Diplomacy 4: Tale of Ekonia

Great update, I love the style.

OOC : LightFang, are you planning on playing this ?

IC :
To : The filthy spying monks

You can run and hide, we will find you and exact revenge.
And it only proves one thing : That the kingdom of Ninerest is true to its word.

Another OOC : The way thing are set up and with the emphasis on spying, I think it would be best if Gold total was kept private. (Because, you know, it hardly stretches my intellectual capabilities to find who spied on me).

uggh. Missed because of vacation. Sorry.

Sure, I'll trade.

I can't find when the next orders are due.

Any help ?

Hi everyone, sorry I've been away. The deadline is Tuesday 15th, 7:30pm GMT.

Or do you mean Sunday ?

Hello everyone, this is just a teaser to tell you that I have sent orders...

Because, you know, like, the deadline is approaching...

Reminder: Methos and Frozen in Ice (red and dark green) you need to negotiate between yourselves what will hapen to Tho region, while both your troops remain there the area will stay neutral. I am available if you have any questions.

Hmmmm... I've decided that you lot having to say who you're trading with all the time is a bit unneccessary. All trade (land and sea) will now be completely automatic. From now on you will all trade with everyone possible unless you specifically put in your orders not to trade with someone. Should make things a little easier.

Yep I will. Orders not yet in are now late. However, I will still accept them up until I actually post the update tomorrow. I guess the trouble with GMing in the summer is that people are gonna be on holiday. In future please tell me in advance so I can have you NPCd or reserved for the turns you are away.

Sorry for the delay, I'm staying with familly this week and forgot to bring my spead sheet meaning its taken me about an hour to do what would usually take a couple of minutes. I'm trying a new image hosting site to see if the map can be bigger too. Update will be this evening or tomorrow.

Pinman and LF, if you're not away then try to get orders in before then.

A pasture where goats roam, high in the Tios Mountains. A goat looks up from his meal of grass as the sound of thundering feet and heavy breathing grow louder and louder. Two men appear from around a corner of the fence, dressed in grey robes. They sprint on, paying no atention to the forming audience of goats. They continue up an Inn, where a horse-drawn coach awaits them. They climb in, without pausing for a second, and the coach drives off, fast.

----

April, Year of Deep Worries.

Although the Palace at Nikea has long been closed, its gardens have become a major attraction for the nobility and commoners of the former empire. Once denied to all but the Emperor and his familly, these beautiful gardens now host many public and private events. Every wednesday at 6:00pm, the gentlemen's society, an exclusive club for the male nobility of Nikea, gather for drinks, gossip and a break from the stressful life such people lead. Some men are sitting at a central table, playing a card game. Amongst them is Lord Harold Applesby, also known as Lord Nikea, the man technically in charge of the city.

''Twist.'' he says calmly, poker-faced. ''So, what's the news from the other parts of Ekonia?''

A thin, weedy man with thin brown hair brushed across an ever-growing bald patch replies, ''They say Lord Hittilia is to have the village of Thornpire.'' Passing him another card.

''Oh really, Gerold? Looks like a couple 'a people owe me some money. Including you, Jeoffre.'' Turning with a smirk to a tall, broad man with shoulder-length blonde hair.

''Hmmph.'' He replies, grudgingly handing over several gold coins. ''I don't trust Hittilia myself, people round there's a it funny, I heard.''

''Indeed'' says Gerold, ''Far too must water around there, and you know what that means...'' The others nod sagely. ''Anyway'' he continues, ''That bastard Ninerest has invaded Eastlome, almost three thousand armoured men are rumoured to be camped out there. Stick, by the way.''

''People these days...'' replies Harold bitterly, ''So inconsiderate. My nephew owns land up there. Twist.''

''Of course, that's not all that's happened. Tenshores has invaded Tunport and Inorn, both of which were under the control of Lord Einora. There's been a battle!''

''Oh?'' Harold says, interested. ''Was it a good one?''

''No, a bit of a dissapointment actually.''

''Shame. Woops, one moment chaps, call of nature.'' he said, hurrying off towards an outhouse that had been converted into public toilets.Once inside, he sits uon the toilet and pulls a thick notepad out of his bag, quickly he begins to scrawl down everything he'd heard from Jeoffre and Gerald. He then tears the page out of the pad, folds it, and slips it into an envelope...

---

---

The map is a little bigger, but a bit unclear in some places annoyingly.

Next Deadline is next monday 7:30pm.

Nice update.

What's the grey square thingy in Loe ?

{ OOC: It's a Fort. :smug:

Kol, try to save your image as .png instead of the stupid .jpg. The latter is a (compression) format for photographs, and will invariably be unclear for a sharp drawing like a map. The fact that everyone uses .jpg on the web is quite astonishing actually.

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot - bloody good update Kol, your writeups are truly enjoyable. }

Top Bottom