[C3C] Earth Fantasy Mod(EFM)

Hi,
Thanks for reporting bugs, I fixed it.

Unfortunately there was an error loading the SAV file(I do not understand why?), but I still fixed the errors described:
I couldn't see it, but I know the cause of the error. :sad:
hiba_import.jpg

Unfortunately, the screech is still happening :cringe: Which is weird, because all the soundfiles in the .../Art/Sounds/Ambient/ folder seem to play just fine (using WinMP). It's also a real shame, because this time I turned on the music* and the tracks you've added are gorgeous :love:. So getting them screeched over is especially jarring.

All audio files in the audio directory(.../Art/Sounds/ Ambience Sfx/) should be deleted and then post the latest patch.
The annoying voice disappeared from me. It is possible that you did not overwrite the old voice by paching?:confused:

I see from the .../Art/Sounds/ folder that you also appear to have added your own diplo-music(?), but what plays in game still seems to be the epic-game defaults -- at least for the civs I've had dealings with so far (same ones as in the previous game, not surprisingly).

I all music has been replaced (I except for diplomacy, it has yet to be edited), based on the atmosphere of the game mod.
Is it possible to play music from the Misc Library? In any case, I will include this as well.

Also found a few bugs. IIRC, I was flicking through the "Governments" section of the 'Pedia when I got this one (although I do seem to have properly updated my pediaicons file):

I fixed this bug.

And this one just crashed the game as well:
Me it didn't like use more naval cannons before they got to know the saltpetre(corsair ships, Pirate-shipB, etc)
The reason for the bug was that I took it in two and it stayed, is a link left in the ini file that should have been deleted
I fixed this bug.

I will upload the new fixes soon.

The influence of governments in the new repair will be slightly modified. Meanwhile I am expanding the civilopedia description.

new fixed patch, meanwhile well fatted (due to added music for overwriting):
_Earth_Fantasy_Mod_Beta1.10_pach.zip,

Last edited:
It's also a real shame, because this time I turned on the music* and the tracks you've added are gorgeous :love:

I wanted to elevate the mood of the game mode with the added music. I selected all music according to the character of the species. The music is from youtube.

Spoiler List of Music :

american=elf .
MidNAFull.mp3
Fantasy Elven Music - The Voice of the Forest.mp3

european=orc .
MidECFull.mp3
Drums of Drakkar vikings and medieval music.mp3

mediterran=dwarf .
MidGRFull.mp3
Dwarves of the Golden Hall.mp3

midlleeastern=human.
MidMEFull.mp3
Epic Fantasy Music - Angel of War.mp3

asian=undead .
MidORFull.mp3
Battle Brothers OST - Undead Battle Track II.mp3

european=orc .
IndECFull.mp3
Against Demons - Epic Fight (Soundtrack).mp3

mediterran=dwarf .
IndGRFull.mp3
Epic Dwarf Music - Dwarven Mines.mp3

midlleeastern=human.
IndMEFull.mp3
Tartalo Music - The Dark Age (Epic Dramatic Celtic Adventure).mp3

asian=undead .
IndORFull.mp3
Dark Fantasy Music - Midnight's Tale.mp3

--------------------
SmashFull.mp3
Fantasy Music - Lumina.mp3
--------------------
StarsFull.mp3
Emotional Dark Music - The Eternal Forest.mp3
--------------------
Techno MixFull.mp3
Fantasy Medieval Music - Song of the North.mp3

Dark Elf Music - Dark Elves.mp3
--------------------
MiddleEastern.mp3

--------------------
MistressWinter.mp3

--------------------
ModernFull.mp3
Where Legends Rest.mp3
--------------------
NightengaleFull.mp3

--------------------

american=elf .
DipNAEarlyPeace.mp3
Elven Flute (Medieval Music).mp3
DipNAEarlyWar.mp3
Dark Elf Music - Dark Elves.mp3
DipNALatePeace.mp3
Dark Fantasy Music - The Cursed Lands.mp3
DipNALateWar.mp3
Elven Battle Music - Elf Archers.mp3

european=orc .
DipECEarlyPeace.mp3

DipECEarlyWar.mp3
Slavic Pagan War Drums _ Svetovid.mp3
DipEuLatePeace.mp3

DipEuLateWar.mp3
Against Demons - Epic Fight (Soundtrack).mp3
mediterran=dwarf .
DipGREarlyPeace.mp3
DipGREarlyWar.mp3
Epic Dwarf Music - Dwarven Mines.mp3

midlleeastern=human.
DipMEEarlyPeace.mp3
Faolan - Auld Tavern Song [Medieval Tavern Music].mp3
DipMEEarlyWar.mp3
Medieval Drum Dance.mp3
DipMELatePeace.mp3
Faolan - Gaia's Chant [Medieval Celtic Harp Music].mp3
DipMELateWar.mp3

asian=undead .
DipASEarlyPeace.mp3
Dark Music - Accursed Existence.mp3
DipASEarlyWar.mp3
Dark Music - Necromancy.mp3
DipASLatePeace-2.mp3
Dark Music - Accursed Existence.mp3
DipASLateWar.mp3
Dark Music - Necromancy.mp3

Last edited:
In game mode, I wanted to use species-specific units and buildings. Each species has a strength. My goal would be to be a balanced game despite the differences

I deliberately made barbaric(natural creature) units strong, the AI started the game nicely despite the difficult start, in the few games I played.
I would like to make the units of species living from smaller units cheap, while the very strong units are expensive.
For example, the undead can build many skeletal units because they are very cheap to produce, in contrast, higher-powered dragons are much more expensive.

