ahmedhadzi - Askoa of Sumeria
Rash - Washington of Zulu
SilentCon - Vic of portugal

http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=1813

reg p/w: km

kmbts.no-ip.org:2059

NoScore2 MOD

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=232513&d=1256725373

Please post any issue here. Timer will be 24h next turn.

Usual double moves apply - i.e None. Your expected to defend to the last man, quitters will not be tolerated.

There are some issues with the unwanted map reveal - nothing major, same for all.

I just want to confirm that some of the startup is as intended. In addition to normal techs, the Incans also started with Hunting and Archery.

I also see two areas of the map not near me (one of which appears to be an island with a railroad running through it).

Same here. +Hunting and Archery, 2 spots of visibility. (one is the central island).

Central island appears to have a railroad, and some funny distribution of ocean tiles instead of coast (fine if it's intended to keep people off it, but it looks blocked by ocean at the north end, but the south end has coastal tiles)

Yep, there should be a visable island with RR, the other patch of reveal is unwanted.

Now hunting and archery should not happen, i shall look again at that. I'm using a 3rd party map edititor and worlbuilder - long story.

I'll probaly take the map down and sort it out.

All sorted, ready to play.
I heard that BB Pants is away for 2 weeks, he doesn't seem to have subs in his other games, so not sure what is going on.

Ok I am into the game and have chosen Zara of Korea.

However I had changed my mind in the signup thread (see post 37), to Pacal of Native America.

I've logged on to the game and registered at CivStats, so good to go.

Subscribed... checked server -> fine. sorry hadn't seen the thread (and tx Morgan to look after me ;)). BBP will be back next week iirc. Silu is his sub in the Geronimo's island game. Maybe he can play a turn or two in the meantime.

Cheers

I downloaded no score mod, and put it in MODS folder, as per instructions here. Then started the game, joined it successfully for about half a second and then game crashed. Tried again this time loading the mod first and then trying to join the MP from there, same thing.

It looked to me that I get some prompt about some save game, but like I said the whole thing is like half a second so I'm not sure. Any thoughts?

I managed to get screen shot:

Spoiler :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think you always have to switch to the mod before opening the game. It never worked for me having it switch mods while trying to load. I think that's just the way it is. I made a shortcut so I could open CivIV in NoScore mod easily. If you want to know how let me know.

I also had the problem you got an error message for when trying to open an SGOTM save. It was because I had something unkosher in my assets folder. I actually think it was some part of BUG because I hadn't messed with anything else. I didn't know how to find what was "changed" so I reinstalled my game. It worked fine. I don't know if there's a less drastic way of fixing it, but it worked.

Subscribed... checked server -> fine. sorry hadn't seen the thread (and tx Morgan to look after me ;)). BBP will be back next week iirc. Silu is his sub in the Geronimo's island game. Maybe he can play a turn or two in the meantime.

Cheers

Sorry about this - I was supposed to sub for bbp from the get-go, but I only subscribed to the previous thread for this game and since there were no posts in that I just assumed the game hadn't started yet. I'll sub now until bbp is back, which should be shortly.

I think you always have to switch to the mod before opening the game. It never worked for me having it switch mods while trying to load. I think that's just the way it is. I made a shortcut so I could open CivIV in NoScore mod easily. If you want to know how let me know.

I also had the problem you got an error message for when trying to open an SGOTM save. It was because I had something unkosher in my assets folder. I actually think it was some part of BUG because I hadn't messed with anything else. I didn't know how to find what was "changed" so I reinstalled my game. It worked fine. I don't know if there's a less drastic way of fixing it, but it worked.

I only have base game installed and that's it. So some other advice would also be nice.

download Extract_contents_to_Mods_folder__NoScoreV2.zip

find your civ4/beyondthesword/mods folder
NOT your civ4/mods folder

extract contents of the zip (a folder named NoScoreV2) to that folder.

Directory path should now be Civ4/bts/mods/NoScoreV2

Launch Civ4. Advanced > Load A Mod > NoScoreV2
Game will re-launch. Now in the top-right corner there should be some small text that says NoScoreV2

Color me confused. Apparently the game restarted and there's a "Peter of India", but he has the traits (and leaderhead) of Asoka and the UB/UU of Sumeria? :confused: There is no leader that's PHI/EXP, but there are two Pacals (one of which seems to be named Zara Yacob) of Korea (but NA's UB/UU) and India. :confused:^2 I didn't claim the "Peter" for bbp as there seems to be a participant that actually should be Asoka of Sumeria - should I have done that anyway? Is most of this just some UI confusion caused by pitboss that's totally normal?

I just noticed the deadline for this first turn is quite long and I think bbp should be back before that - maybe I'll just let him handle this and quietly retreat from the pitboss caves :D

Sorry for confustion, your right that the leaders are not correct, got my files mixed up.

The correct game should now be up with all the changes to leaders that have been requested.

Logged in and claimed Pacal of NA, but I noticed that leaders displayed in the opening screen still showed a Zara Yaqob existing. Also civstats is incorrect as well.

I noticed that leaders displayed in the opening screen still showed a Zara Yaqob existing. Also civstats is incorrect as well.

I guess as the WB file been run through a couple of map editors it's a bug of some kind, in game it is Pete of India and at the start screen it shows Phil / EXP.

Use Ctrl D in game to rename the empire.

Just remembered that Civstats doesn't recognise the new Civs in BTS. That might explain some things.

Top Bottom