[C3C] Earth Fantasy Mod(EFM)

New _Earth_Fantasy_Mod_Beta1.16_pach.zip available.
patch information:
Fixed DarkElfWitch.INI(tjs282 indicated the bug and corrected it)

Last edited:
Is it conceivable that it is caused by the toad’s(.../Units/Croaker/CroakerFortify.wav and ...Units/Giant Croaker/GiantCroakerFortify.wav) voice,because it's pretty deafening?
I can't answer that question for certain, but I suspect not. Because I'm (still) playing through my second game with the Wizards of Esheath, and I can't (yet?) build any of those units myself — nor have I seen such a unit hopping around on the main-map screen. So unless it's both buildable by one of the Wizards' neighbours, and also Invisible, then there wouldn't be any reason for the game to be playing that sound-file, would there?

BTW, if they haven't already got one, the Wizards really need at least 1 unit which can see Invisible units — even if it's just the Magical Worker (like in CCM).

I had an RoP with the Peredrinor Dark Elves, and I know they had Invisible units on my turf, because I kept getting the "That will cause war! Are you sure?" pop-up warning while trying to send my units into what looked like blank tiles. And then later, while my Djinns and Oriental Mages were down south hammering the Pirates and the Hobbits (at their 'request'!), the Dark Elves sneak-attacked me — possibly when our RoP ran out, but not because I tried to evict them — and now I can't see where half their units are... :scared:

Last edited:
I began to deal with the fault of the citizens. Interestingly, the happy faces citizens appear first in order not second.
I looked at all human civilizations and hobbits. I marked their condition with a small colored square according content,
and a small colored circle on their happy faces: You can see that the game has swapped the icons.
Blue square=content face(has been replaced happy face icon)
Azure circle=happy face(has been replaced content face icon)
Red square=angry face(has been replaced unhappy face icon)
Yellow circle=unhappy face(has been replaced angry face icon)

unfortunately the picture was not allowed by the forum:undecide:

I'll replace them so they look normal, but if i edited it, i will fix the other bugs as well.
I will complement the pictures of the citizens, I complement the images of citizens in the nomadic civilization as well, thinking about and I adding chaos dwarfs employed citizens.
it will be a slightly longer project in time. When I'm done I'll put it in an additional package...

I can't answer that question for certain, but I suspect not. Because I'm (still) playing through my second game with the Wizards of Esheath, and I can't (yet?) build any of those units myself — nor have I seen such a unit hopping around on the main-map screen. So unless it's both buildable by one of the Wizards' neighbours, and also Invisible, then there wouldn't be any reason for the game to be playing that sound-file, would there?

My question is, does the annoying sound come in from the beginning of the game?
it would be good to find the root of the problem. If you try a new game start for a few rounds, please see if the annoying sound still occurs.

BTW, if they haven't already got one, the Wizards really need at least 1 unit which can see Invisible units — even if it's just the Magical Worker (like in CCM).

Wizards will receive a vision unit in the future.

My question is, does the annoying sound come in from the beginning of the game?
Yes, it does, from the first turn onwards. That's why I thought it was one of the "Ambience sfx" sound-files.

Even though I dismissed the idea above, I did also take a listen to the Croaker (and also Harpy and Eagle) unit sound-files yesterday, via Windows MediaPlayer. The screech does sound a bit like the '(Giant)CroakerDeath.wav' (IIRC), but is longer, louder and more teeth-grindingly cringe-inducing in-game, than the audio in that sound-file.
If you try a new game start for a few rounds, please see if the annoying sound still occurs.
To do that properly, I will need to reinstall your mod's current/newest "Ambience sfx" sound-files, so I will need to check whether these are only in the v.1.11 installation, or if they were (further) updated by one of the later patches (v.1.14 or v.1.15).

Unless you can tell me offhand where they are...?
Wizards will receive a vision unit in the future.
While I'm asking, it would also be nice if the Wizards could build Orb Mages (2(1).1.2, 20s, IIRC?) from Turn 1 as well! ;)

Because at the moment they get 1 free Orb Mage at the start, but can't build any new ones: the earliest buildable unit in that chain is the (more expensive) upgrade, the 3.2.2 Mage(?) for 30s — which also requires several techs to be researched, IIRC — leaving the Wizards pretty much defenceless during the early game, especially at higher difficulty-levels...

Last edited:
unartis... Just interjecting what I think you should look into for a sound that plays constantly.

Seems to be an entry error of some kind.

It may be that a Unit .ini file was accidentally adjusted where a sound was placed for the Default Flc. That would then play constantly in game.
Do you hear the constant sound playing as any Civ or just one?

