DMI VI - The Mearas

Good turnset. But maybe we should have continued war for mutual military struggle points?

I have a feeling that switching away from Representation hurts our happyness too much. Also I'm not too convinced that Free Speech would beat Bureaucracy at this point. Just +2 for towns as we have no need for extra culture.

Emancipation and Free Market sound good. We don't need to whip that much as production is not a problem in most of our cities.

I would like us to head towards Scientific Method next. Qin and Hannibal are close to us. Free GS from Physics is one thing we could use.

I would say our PA is Hannibal or Brennus. Now we just need to hope that Buddhism or Hinduism spread to us. I believe we will need + modifiers from religion to get PA.

·Imhotep·;6246201 said:
Yeah, Winth has missed the 24-hours-got-it. Therefore I'll skip him...

The Roster

Imhotep >> ON DECK
Meiz >>
Ralph "RJ" Jackson >>
Lucky >>
njorls >> JUST PLAYED
Winth >> SKIPPED
pholkhero >> UP NOW
I say we skip him ~ how's that for xmas spirit?? ;) :)

I think we should skip him and see if we can get Greyfox to criticise his MM as a guest appearance for the true Xmas Spirit :lol: :mischief:

F**k, totally forgot my own SG. Shame on me ! I'll play tomorrow morning, promised... :)

I played 2 more turns to bring the total to 1585 AD and the more for handing off a save without anarchy. We're doing nicely, but now is the time for grand decisions. This set was somewhat crucial for our future plans.

First thing I did was re-allocating our EP spending. With the setup we have now we see the research of all AI except Hannibal, although we see his graphs now.

Then Mansa turned up and asked us to join the war against Brennus. No, I won't even consider such a request from someone who is someone else's slave...

As the request from the Vassal did not avail the Master himself came to us. This was a hard one. Suffer the -1 with Zara or join the war against Brennus ? In the end I declined. The rationale behind it was that Brennus will be our PA partner. I pondered the situation and think that a PA with Brennus is easiest to get. First of all we start out with a good +3 with him, instead of a zero with Zara. Then his Favourite Civic is OR, not Theocracy, which allows us running it and still get religion spreads. And he values military help very much. So the plan is: Nuzzle up to Brennus, adopt OR and join the war against Zara soon.

Pacal came by with a stupid request. Go playing with someone of your own size, kid...

Rifling came in. Now we'll build up an Army and teach Zara some lessons. His DoW is not forgotten.

Brennus wanted to trade. Sure, buddy ! This gave us a +1 for fair trade relations already.

Pacal again. This time I made the deal as Dye will give us +1 happy and another +1 with a Theatre.

We got a GS. Built an Academy.

And we get the SoL [party] !

Our tech lead is amazing. The only rival is Qin, the vassal of Hannibal. All the more we should head now for a determined attack on Zara. We should put Rifles vs. Longbows to good use.

The civics switch.

This sent Brennus and Hannibal to "Pleased" immediately.

Zara's Iron source. He has popped it by working it as there was no metal anywhere on the map. We definitely want that Iron, which is one reason more to go for Zara.

Cool event, but unfortunately we have no Iron and can't build Cannons yet (although we have Steel).

The marked area on the map should be our rally point for the Army. I've ordered all our navy home, but we'll need 8 Galleons total at least for troop ferrying and some protection Galleons. I guess a stack of 15 Rifles and 9 Trebs should get us some cities from Zara.

Imhotep

P.S.: Be aware of trading ! Check the relations before every trade, we don't want negative modifiers for worst enemy trades ! Note we're running OR without a state religion. This can't be helped as we don't want to switch to Confucianism or Taoism. Once Brennus' religion spreads to us we adopt it of course, but for now we should see OR just as Diplo modifier.

Spoiler The Log :
Reminder: On Turn 225, stop playing
A Village was built near Edoras
Aldburg grows: 16
A Hamlet was built near Westfold

IBT:

Turn 216/500 (1530 AD) [18-Dec-2007 13:22:31]
A Cottage was built near Eastmark
Tech learned: Replaceable Parts
A Village was built near Starkhorn
A Hamlet was built near Starkhorn
Eastmark finishes: Library

IBT:
Attitude Change: Qin Shi Huang(China) towards Théoden King(Rohan), from 'Pleased' to 'Friendly'

Turn 217/500 (1535 AD) [18-Dec-2007 13:26:31]
Research begun: Rifling (4 Turns)
Eastmark begins: Theatre (9 turns)
Edoras grows: 23
Eastfold finishes: Taoist Temple
Mark Swiss (Great Spy) born in Eastfold
A Village was built near Methedras
A Village was built near Eastmark

