[DoC] Of Sultans and Caliphs: An Arabian Interactive AAR!

post the save and i will give my full opinion but at the moment i completely disagree in terms of neglecting india, do you know how many workers they have? and india will stay ours for longer as india cannot respawn till nationalism and only has barbs to attack it unlike any holdings in europe or turky which will have and ottoman spawn and European .

The Caliph has spoken. I serve the will of the Caliph.

OOC: So? It will take another turn set to readjust our army, while we can instead quickly finish off the byzantines. If he orders me to order the army to take Rome, I'll take it. At best, we can spin off a few Islamic Sultanates/vassals.

Most in Europe have spawned, and Italy want be taken away by them.
We can attack India with spare troops if we have some.

Raise a Camel Archer at Constantinople, they will be named The Duke Guard. Give it Combat promotions
Whip a harbor in Constantinople and start a Courthouse -> Worker -> Madrassa
In Konya continue the granary, and start a Forge, but when it gets to pop 3 i want a worker done here, after that you can continue the forge.

Oh my Caliph, it's an honour to be appointed as Emir of Turkey, i will do my best to appease you and serve well our great people.
I am raising some troops in Constantinople so i can help conquer Athens, if it becomes our next target.

i would suggest to ignore Italy for now, we will loss the cities anyway unless we keep a big defense here, and then we probably would be neglecting other areas of the Caliphate, i think it would be better to advance in Tripoli and Tunis, and after that India.
And the Christians would for sure try to take Rome, what would cause us trouble, because we would have to keep shipping troops over here, while the other areas of the caliphate will be open to invasions from the barbarians in the east

btw, when we take Trabzon, what about razing it and settling a city 2E of it?

OOh, influence. :)
EDIT: Raise a Camel Archer at Baghdad. Name them the Arabian Knights and give them Combat I and II, Shock and Medic I. I will let the Caliph decide what is to be done with them. :)

why attack Europe when India is
1) full of resources
2) somewhere we have good stability in
3)full of very much needed workers. (our infrastructural is beyond bad)
4)easy to defend, the only thing to worry about is the occasional war elephant
5)almost with no defence, unlike Europe India does not have pikemen or knights or even long bowmen. this will not be the case if we do not invade VERY soon.

Its up to the Sultan to decide now, I am leaving the outcome to him.

Since it is up to me to decide. I order our army in Constantinople with minmal reinforcement to pressure,then take Byzantine Athens.

Any troops from Egypt will go to attack north Africa. Any troops from Persia will gather in preparation for a attack on India. The Indian campaign will receive little reinforcement once launched: I want some scouting camel archers as well as a main stack of camels+seige if needed (longbows + pike). For North Africa, 3 camel archers is goo enough for a speedy offence. I declare the Emir of Egypt to lead any local actions in that theature while I finish up Greece and bring my veterans back to Palestine (to divide mostly for india and some for africa.)

In that case i would like to raise a camel archer with Cover,Shock,City Raiders II and III. i would like him to be called Mandulu. he can act as a first attack trying to take Mumbai (on the west coast of india) if he manges to do that send him straight to attack Delhi. any workers captured i would like to make my personal slaves then set them to attaching the cites/connecting resources in Persia.

As Emir of Cairo and Alexandria and the Pharoah of the Nile, I request the assistance of my fellow Moslems in conquering the Barbary Coast from the infidels! If you could pledge your support by donating troops for the cause it would be greatly appreciated.

-Emir of Egypt

Actions: raise a camel archer with combat one, city raider one, medic one, and melée

WOOT! SPRING BREAK BEGINS TOMORROW! :woohoo:

That means that I can get hopefully 2 more updates by the day I leave for a school trip (April 28-May 2). I might update this again in the 3 days between my 1st school trip and my 2nd school trip (May 5-May 9), but that is a big maybe.

i guess you would like the emir orders soon then

OOC:I would like join the Red Nile alliance.

Edit: Raise a contingent of camel archers named Aabas' division. Promote them with combat I & II, march, and shock

IC: Abbas Kassab, patriarch of the house of the book and its founder, has issued a proclamation amongst the various houses and families of Al-Quds. He has announced he will be fighting in the North African campaign against the byzantine infidels himself. All able-bodied men willing to join him may come along with their own camels, bows and arrows will be provided. Abbas himself will ride the finest camel in his herd, with the family crest of the House of the Book hanging from either side. He also contacted the Red Nile alliance of his wish to join the caliph and his league of houses.

Congratulations Prospo, Welcome to the Red Nile.

I started my autumn break... 4 and a half days ago :D

Top Bottom