;) tjs282, Vuldacon
I will reply soon, in the meantime here are some fixes:

New _Earth_Fantasy_Mod_Beta1.17_pach.zip available.
patch information:
improved popHeads.pcx(important, not yet completed)

United Pikeman-I eliminated hidden nationality
Oriental Mage-was given a new ability: detect invisible
Wizard Army-was given a new ability: detect invisible
White Wizard-was given a new ability: detect invisible

Yes, it does, from the first turn onwards. That's why I thought it was one of the "Ambience sfx" sound-files.

Even though I dismissed the idea above, I did also take a listen to the Croaker (and also Harpy and Eagle) unit sound-files yesterday, via Windows MediaPlayer. The screech does sound a bit like the '(Giant)CroakerDeath.wav' (IIRC), but is longer, louder and more teeth-grindingly cringe-inducing in-game, than the audio in that sound-file.

Maybe when I imported the zip file into the previous version, it didn't overwrite the previous version(EFM_Beta_1.11.zip), and then I completely recompressed the file, which already works well for me without sound errors. The former disturbing voice no longer occurs to me, I played with the mode a bit before yesterday.

Last edited:
To do that properly, I will need to reinstall your mod's current/newest "Ambience sfx" sound-files, so I will need to check whether these are only in the v.1.11 installation, or if they were (further) updated by one of the later patches (v.1.14 or v.1.15).

Unless you can tell me offhand where they are...?

The latest patch always contains the previous pach components.
Now the latest: Earth_Fantasy_Mod_Beta1.17_pach.zip(EFM_Beta_1.17.zip)

While I'm asking, it would also be nice if the Wizards could build Orb Mages (2(1).1.2, 20s, IIRC?) from Turn 1 as well! ;)

Because at the moment they get 1 free Orb Mage at the start, but can't build any new ones: the earliest buildable unit in that chain is the (more expensive) upgrade, the 3.2.2 Mage(?) for 30s — which also requires several techs to be researched, IIRC — leaving the Wizards pretty much defenceless during the early game, especially at higher difficulty-levels...

The most recent patch includes the elimination of the early 'hidden nationality' unit of pirates.(United Pikeman).
Oriental Mage, Wizard army and White Wizard now they see the invisible units.

I corrected the misleading citizen faces.

Last edited:
unartis... Just interjecting what I think you should look into for a sound that plays constantly.

Seems to be an entry error of some kind.

It may be that a Unit .ini file was accidentally adjusted where a sound was placed for the Default Flc. That would then play constantly in game.
Do you hear the constant sound playing as any Civ or just one?

Vuldacon,
I don't have a disturbing sound, now everything is working fine.
Previously, I also experienced the annoying sound error in the mod. i turned off all audio files and then put them back one by one. I have a suspicious file because I don't usually hear it in the game, i never hear the horse whinny/sound(Hawk.wav) in mod, since it was not confusing, I did not deal with it:
..Conquests/Earth fantasy/Sounds/Ambience Sfx/Hawk.wav(horse whinny or sound), if you read tjs282 I hope you look it up.

I installed the 1.17 patch yesterday, over-writing all previous files, and first of all: congratulations, the screech is finally gone! :thumbsup:

I'm now hearing an occasional croaking sound, which I don't remember hearing before, so I guess that was the problematic (Ambience sfx?) file.

It's not all roses though. Just got this CTD:

EFM missing file bug3.png

...because the actual folder and file appear to be called ...\Scenarios\Earth fantasy\Art\Units\Wood Elf Rider\Wood Elf Rider.ini

For now, I renamed both folder and file in my installation, to match what the game was looking for, and that fixed the crash.

Then a couple of turns later, this happened:

EFM OrcShaman bug4.png

...which was simply a typo in the .ini file (and as with the Dark Elf Witch.ini, I've attached the edited file below, as a .txt file).

Attachments

• OrcShaman.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Not sure if this is a bug, but I just learned Irrigation (and I have a "Fresh Water" resource hooked, not sure if that's needed?) but my Workers can't irrigate Plains tiles. The 'Pedia says I ought to be able to, i.e. when I look up the Plains terrain, the Irrigation row shows +1 food (although I don't remember offhand if these terrain-improvement values are written plaintext in the Pedia, or derived directly from the .biq, similar to e.g. unit-statistics).

This is problematic in my current game (which, admittedly, was started on your original .biq version), because a lot of my ''US midwest" towns have capped off at around Pop4: I was counting on (eventually) being able to irrigate the extensive Plains, to allow them to grow further. Also, if that inability to irrigate (Plains) was intended, then the Wizards' top-tier units are waaaay too shield-expensive.