Unfortunately I make it slowly with mode fixes or additions because there is a job and family as well. :blush:, but I try. :)

I am asking everyone that if you find any bug in the mod please let me know.

it would make it easier to test beta mode if you reported bugs if you found it.

Last edited:
I will fix these bugs soon ...
-exchanging animations in the game.(Bombs, Sam, Sdi)
.../Civilization III Complete Edition/Art/Animations
-change the wallpaper at the turn of the era.(Indust, modern)
.../Civilization III Complete Edition/Art/EraSplash

Last edited:
About the game mod(some thoughts):
I imported the all units from civfan years ago, so unfortunately many times the names of the makers are unknown:(
it would be good to know whose works are the animated units.
Most of the buildings were made by me. I imported other works some buildings from the civ fanatic.
I made some of the new citizens, the other part was imported from other mods to the mod.

:thumbsup:Thank you to the work of those who created the imported things for the mod.:thumbsup:

:cool:If anyone knows who made those things please let me know.(units, citizens, ect), because I want to signal the creators in this mod.

I will fix these bugs soon ...
-exchanging animations in the game.(Bombs, Sam, Sdi)
.../Civilization III Complete Edition/Art/Animations
-change the wallpaper at the turn of the era.(Indust, modern)
.../Civilization III Complete Edition/Art/EraSplash

New _Earth_Fantasy_Mod_Beta1.12_pach.zip available.
Added files:
New EraSplash( all files):
ancient.pcx
Medival.pcx
Indust.pcx
modern.pcx
Added Civilization new background for this mod(Civ3 conquests and complete):
civ3complete_TITLE_bkgrnd.pcx(for civ3 complete file)
x_title.pcx(for Civ3 conquests file)
Added New Animations files:
Bombs
Sam
Sdi

Last edited:
New _Earth_Fantasy_Mod_Beta1.13_pach.zip available.
patch information:
All diplomacy music has been exchange:
DipECEarlyPeace.mp3(Danheim - Berserkir.mp3)
DipEuLatePeace.mp3(Germanic War Drums _ Barbarian Battle Music.mp3)
DipMELateWar.mp3(Epic Celtic Battle Music - Battle For Camelot (Tartalo Music).mp3)

Last edited:
Unfortunately there was an error loading the SAV file(I do not understand why?), but I still fixed the errors described:
I couldn't see it, but I know the cause of the error. :sad:

I am using civilization 3 complete :shifty:, it is possible that I could not open the saved file because of this, then i install the conquests and then try it.

Hi there,

This looks like a great mod! However i have a issue with mod. On the first turn the moment i settle a city it immediately crashes the game. I can move my units for several turns and no problems. But the second i settle my first city, it crashes. I get this on other mods aswell so maybe its a general problem? Do you know of any solution?

New _Earth_Fantasy_Mod_Beta1.14_pach.zip available.
patch information:
I fixed Sound bug(Orc diplomacy music)
I replaced the Danheim - Berserkir.mp3 with Epic Drum music _ Tribal War Council - Doug Maxwell.mp3
New file:
DipECEarlyPeace.mp3
civilopedia.txt added(Civilopedia20200604.zip)

Last edited:
This looks like a great mod! However i have a issue with mod. On the first turn the moment i settle a city it immediately crashes the game. I can move my units for several turns and no problems. But the second i settle my first city, it crashes. I get this on other mods aswell so maybe its a general problem? Do you know of any solution?
Are you running CivIII via Steam?

If so, you might need to adjust the EFM labels.txt file accordingly. This file is in the folder .../[Civ3]/Conquests/Scenarios/[EFM]/Text/.

Open the labels.txt file in any text-editor, and scroll down until you find the lines 'PING' and 'Host'. If there is not a line 'Unknown' in between them, then you (might) need to insert it.

If that allows you to play EFM without a crash when you found your first town, then you might want to try following the same procedure with any other mods which are crashing on you: look in their .../[Civ3]/Conquests/Scenarios/[ModName]/Text/ folders and adjust those labels.txt files in the same way.

Some modders are kind enough to also include a 'labels STEAM.txt' file in their mod's ../Text/ folder, where they have already made the needed change. If so, then all you need to do is to rename the mod's 'labels.txt' to e.g. 'labels OLD.txt' (or simply delete that file) and then rename the 'labels STEAM.txt' to 'labels.txt'.

