[DoC] Of Sultans and Caliphs: An Arabian Interactive AAR!

Red Nile is where it's at. But that's not my decision. You'd have to ask Red_Spy or momo. ;)

:bump: I think we have all orders in.

It hasn't had ONE update yet. (cough, cough)

In other words:
:agree:

You've all been waiting for this:

I will do influence first.

Because I played 10 turns, and influence is added up every 5 turns, I just multiplied the base addition to influence by 2 (with the exception of Duke of Britain because his house moved to Constantinople)

Also, with the completion of a Forge in Alexandria, all industrious and creative leaders get an additional 3 influence. If you are both traits, you get 6 influence. If you had one of those traits and your home was Alexandria, your additional influence was doubled.
So:

Red Spy: 20+8+8+3+3+3=45
Hoplitejoe: 20+9+9+2+2=42
Yoshi: 20+6+6+2+2=36
momo1000: 20+8+8+3+3+3=42
Omega: 20+9+9=38
CampRadion: 20+10+10+3+3=46
Terrance888: 20+9+9+3=41
PANCAKE LORD THE FOURTH (NinjaCow) (didnt pick city so I automatically chose Makkah for you NC): 20+5+5=30
Duke of Britain: 20+9+5+3+3+3=43
Alpav: 20+6+6+3+3=38
Al-Shivad (Civ'ed): 20+10+10+3+3=46
Ol-ad-Din (General Olaf): 20+9+9+3+3=44
SteveTR: 20+6+6+3+3=38
غَرْب اَلْهِنْدرَجُل (Gharb Al-Hind Rajul) (west india man): 20+6+6+2+2=36
Prospo: 20+9+9=38

In 840 AD (turn 30) Konya fell to the ever-expanding Caliphate. The Red Star House that ruled the Caliphate at the time decided to create the new Emirate of Turkey to govern the northwest frontier of the Caliphate.

By the beginning of the 10th century, the shrinking Byzantine Empire was throwing all of its forces in an attempt to keep the Arabs away from Constantinople. But in 904 AD (turn 38) the Arabs took the city. The Eastern Roman Emperor fled to Athens to avoid a total collapse of the once-sprawling empire. Constantinople was added to the Emirate of Turkey.

By 920 AD (turn 40) the Caliphate looked like this. Islam was beginning to spread southwards into the heart of Africa as missionaries began to approach the independant petty kingdoms of Christian Ethiopia.

Things to keep in mind:

-Red Spy, you need to pick an Emir of Turkey (Konya, Constantinople)
-Red Spy's grace period as caliph is over. Anyone can now overthrow him.

Emir of Turkey:

Duke of Britian

Camel Archer in Constantinople. It will be named Bodyguards of Sultan Shafir-Imam

The sultan watched as the Troops of the Caliphate rode past the balcony he had commandeered paraded in the streets of Constantinople. For this campaign he had traveled far from his homeland and household in Al-Quds, where he was converted only a few years before and became the Caliphate's fiercest fighter and shrewdest leader in the Egyptian Campaign. Now he watches as the entire army, the finest men of the Caliphate, marched in his name, as well as that of Red_Spy the Caliph and Mohammad the Prophet.

Behind him are his new body guard. Trained from hand-picked men from the front lines in the tactics of shock and awe, of smashing through the enemy. Tactics that are not well known by Camel archers and are more suited to their Cataphrat Enemies or Knights. however, they served him well: the original ten routed three hundred pikemen who were blocking the western enterance to the square in front of the citadel, and in that way, won the battle for him. Now his guard numbered five hundred... a brigade with the power of a division.

He looked south. Byzantine ships still fished in defiance in Islamic war boats, who themselves are rare. It was only luck that a storm passed the south when they crossed the sea of Bosporous: they could have easily been smashed by the galleys and triremes. That must have been a sign for Allah, as was their success against the what seemed to be impenetrable walls. "There base in 'Greece' must be taken" he whispered as he looked beyond his army "We must bath the world in blood and purify it in Allah's name"

Orders: Push further into Greece and take that out if possible and make the Byzantines collapse with my bodyguards leading the way. Ask for ships and seige for reinforcements. Camel archer reinforcemetns and wounded will gather at the eastern border to ready for India.

Raise a Camal Archer in Al-Qahirah, named Red Spy's Bodyguard.

The Red Star House, based in the city of Al-Qahirah was one of were religion was of the upmost importance. In the House was Red Spy the current Caliph, his cousin, Red Engineer, who was the Caliphs head advisor, and his son, and if he were to die, succesor, Red Spy II. The Caliph was the first leader of the Muslim World after its orginal collapse, and was to set the standards all future Caliphs will follow. Upon hearing news that the city of Constantinople, a long held city of the Christian Byazatines, he declared a nationwide celebration and a new holiday, سقوط القسطنطينية, (Fall of Constantinople).

Now that the center of Christanity was broken in the east, he annouced an intention to march on the holy city, Rome. (It is Rome isn't it?). Once the city falls, the will of the Christian nations will be broken, and conquest in Europe open up.

Orders: Contuine what your doing, and explore some more.

Strategy: Our main army will receive few reinforcements, but over all we will push down into greece, finish up there and then push up towards Italy.

We need at least 3 Camel Archers to take the remaining Byzantine forces in North Africa. If we can launch a two-pronged attack on Rome with the use of a navy, we can destroy the heat of Christiandom as well.

Another way is to focus on India and Ethiopia first. But I am against that.

Motto of House Immam
وسيع أيا كان الثمن- Expand at all cost.

Yes, that stragety is very good, after We capture Italy and most of North Africa, then we can turn our eyes east.

EDIT: As the empire gets larger, am I allowed to combine emirates, to reduce the amount of people I have to hire? Example: If and when get North Africa, Can I combine that with Egypt, to form a larger Emirate?

orders: I raise a unit of camel archers named The Medditeranean Marine Corps (promotions: Strength 1 and 2, shock and amphibious)

Top Bottom