1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Did you pre-order already?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Larsenex, Nov 21, 2018.

?

Did you Pre order Gathering Storm?

1. Yes

42.0%
  2. No

58.0%
  1. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Try the demo, maybe?

TahamiTsunami and reddishrecue like this.
  2. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Chieftain

Yeah you're right. I'm going to download the demo asap. Thanks for your suggestion ☺️

3. TahamiTsunami

TahamiTsunami Chieftain

I have already with that discount on GMG. No way am I going to miss out on Inca, Mali, Ottomans, etc.! Guess Firaxis knew which expansion and civs most people would be willing to pay $40 for!

4. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

I just did today now that I've spent what I intend to on the Steam winter sale.

5. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Chieftain

I have already preordered.

Edit: FXS if you read this please consider adding Elizabeth or Napoleon as a preorder bonus for GS.

6. NukeAJS

NukeAJS Chieftain

I pre-ordered. I dunno if Green Man Gaming still has the offer, but it was -25% off just two days ago. Since it's pretty rare to get such a large discount for a pre-order, I took advantage of it.

7. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

8. Leathaface

Leathaface Warlord

I saw a 25% off deal on Green Man Gaming but that deal appears to be gone now, now there is only 15% off. I saw the 25% off deal in a "VIP" section of the site which is apparently for people who've been members for a good while. (you also might have had to have bought a number of games on the site)

Earlier in the thread I said I bought GS for 15% off, I was able to get a refund since GS hasn't been released and got it for 25% off. That was around 1 week ago.

9. Deggial

Deggial Chieftain

Unfortunately, I've missed the GMG sale.
    But 'Games Planet' also offers a 15% discount and if you purchase it over Writing Bull's shop link and "STORMYDANIEL" as voucher code, you'll get an additional 5% reduction. That's still quite good, I think.

I'll still wait until a little bit later, as I hope to see another special offer - but I don't have high hopes for this.

Why to pre-order at all?
    Actually, no reason other than potential pre-order benefits such as special content (not for GS) or a reduced price for something I'll buy anyway sooner or later. (But not so late that I could benefit from even better sales offers. I don't buy Paradox DLCs for less than 33% sales offers, preferably 50%).
    I definitely will purchase GS and am eager to play it right away - so why not pre-order and enjoy the current 20% price reduction?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Leathaface likes this.
  10. MrRadar

MrRadar Chieftain

I haven't and won't pre-order, unless they dangle some pre-order bonus carrot or two before my eyes, e. g., an option to pick the likeness of prominent Firaxians for my governors, some "Making of" or "Behind the Scenes" stuff, desktop wallpapers, digital art-book, etc. By the way, a functional and user-friendly UI would be such a fitting bonus, that I would be glad to pay even a little extra for at this point. :)
    Barring that, I'll be happy to delay the pleasure of buying GS until the actual release day. But then I'm buying it 100%.

11. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Only worry for me is what if the system requirements go up? What are the chances of the game system requirements going up? I am worried the extra features will bog the game down some more. I know, I know, I should just go ahead and build a new computer. The fiscally responsible side of me can't do it as long as this one can still play the games I like.

12. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Queen's

I don't think system requirements have ever changed in between expansions, however, I worry too that this time may be an exception. They also may not "officially" change, but it's possible you may not be able to play at the exact same graphic settings as before depending on how good your GPU is. I imagine that is the main performance stumbling block for most people rather than CPU or RAM. I'm thinking of upgrading my GTX 1060 SSC, for the new smexy RTX 2060 when they become available next week.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Ferocitus likes this.
  13. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Don't you have to sell your computer to buy the 2060?

14. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Queen's

:confused: I don't understand what you mean. Are you talking cost?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  15. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Warlord

The 2060 is going to be at the lower end of the ray-tracing Turing series of GPUs. It'll still cost you $350, but it's a far cry from the astronomical prices of the 2080 and 2070.

16. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Queen's

Agreed, and I can turn around and sell my 1060, which will cover at least half or more of the cost of the upgrade. Of course, there's always the Titan RTX, which runs around $2,500! For that I'd have to sell my computer! :crazyeye:

17. erix

erix Chieftain

I bought it today at GMG with %15 discount. Does anybody know when does the steam key appears?

18. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Yeap, after Laura's post I went and watched a fresh video of Jayz2cents where he was saying and showing exactly that, and praising the RTX 2060 as "what the whole line of RTX should have been at launch!"...

19. tedhebert

tedhebert Chieftain

Why should I pre-order when they won't offer a discount and/or additional content ? There was no 'sale' on steam, nor will there be... Anyways, will buy at launch and be none the poorer for it

Civrinn likes this.
  20. Piranga

Piranga Chieftain

I've purchased things from GMG a few times now. The key is given in an email. A few times that email arrived very early on the release date, or the day before.
    You can also check your account purchases at GMG and the key will show up there...but around the same time the emails are sent.

I haven't preordered myself. I missed the 15% sale. So I'll wait for another one, or just buy it the day it comes out if there isn't another sale.