(I can't remember offhand if @unartis did this in EFM, sorry!)

Last edited:
New _Earth_Fantasy_Mod_Beta1.15_pach.zip available.
patch information:

The dark elves may not know mithril, so in two unit development requirements I switched to fire mana(Jenova, Sharpshooter)
I started rewriting the script.txt, it was left behind earlier.
civilopedia added file.
Earth fantasy Beta 1.15.biq

Last edited:
Found another minor bug: the DarkElfWitch.ini has a mistyped entry.

EFM missing file bug2.png

I fixed the typo in my installation (all the .flc and .wav files for this unit are named correctly/consistently), and I've attached the edited file below, for anyone who needs it (as an ordinary .txt file, because .ini is not one of the permitted file-extensions for uploading files to CFC). To use the edited file, it should be downloaded (e.g. to desktop), renamed as 'DarkElfWitch.ini' and then copied/moved to the folder

...\Conquests\Scenarios\Earth fantasy\Art\Units\DarkElfWitch\

overwriting the existing .ini file for this unit.

In other news...

Today I DL'd the v.1.11 .zip, copied the contents into ../Conquests/Scenartios/Earth Fantasy, then patched with the v.1.14 and then the v1.15 patches. At each stage, I was overwriting all 'old' files with the 'new' ones.

This didn't fix the nasty screech in my game-in-progress, so I then copied all the files from my ../CivIII/Sounds/Ambience sfx/ folder over to the ../Earth fantasy/Sounds/Ambience sfx/ folder -- again, overwriting everything, and deleting the one .wav file that didn't get overwritten.

(I realised later that this was kinda dumb/pointless: I could have just renamed the mod-folder and so forced the mod to use the epic-game files in their original location instead -- but I still have the mod zip-files saved elsewhere).

But even that drastic measure still didn't fix the screech (which it should have done). So I'm a little stumped here :confused: What am I doing wrong? :dunno:

EDIT:

Ooh, just thought of something else: I noticed that, compared to the epic-game and conquests (which I still play, using @Puppeteer's mood-badges), the human 'unhappy citizens' ("sad-faces") appear to have had their graphics exchanged with those for the 'resisting citizens' ("angry faces").

While this is not a problem with the mod per se, having the faces now in the 'wrong' places on the city- and domestic advisor screens compared to where I 'expect' to see them, is a little disorientating. Was this a deliberate change?

Attachments

• DarkElfWitch.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I fixed the typo in my installation (all the .flc and .wav files for this unit are named correctly/consistently), and I've attached the edited file below, for anyone who needs it (as an ordinary .txt file, because .ini is not one of the permitted file-extensions for uploading files to CFC). To use the edited file, it should be downloaded (e.g. to desktop), renamed as 'DarkElfWitch.ini' and then copied/moved to the folder

...\Conquests\Scenarios\Earth fantasy\Art\Units\DarkElfWitch\

overwriting the existing .ini file for this unit.

Thank You,
I saved it and put it in another repair patch. :)
In other news...

Today I DL'd the v.1.11 .zip, copied the contents into ../Conquests/Scenartios/Earth Fantasy, then patched with the v.1.14 and then the v1.15 patches. At each stage, I was overwriting all 'old' files with the 'new' ones.

This didn't fix the nasty screech in my game-in-progress, so I then copied all the files from my ../CivIII/Sounds/Ambience sfx/ folder over to the ../Earth fantasy/Sounds/Ambience sfx/ folder -- again, overwriting everything, and deleting the one .wav file that didn't get overwritten.

(I realised later that this was kinda dumb/pointless: I could have just renamed the mod-folder and so forced the mod to use the epic-game files in their original location instead -- but I still have the mod zip-files saved elsewhere).

But even that drastic measure still didn't fix the screech (which it should have done). So I'm a little stumped here :confused: What am I doing wrong? :dunno:

I don't understand which audio file is still causing the problem. :confused:
Is it conceivable that it is caused by the toad’s(.../Units/Croaker/CroakerFortify.wav and ...Units/Giant Croaker/GiantCroakerFortify.wav) voice,because it's pretty deafening?

Ooh, just thought of something else: I noticed that, compared to the epic-game and conquests (which I still play, using @Puppeteer's mood-badges), the human 'unhappy citizens' ("sad-faces") appear to have had their graphics exchanged with those for the 'resisting citizens' ("angry faces").

While this is not a problem with the mod per se, having the faces now in the 'wrong' places on the city- and domestic advisor screens compared to where I 'expect' to see them, is a little disorientating. Was this a deliberate change?

This is a random bug due to the added citizens, the citizens image has slipped.
I wrote about this in post #54#, (it appeared only in the undead).
It will take longer to fix this because i have to write it in the biq file as well and the popHeads.pcx file must also be edited.

Last edited:
Top Bottom