IBT:
State Religion Change: Pacal II(Maya) from 'Judaism' to 'no State Religion'
Attitude Change: Qin Shi Huang(China) towards Pacal II(Maya), from 'Pleased' to 'Friendly'
Attitude Change: Pacal II(Maya) towards Qin Shi Huang(China), from 'Pleased' to 'Friendly'
Attitude Change: Pacal II(Maya) towards Mansa Musa(Mali), from 'Furious' to 'Annoyed'
Attitude Change: Zara Yaqob(Ethiopia) towards Pacal II(Maya), from 'Furious' to 'Annoyed'
Civics Change: Pacal II(Maya) from 'Organized Religion' to 'Free Religion'
Civics Change: Hannibal(Carthage) from 'Hereditary Rule' to 'Universal Suffrage'
Civics Change: Hannibal(Carthage) from 'Caste System' to 'Emancipation'

Turn 218/500 (1540 AD) [18-Dec-2007 13:28:04]
Eastfold begins: Taoist Monastery (2 turns)
Eastfold finishes: Scotland Yard
A Village was built near Westfold

IBT:

Turn 219/500 (1545 AD) [18-Dec-2007 13:30:14]
A Mine was built near Helm's Deep
Eastfold finishes: Taoist Monastery
A Village was built near Dunharrow
Westmark finishes: Harbor
A Hamlet was built near Westfold

IBT:

Turn 220/500 (1550 AD) [18-Dec-2007 13:31:06]
Eastfold begins: Security Bureau (7 turns)
Westmark begins: Theatre (13 turns)
Tech learned: Rifling
Christianity has spread: Dunharrow
Westfold grows: 12
Westfold finishes: University

IBT:
Attitude Change: Pacal II(Maya) towards Théoden King(Rohan), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'

Turn 221/500 (1555 AD) [18-Dec-2007 13:31:57]
Research begun: Steel (3 Turns)
Westfold begins: Jail (5 turns)
Aristotle (Great Scientist) born in Edoras
A Village was built near Dunburg
Eastmark finishes: Theatre

IBT:
Attitude Change: Zara Yaqob(Ethiopia) towards Pacal II(Maya), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'

Turn 222/500 (1560 AD) [18-Dec-2007 13:32:45]
Tech learned: Theology
Eastmark begins: Forge (20 turns)
Helm's Deep finishes: West Point
Methedras finishes: Bank
Trihyrne grows: 8

IBT:
Attitude Change: Pacal II(Maya) towards Théoden King(Rohan), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'

Turn 223/500 (1565 AD) [18-Dec-2007 13:34:31]
Helm's Deep begins: Rifleman (2 turns)
Methedras begins: Apothecary (10 turns)
Methedras finishes: Academy
Tech learned: Steel
A Town was built near Edoras
Dunharrow finishes: Bank
Starkhorn grows: 13
Starkhorn finishes: Observatory
Trihyrne finishes: Library
Dunburg finishes: Observatory
A Village was built near Southfold

IBT:

Turn 224/500 (1570 AD) [18-Dec-2007 13:35:31]
Research begun: Corporation (2 Turns)
Dunharrow begins: Apothecary (10 turns)
Starkhorn begins: Theatre (10 turns)
Trihyrne begins: Granary (15 turns)
Dunburg begins: Forge (20 turns)
Edoras finishes: The Statue of Liberty
Helm's Deep finishes: Rifleman
Aldburg grows: 17
Aldburg finishes: Bank
A Town was built near Starkhorn
A Town was built near Westmark
Southfold's borders expand
Eastmark grows: 11

IBT:
Civics Change: Zara Yaqob(Ethiopia) from 'Slavery' to 'Emancipation'

Turn 225/500 (1575 AD) [18-Dec-2007 13:37:13]
Reminder: stop playing
Helm's Deep begins: Rifleman (2 turns)
Aldburg begins: Jail (5 turns)
A Farm was built near Helm's Deep
A Lumbermill was built near Westfold

IBT:
State Religion Change: Qin Shi Huang(China) from 'Buddhism' to 'no State Religion'
Attitude Change: Qin Shi Huang(China) towards Zara Yaqob(Ethiopia), from 'Friendly' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Brennus(Celtia) towards Théoden King(Rohan), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Pacal II(Maya) towards Théoden King(Rohan), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Hannibal(Carthage) towards Théoden King(Rohan), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Zara Yaqob(Ethiopia) towards Qin Shi Huang(China), from 'Friendly' to 'Pleased'
Civics Change: Théoden King(Rohan) from 'Slavery' to 'Emancipation'
Civics Change: Théoden King(Rohan) from 'Decentralization' to 'Free Market'
Civics Change: Théoden King(Rohan) from 'Free Religion' to 'Organized Religion'
Civics Change: Qin Shi Huang(China) from 'Caste System' to 'Emancipation'
Civics Change: Qin Shi Huang(China) from 'Organized Religion' to 'Free Religion'
Civics Change: Mansa Musa(Mali) from 'Slavery' to 'Emancipation'

Turn 226/500 (1580 AD) [18-Dec-2007 13:41:19]

IBT:

Turn 227/500 (1585 AD) [18-Dec-2007 13:41:55]
A Lumbermill was built near Starkhorn
Dunharrow begins: Oxford University (15 turns)

don't you need a DP first before you can get the PA?

good turns otherwise ~ also, why not declare now, too? True, we're not totally prepared, but Zara is otherwise occupied and we could get a hard start on the bonus.

