DoC Whole Empire Challenge

I think (and if I remember correctly we've even had this argument before) that while it won't exactly be easy, a full French empire would be easier than a full British one. You don't need quite as many cities but they're generally more productive (Denver/Chicago/New Orleans triangle is actually a part of your required conquests, for instance - not to mention highly productive land in central and Western Europe).

I think the main challenge will be stability - lots of foreign core areas to control, not to mention dozens of tiles in West Africa that won't produce much but will affect your stability a fair amount imo

I tend to agree here, as France you first conquer Europe and then settle the great spots in NA. Everything is easy after that..

Spoiler :
There's just no pleasing some people, eh Jusos? ;)

:lol: This brings a certain youtube video in mind...

Wouldn't the prussians be the most difficult one? They had France as a vassal during World War II and you are not allowed to control any historical land through vassals. So you have to aquire France's colonies too.

Here is Kingdom of Italy at its fullest extent (World War II);

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

1.9, Normal and Monarch. Done in 1918. This took some more time than expected due to very powerful neighbours, so I might revisit this one.

Needs to control the sea east of Athens to represent control of Rhodes :scan:

Wouldn't the prussians be the most difficult one? They had France as a vassal during World War II and you are not allowed to control any historical land through vassals. So you have to aquire France's colonies too.

Since the did not/could not use France's remaining military potential, or their colonies as military base, I would say it's not part of Germany's maximum territorial expansion.

Since the did not/could not use France's remaining military potential, or their colonies as military base, I would say it's not part of Germany's maximum territorial expansion.
Agreed. The French colonies were mostly under Free France. Watch Casablanca.

Did you, by any chance, had a chance if the Trans-siberian UHV can be done? Because I can't seem to get it done and I have no idea what I am doing wrong or if it's just a bug

Did you, by any chance, had a chance if the Trans-siberian UHV can be done? Because I can't seem to get it done and I have no idea what I am doing wrong or if it's just a bug

No, it never checked, eventhough I had railroads all over Siberia and in at least four pacific ports.

For the French empire, are the "temporary" colonies to be included as well? France Antarctique, France Equinoxale, Fort Caroline, Zhanjiang and Cilicia? There are others but...

Including the First and Second Colonial Empires and Napoleons conquests.

I took Italy and Spain asap and then focused on the American colonies. England was super advanced and they got Economics around 1430 and I beat them to Liberalism by one turn, so I chose to take Military Science with it and ended up blockading the British Isles for about 400 years of the remaining ~500 years. I got to wonder that how could they get the plague when I was blockading them all the time?:confused: Same thing happened in another game, where the plague iniated on an Indonesian Island, which I was blockading, but it still spread around the world. Seems like the plague spread how it wills... My sea domination was assured by Rome with Military Academy, Trafalgar Square and the Colosseum, a couple settled GGs were just a bonus.;)

Anyway, when the big wars started, I took French Indochina quickly (I had taken India much earlier) and then prepared to take Syria and Germany. Gladly Germany was allied with me against the Turks, Egypt, Iran, Thailand, the Netherlands, Japan, Korea, Portugal and, of course, the British Empire. So when I took Amsterdam and Wien, Germany rallied her troops against the Ottomans and after a fierce battle and superior troops they were able to take Constantinople. I saw my oppurtunity and betrayed Germany by declaring war on them and immeatidely taking Frankfurt and razing Hamburg. Berlin was soon burned and at last I took Königsburg and Germany capitulated. I had also capitulated Thailand a bit earlier and Egypt quickly capitulated after I took Tunis. Ottomans had been ready to sign peace for while and I did so and took Damascus as a reward. Ottomans collapsed soon after, but were able to get a city from congress, so they were instantly resurrected.:crazyeye: After that I just conquered the West Africa, which had horrendous effects on my stabilty, since I had to raze many of Mansa's crappy cities. Alltogether I razed 17 cities.

Something needs to be done to AI's city placement...

Spoiler :

The French Empire:

Spoiler :

The Development of the Empire:

Spoiler :

I suceed to build the trans-siberian, you need to build a railroad from St-Petersburg to a coastal city of the pacific

So it needs to be the St-Petersburgh site specifically I guess? Since either Narva or Moscow didn't work.

It needs to connect Moscow and a coastal tile labeled as "Siberia". Moscow means the tile you spawn on.

Impressive french empire. I like how you renamed Oran to Algiers (the french name of Algiers is Alger).

The spanish empire
Spoiler :
Iberia Maghreb (I didn't built Melilla because the city is not that historically important. It's mostly a trophy for Spain).
Southern Italy The Netherlands (I painted 2 Mona Lisa there. While the revolt stopped, the border didn't expand and dutch people are currently dying of hunger because no one control the titles around Amsterdam) The Philipines The Americas
Vassals:
-Iran
-China
-Mali
-Ethiopia
-Bysantium

In order to be more historically accurate, I bankrupt myself a few times :goodjob:
PS: Sorry for the double post.

That's a nice Spanish empire, I've got to admit. I wonder why you founded Bogota where you did and not one W though.

Top Bottom