Duel - Game

I do not care if you double move from out of sight range to attack one of my cities as long as you do not go last in the previous turn and first in the following turn (which both Adi and you have been doing a lot of, despite the agreed upon rule not to). I am baffled that anyone could seriously try to make the claim that moving units in enemy territory while performing a double move doesn't change things or have any major impact!

OK, so it is obvious that we can not have this resolved. And if I double move, I don't think that I ever did something to change the game course. It was mainly done where there was no threats to me, and I only recently got some caravels.

So maybe we should try to make strict order which would work for all?

Lost my internet over the weekend, sorry about that. Seems I've missed 3 turns...

I think it's obvious that any discussions about what would constitute a double move and what would not are going to fail. I see two ways forward - either an alarm clock game where anything goes, or a strict turn order.

I vote for a strict turn order.

I vote for anything goes.
I am not opposed to a strict turn order however it is going to slow us down for little gain in my opinion.

If we go to a strict turn order how are we going to address the issue of players missing turns (like the 3 turns that Niklas just missed)? I may miss a couple of turns over the next week as I will be out of town and I am not yet sure if I will have access to the game. I would rather the game keep moving instead of being suspended when this inevitably happens.

Adi is not registered on civstats and based on his occassional multiple logins per turn seems to randomly login to the game to see if it is his go or not. This is likely to prove problematic if we go for a strict turn order.

The current turn order is Exploit, Elkad, Adi, Niklas. If we are going to go with a strict turn order then I suggest that we give the first person 0-6 hours from the time the turn flips to make their move, the second person gets 6-12 hours, the third person 12-18 hours and the fourth person 18-24 hours. Once the people before you go then you can go earlier if you wish. If a person misses their time slot then they can go later in the turn however on subsequent turns their turn sequence will be moved to the spot when they last played.

For example: Exploit fails to make his move 6 hours after the turn flips so Elkad makes his move. 12 hours after the turn flip Exploit still has not gone so Adi makes his move. 13 hours after the turn flip Exploit makes his move so Niklas then makes his moves. In the next turn the turn order is changed to Elkad, Adi, Exploit, Niklas to reflect the change due to Exploit being late on his previous move.

Would that type of scenario be acceptable for everyone?

Note: if there are any disputes on turn order then we are unlikely to get a reload since Morgan has indicated that he has little time to maintain the games he is hosting now due to real life issues. Furthermore we are likely to lose Morgan as a host shortly after Christmas so we should all be saving the game after our moves and looking for an alternate host if we want the game to continue beyond the next couple of weeks.

Regards,
Exploit

Exploit is right, I'm not going to be availble for quick and timely reloads.

There is another host who has indicated willingness to help me out and host when i'm unable to.

The game is down? And if you like I will register on civstats, no problem.

I think Exploit's suggested scheme for time slots is good, I vote for using that. Elkad, ahmedhadzi?

I am back home now and checking on my civ games. It appears that this game has been down for 3 days. Is this game still going on another host? If so what is the IP info.

I am back home now and checking on my civ games. It appears that this game has been down for 3 days. Is this game still going on another host? If so what is the IP info.

I was wondering the same. Didn't we had someone who could host?

Top Bottom