Given the limitations on growth imposed by the lack of irrigation, and also that the Wizards can't boost their tile shield-outputs by mining, only by planting Forests -- in the second era -- (or building the very shield-heavy Witches Kitchen, which only boosts base-shield output by a meagre 25%) making Ettin 120 shields each, and Seraphim and Elohim 150 shields, seems excessive. Especially since the Wizards' only available government (so far in my game), Magocracy, does not allow them to rush any builds either: no Forest chopping, no whipping, no cash-rushing!

EDITED because now my Workers can irrigate Plains. Weird.

Last edited:
And another 'pediaicons bug...

EFM pedia bug2 cannoncog.png

which I think might be because the relevant line appears to be listed like this:
Code:
#ANIMNAME_PRTO_PRTO_CannonCog
Cog Cannon
And that wasn't the only one: there were several Pediaicons lines containing this 'PRTO_PRTO_' duplication, mostly/ all connected with the CannonCog and CannonPirateCog.

So I did a Find/Change op through the whole file, to fix this.

Why can the diplomatic screen be dark?

This problem meanwhile is solved.

I had an idea that the natural creature (barbarian) eggs(Eagle, Harpy, or Phoenix) in the nests could have been taken home by the players. The player would have received money for it as for the treasure or could have converted it into an adult bird(Eagle, Harpy or Phoenix bird) later.

There are two different ways to convert these eggs into money. For both some additional settings must be made in the player properties. El Justo found the methode to use the reverse capture the flag settings to convert those flag-units into gold (the amount can be set in those player properties, too) by transporting them to victory points. The other methode is used in my CCM mods by using the capture the princess settings and bringing the flag units into the capital of the civ. In both cases the victory point scoring must be enabled. For details please have a look into the AOI biq (El justo) or the CCM biq (my methode).

The capture the princess methode is better suited for games on random maps, while the El Justo methode is better suited for fixed maps. Therefore for your scenario playing on a fixed map, I have attached a biq prepared for the El Justo methode. I also attache a biq with these settings in Debug mod, so you can test it at once. It is working, but you should change the labels text for capturing the princess. If the flag-unit is brought to the victory point (or by setting the other methode to the capital) the flag unit is disappearing, so no alternative upgrade is possible any longer. I have set those eggs to 50 gold (what can be changed easily in the player properties). The flag-unit can be set to be mobile (as I did it in the CCM mod) and than it could alternatively been brought to a city with barracks in it, but no victory point located at that city, and than it could be upgraded, if this is set correctly - but I fear the AI cannot handle this properly.

The victory point graphics should be set to better fantasy suited graphics like magic towers or something like that. SWalker made some very nice conversions of AOW I and II building and city graphics for C3C: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/age-of-wonders-buildings.181602/

These are the buildings Lg and SM graphics of the AOW I Wizard tower:

Attachments

• Egg.jpg
    Egg.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 339
  • Earth fantasy Beta 1.17.zip
    89.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Earth fantasy Beta 1.17-Debug.zip
    89.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Wizard Tower.jpg
    Wizard Tower.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
EDITED because now my Workers can irrigate Plains. Weird.
I've just realised what you did!

The Plains tiles that I couldn't irrigate didn't have roads on them yet, but once they were roaded I could irrigate them! So the Irrigation Worker-job does 'Require Freshwater [resource]', right? (Still haven't looked in the .biq...)

That's a very clever way to force the AI to irrigate only the tiles that they've roaded/put Labourers on :goodjob:

Hi tjs282,

..because the actual folder and file appear to be called ...\Scenarios\Earth fantasy\Art\Units\Wood Elf Rider\Wood Elf Rider.ini

I fixed this bug in PediaIcons.txt (I also put the ini file in the patch).

.which was simply a typo in the .ini file (and as with the Dark Elf Witch.ini, I've attached the edited file below, as a .txt file).

Thank You, I overwrote it with the file you edited. ;)

I will upload the latest patch soon: _Earth_Fantasy_Mod_Beta1.18_pach.zip

Given the limitations on growth imposed by the lack of irrigation, and also that the Wizards can't boost their tile shield-outputs by mining, only by planting Forests -- in the second era -- (or building the very shield-heavy Witches Kitchen, which only boosts base-shield output by a meagre 25%) making Ettin 120 shields each, and Seraphim and Elohim 150 shields, seems excessive. Especially since the Wizards' only available government (so far in my game), Magocracy, does not allow them to rush any builds either: no Forest chopping, no whipping, no cash-rushing!

Already at the beginning of the game, more governments are available for all species, this is possible because I did not want all races to reach all governments.
The governments are highly species-specific. for example, dwarves can only build dwarf rudders. the other races cannot get to know, only their own types of government.
I don't know if the AI uses it, but if you start a revolution at the beginning of the game, the wizards can change government.

Top Bottom