-order already?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Larsenex, Nov 21, 2018.

?

Did you Pre order Gathering Storm?

1. Yes

56.0%
  2. No

44.0%
  1. cinattra

cinattra Warlord

Civ is the only PC game I have ever pre-ordered. I would pay more honestly. I can easily spend more than $40 during a night out at the movies or at a restaurant. I spend more hours playing Civ than I do at the movies or at a restaurant.

Vandlys likes this.
  2. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

haven't preordered yet, but I did put in for 2 days off on the 14th, 15th. It will be nice to have time to actually play the game.

3. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

Won't be able to play at launch, doesn't impact me in the slightest as I preordered the minute it was available. The money is going to them regardless, be it now or later. Friaxis has built up enough goodwill with me that I will buy all of their things no matter what they are Starships was bad (like really bad) but the amount that I play their games I am so far ahead on a cost-play ratio that I am happy to buy it all.

4. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

My favorite part of starships was taking Korea Beyond Earth into the Rising Tide as the Pan-Asian Collective, then branching out to dominance across multiple spaces.

I did that one time.

5. i_imperator

i_imperator Imperator

I will pre-order but I will wait around xmass time to do so, I want to give them more time to show some content.

6. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Would have preordered, if I had had the 20 % discount show up. But it doesn't.

7. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

I replied No to the poll, but then people linked me to the 20% off on GMG, and I went to pre-order there. Although I never did get the confirmation page, I see the charge on my CC, so hopefully it went through fine.

kingofsealand and Larsenex like this.
  8. Pythakoreas

Pythakoreas Chef Tain

At 53 CAD I would rather get a full game for my PS4 I bought this Black Friday. Thanks for informing me that, I didn't check out the price tag on Steam myself

And spending 80 CAD on Civ6 is what taught me to not preorder anything, ever. I criticised this game a lot at launch

Aristos likes this.
  9. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

I will preorder but not now because I am broke.

Larsenex likes this.
  10. Timothy001

Timothy001 Prince

I will. After Christmas. See if my wife or son get me a Steam Gift Card. Or someone else gets me a Visa/Mastercard Gift Card.
    If I had the money now, it would have been yes, like as soon as I found out about the expansion. Had to stop myself. Money best spent elsewhere (Food, rent, gas, insurance)

11. Larsenex

Larsenex King

Oddly, I pre ordered (Gathering Storm) via Green man, just after the stream announcement. Unfortunately that allowed Green man to know I like other games. So, I was FORCED to purchase Xcom 'War of the Chosen' and Shens last gift, both for a total of 16 dollars. That damn VIP code plus Black Friday made me.. I had no choice. It was a completely involuntary process.

No really I mean it.

Vandlys, racha and Mr Jon of Cheam like this.
  12. shmily_dana

shmily_dana Warlord

Not yet. I bought Stellaris with some of the additional content during the sale. I'll probably pre-order sometime between now and the release.

13. RealAntithesis

RealAntithesis Warlord

I don't see the point of pre-ordering unless there is a significant discount attached to waiving your right to not buy if it turns out to be not as good as all the hype. Christmas sale maybe, along with R&F?

qadams and Zuizgond like this.
  14. Synth

Synth Warlord

No. I would, but I'm getting a tattoo and buying Smash next week, so I'm a bit low on money. I'll probably pre-order it the day before launch, so I can pre-download it.

15. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

It's basically the idea of "I'll buy it anyway so let's just get it out of the way".

Vandlys, CPWimmer and Larsenex like this.
  16. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Got the game as a Christmas gift. So while technically I didn't pre-order, the game has now been pre-ordered for me.

ChocolateShake likes this.
  17. WorldWarIV

WorldWarIV Captain

I expected a lot more people to have pre-ordered on a website called "Civfanatics". You are pretty level-headed all things considered :lol:

tedhebert and ChocolateShake like this.
  18. CPWimmer

CPWimmer King

Steam gift card received; Civ GS now pre-ordered. (Vote Changed)
    I also picked up BattleTech on sale to play over the next month and a half, since I am burning through my Civ To Do list much faster than I expected!

Vandlys and ChocolateShake like this.
  19. ChocolateShake

ChocolateShake Prince

I pre-ordered from GMG when the discount showed up after logging in, I believe Fanatical also have it on sale now :)

Ah interesting, I'm going to be playing that as well. Guess it'll be good practice for the GDR :D

CPWimmer likes this.
  20. Vandlys

Vandlys Prince

I actually got it from a friend, completely out of the blue, for no reason whatsoever. Sweetest thing.

Leathaface and ChocolateShake like this.