DoC Whole Empire Challenge

I said I wanted someone to do Arabia. I finally prefered doing it alone. However, I have to admit, this is not DOC 1.9, so I couldn't fight the moors:sad:. Would this count?

Yeah, I think you have 1.9, since it doesn't have the Moors either, so it most likely counts, nice work! I believe this was the Abbasid Caliphate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Abbasid_Caliphate_most_extant.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Umayyad750ADloc.png

Is France really that difficult? Since its two colonial empires don't really overlap chronologically, neither seems like it would be a huge challenge, and the rules suggest you only need whichever one is bigger.

Well, perhaps it isn't that difficult, but imo you should control both colonial empires simultaniously, not to forget Napoleon's conquests.

Actually, if you check via Google Earth, the Nile river 1W & 1 SW of that Kufah should be moved 1 tile East attached to Kufah to make it accurate.

And then 1 SE of Kufah should be Meruwah :)

Well, perhaps it isn't that difficult, but imo you should control both colonial empires simultaniously, not to forget Napoleon's conquests.

In my opinion, "whole empire" means controlling every major piece of territory that that country has ever controlled. Like you said, France would require both colonial empires and Napoleon's conquests simultaneously. It also means that the Eastern US would be required for Britain, southern Italy for Spain, etc.

In my opinion, "whole empire" means controlling every major piece of territory that that country has ever controlled. Like you said, France would require both colonial empires and Napoleon's conquests simultaneously. It also means that the Eastern US would be required for Britain, southern Italy for Spain, etc.

Oh dear, will this satisfy you? :D
The Thirteen colonies have been formed..

Spoiler :

There's just no pleasing some people, eh Jusos? ;)

I think (and if I remember correctly we've even had this argument before) that while it won't exactly be easy, a full French empire would be easier than a full British one. You don't need quite as many cities but they're generally more productive (Denver/Chicago/New Orleans triangle is actually a part of your required conquests, for instance - not to mention highly productive land in central and Western Europe).

I think the main challenge will be stability - lots of foreign core areas to control, not to mention dozens of tiles in West Africa that won't produce much but will affect your stability a fair amount imo

I finally finished my Russian Empire, I wanted to settle a few more cities in eastern siberia but my empire collapsed 1 turn later, so here it is! I know it might not be the best but I tried :rolleyes: Vassals: China, Korea, Italy, Persia

Finland and Baltics
Spoiler :

Western Siberia
Spoiler :

Central Siberia
Spoiler :

Eastern Siberia
Spoiler :

Alaska
Spoiler :

Caucasus and Anatolia
Spoiler :

Other less important stuff

Cuba
Spoiler :

Transoxania
Spoiler :

Is there any way I could have been more stable? Because conquering central Siberia killed my stability and collapsed me very quickly

Is there any way I could have been more stable? Because conquering central Siberia killed my stability and collapsed me very quickly
I think Russia/China should get more Contested tiles around Mongolia. Whenever Mongolia dies, one or both of them inevitably take over the land. They are already severely punished economically for owning these worthless cities, so why hit them with an extra Expansion Stability hit too? :confused:

I think Russia/China should get more Contested tiles around Mongolia. Whenever Mongolia dies, one or both of them inevitably take over the land. They are already severely punished economically for owning these worthless cities, so why hit them with an extra Expansion Stability hit too? :confused:

I was thinking that too considering that too considering that Russia even gets unique names yet it isn't stable. Like you said Russia (Most of the Mongol founded cities are in Modern-day Russia) and China (Qing Dynasty) should get some stability and shouldn't be punished so much.

I finally finished my Russian Empire, I wanted to settle a few more cities in eastern siberia but my empire collapsed 1 turn later, so here it is! I know it might not be the best but I tried :rolleyes: Vassals: China, Korea, Italy, Persia

Finland and Baltics
Spoiler :

Western Siberia
Spoiler :

Central Siberia
Spoiler :

Eastern Siberia
Spoiler :

Alaska
Spoiler :

Caucasus and Anatolia
Spoiler :

Other less important stuff

Cuba
Spoiler :

Transoxania
Spoiler :

That's a fine Russian Empire, Cuba goes more to the USSR category though. What year were the pics taken?

In this case, should the french empire require Charlemagne empire?

I'm missing Vladivostok.

I'm missing Vladivostok.
I made the mistake of letting Korea be my vassal, I thought about using world builder to remove Korea as my vassal but I just left it. BTW the finish date is 1734

I third Russian & Chinese yellow in Mongolia.
The USSR had huge involvement in Mongolia in the 20th century.
And half of Mongolia's historical territory is within the PRC's borders,
not to mention that there are more Mongols who live in China than in actual Mongolia.

Yeah, I think you have 1.9, since it doesn't have the Moors either, so it most likely counts, nice work! I believe this was the Abbasid Caliphate.

Thanks. So, how can I play as the Moors(and the other new civs) if it's not on 1.9?

SVN. See the main thread.

Here is Kingdom of Italy at its fullest extent (World War II);

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

1.9, Normal and Monarch. Done in 1918. This took some more time than expected due to very powerful neighbours, so I might revisit this one.

Or the Soviet Empire, based on this map.

I won Domination Victory couple turns ago, I actually had almost 35% of land, but was short on pop before taking Vietnam. After hitting enter, I achieved more than 1 million square kilometers of land for the first time ever, 1 009 000 to be exact!:D

Spoiler :

My strategy relied heavily on stealing and the first two GPs that I generated were Great Spies. I first infiltrated the Turks and then the Netherlands. I stole a bunch techs from the Turks and tons of cash, so that I could ran 100% science (or some espionage from time to time) all the time. After the Netherlands spawned I began stealing techs from them, including Astronomy, Economics and Pringting Press (and Military Tradition from the Turks). Because of the stealing, I was able to take Replaceable Parts with Liberalism and I got Rifles and Cavalry around 1600. After that everything was pretty easy and only Prussia dared to declare war on me once. That cost them Austria and Kaliningrad and Berlin. I vassalised Aztecs, Incas and Italy just because I offered and they weren't interfering with my conquest goals.

The USSR

Spoiler :

The Development of the empire:

Spoiler :

Other pics:
Spoiler :

@Leoreth: Do you know why my civic stability is so low, eventhough I run the most stable civic combo possible?
Spoiler :

Top Bottom