@pholk:

No, you only need 20 turns of shared war OR 40 turns of a DP agreement. Of course we could declare now, but I doubt it will help much. The mutual struggle bonus grows much stronger if we can render actual help by capturing cities. Phony wars don't get more than the +2 at best.

Also the next player should wake the two Great Spies at Edoras and settle them at Ex-London. I've built Scotland Yard there earlier in my set.

Imhotep

Sounds good. I was hoping Brennus would be our PA, because the song that plays when you open a trade window with him is my favorite Civ 4 song. It gets better in advanced ages, I'm listening to Brennus_Late on my mp3 player right now.

We should try and work as many mines we can, popping copper/iron would be great.

Huh. Revenge delayed. Rank overuses its privileges... ;)

Everything sounds really good to me. Zara will take too long to repair relations with him. Brennus has a vassal, so he is the Big Guy of the other continent. That means a happy trio of Rohan, Gondor and... and... and... and Rivendell! Rivendell! Yay! Um. Yay.

Though, no one commented my turnset... Was it so horrible? :]

1590 AD
World is at peace again.

Trade Corporation and Chemistry to Pacal for Scientific Method. Start Communism for free Great Spy (with low research slider, saving money for upgrades).

1595 AD
Qin demands Rifling and is declined (-2 relations).

Dunharrow (future oxford city) loses Granary and Market from bad event :mad:

Settle both Great Spies to Eastfold.

1600 AD
Qin researches Physics and gets free Great Scientist.

1605 AD
Hannibal declares Zara :p

1610 AD
Pacal asks us to convert to Heredraty Rule, No thanks.

Upgrade lot's of immortals to cavalry.

1625 AD
Free Great Spy from Communism settled in Eastfold.

1630 AD
Steam Power -> Assembly Line. No coal for us :(

1645 AD
Brennus declares war against Zara :lol: Our fleet starts sailing towards the war front.

And we pop coal from mine! :dance: :trophy: :xmascheers:

1650 AD
Hannibal asks us to join. I agree because I'm not sure when Brennus would ask the same. Hopefully this wasn't too big mistake.

Fleet is sailing here and should head to Hannibal's land before Zara tries to sink them. Two caravels with spies inside are trailing them.

Oxford University is finished and great person will born from capital in 2 turns.

Very fun turns coming ahead. Unfortunately I have to leave them for next player ;) I wonder when I will be having my first SG war... :crazyeye:

Ok Got it (better be prompt having teased Imhotep)

Time for a bit of festive warring

:xmastree:

Ralph

Well apologies for the shortish report but it wasn’t that eventful a turn set and I am pressed for time.

Anyway.

It was basically about maintaining friendly relations with Brennus and pressing home the attack versus Zara.

Throughout the turn relations have improved with Brennus but he has switched between “we are doing fine on our own” and “Haven’t had a war for long enough mode” not sure how significant that is but thought I would report it. He is currently in the latter so looking good if we can maintain the war.

Non Military stuff

We researched Ass Line, Physics and Electricity. Industrialism selected but no turns invested.

In Turn 242 we got a merchant who is sitting in Edoras

We built Kremlin at the end of the set and are working on Pentagon because +2 experience is always nice!

Military Stuff

Well Zara packed his city with most of his defenders so it took a while to take down but we have. Spies were a grave disappointment being given the
“So Blofeld do you expect me to talk!”
“No Mr Bond I expect you to die!!”
Treatment which is why we haven’t got any unfortunately!

Here is the military front and we are ready to press on and in particular get hold of the only Iron on the map!!

Enjoy

Ralph

Attachments

• Thÿoden King AD-1700.CivBeyondSwordSave
    332.6 KB · Views: 72
Quick addendum before I go out on the town :cheers:

BUG Apology

I had the BUG mod running when I was playing by mistake and I know this Bugs :mischief: some players. Dont open the log or it will crash.

War weariness has strated to bite so we could burn the GM on a Golden AGe and switch to Police State / Nationalism if desired :confused:

Ralph

Now we just need to keep the war going until Brennus agrees on PA. Looking good :)

I would just use culture slider for war weariness.

How about Sid's Sushi with GM?

Top Bottom