1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Do/Did you wear braces?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by The 777 Hoax, Jun 14, 2006.

?

Do/Did you wear braces on your teeth?

1. Yes, but not anymore

44 vote(s)
    47.8%
  2. Yes, I do currently

8 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. No, I never have

40 vote(s)
    43.5%
  1. The 777 Hoax

The 777 Hoax future skeleton

I'm not either... I bet about 1/3 of the people at my school wear them. And it's not like they are completely hideous... you get to pick your favorite colors! :D

2. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

If I was told i had to wear braces, i wouldn't be particularly pleased. I'd probably downright refuse it.

3. Godwynn

Godwynn March to the Sea

Meh, I might try that Ivisialign stuff.

4. The 777 Hoax

The 777 Hoax future skeleton

What's that?

5. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I think he ment "Invisalign" which are basicly invisible braces if memory serves.

6. Godwynn

Godwynn March to the Sea

Instead of metal braces, they are like plastic covers that slowly push the teeth back into position. Clear, removable, plastic braces in short.

7. puglover

puglover Disturber of Worldviews

I had four teeth pulled yesterday. Not fun. Got a bunch of interesting stories, though. :lol:

I'll have to wear braces in a couple weeks. Why does my mouth have to be perfect? :(

8. GenMarshall

Wish I had thoes. I mainly had the glue on brackets and metal wires.

9. Godwynn

Godwynn March to the Sea

As did I, but I researched into the Invisalign, the user has to wear them for 23 hours of the day, only to take them out for eating and brushing ones teeth. Thats pretty rough.

10. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Nope, and I seriously hope I don't get wisdom teeth.

11. GenMarshall

Funny thing is, I was not born with wisdom teeth. My mother only had two wisdom teeth.

@PrinceScamp - and I am still trying to figure out what your avatar is :p ;).

12. RameNoodle

RameNoodle ND Number 1!

"Oh, you'll have them off by high school...."
    Well, they didn't come off until six months later, although they were a nice Christmas gift. The removal, of course. But yes, I had braces, and the worst experience ever with teeth.
    So, I was supposed to have clear braces, but the first day, they messed up and gave me metal ones. I had to come in the next day and they took off the metal ones and put on the clear ones. Now we know how it feels the first few days...
    And on the subject of retainers, I was supposed to wear them 24/7 for fiveish months, and I did for about one. Now, I just wear them at night, because otherwise they make my breath really bad and I have a lisp...:blush:

13. Godwynn

Godwynn March to the Sea

I can't complain too much about my wisdom teeth. Yes they cramped my teeth making them go back to out of line, but the stuff they give you to make you pass out at the orthodontist makes it completely worth it.

14. shortguy

shortguy It's a working title

It really isn't that bad. Certainly it's not as bad as some make it out to be. It hurts, but not terribly, for a few days, and eating causes some discomfort for about a week.

15. Evil Tyrant

Evil Tyrant Eccentric Dictator

I used to, for about two years. Nothing felt so good as when they were removed and I didn't have those things on my teeth. I must admit though, my teeth are straighter because of them. But they are still not fun to wear.

16. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

I could drink by pouring or placing liquid in my mouth and swallowing.

17. Chukchi Husky

Chukchi Husky Lone Wolf

I was supposed to have them years ago, but I never been to the dentist since (because they cancelled the appointment and never made another).

18. Bartleby

Bartleby Remembers laughter

My teeth are wonky, as god intended them to be.

19. Syterion

Syterion Voodoo Economist

I had braces for two years in middle school. They weren't that bad. My teeth definitely look better now, by a lot. And those of you you don't wear the retainer, you're wasting all the money you spent. All you have to do is at least wear them at night every day for a few years and you'll pretty much be set. They recommend that you wear them once a week so your teeth don't try anything on you, but it's worth it.

20. Eran of Arcadia

Eran of Arcadia Stormin' Mormon Retired Moderator

The Sunshine and Lettuce Capital of the World
    My dental history:

Starting when I was 10, I had to wear a retainer 24/7 for about a year and a half. When I was 13, I had my last 7 baby teeth pulled to get braces put in. I had braces for the next 2 years, then a retainer for 2 more years, which finally I got rid of just before college. 4 years ago I had my top wisdom teeth (the only ones to come in) pulled. Now I have very good teeth. But due to my personality I rarely smile and due to the shape of my mouth, when I do my teeth don't show unless I exaggerate it and then it looks freaky.