!EGMII 1.04 beta patch is available!

The values of the terrain tiles have been changed (food, shield, commerce)
The resources were graphical bug displayed in the civilopedia, I fix this.
There was also a faulty file in PediaIcons.txt, I fixed it as well.

Last edited:
:lol:Happy New Year!:)

I am testing Earth globalism II - 2020 Beta1.04.biq map.
I ran into an interesting thing while starting a test game with a civilization that started with not very good positions.
Iran does not start the game in the best position, because most of its territory is mountainous and hilly terrain, its major cities were reduced until about the third round, EGMII Beta1 Despite the .04 food reform. However, after the elimination of pollution, the decrease in the population stopped, the production of shields became outstanding, Tehran was able to build small wonders in one per turn, such as the Particle Accelerator, the International Space Station, and bigger miracles such as the Prada Aoyama. Either I need to lower the shield production of the mines or raise the cost of wonders higher.

On the victory point screen, Iran has overtaken the United States, which is surprising, considering that the United States is much larger than Iran, the USA starts with a technical advantage.
I also have to look at the USA to see how the EGMII beta 1.04 patch works there.

In the meantime, however, it is important that the small countries remain in a good position and do not become the target of an attack. I still need to balance the civilizations. Fortunately, the smaller civilizations were not attacked by the larger ones even in 2 years.

:scan:If you see someone else, please let me know.

Attachments

• EGMIIbeta1.04_Iranian01.jpg
    EGMIIbeta1.04_Iranian01.jpg
    941.2 KB · Views: 58
  • EGMIIbeta1.04_Iranian02.jpg
    EGMIIbeta1.04_Iranian02.jpg
    1,000.1 KB · Views: 49
  • EGMIIbeta1.04_Iranian_histogaph.jpg
    EGMIIbeta1.04_Iranian_histogaph.jpg
    703.9 KB · Views: 50
Either I need to lower the shield production of the mines or raise the cost of wonders higher.”

I think the answer to that dilemma is an obvious one.

I'm done with the latest patch.
Here is an xls file for your review

Attachments

• EGMII_unit-ballance.xls
    348 KB · Views: 15
!EGMII 1.05 beta patch is available!

Kweneng' Ruins should have been a previously built wonder, but I forgot to add it to South Africa, I fixed that mistake.

Placement of more rubber strategic resources:
I also place strategic resources: rubber on the natural rubber growing regions based on the world map.

I changed the costs of units and miracles, more units became more expensive, due to the production of larger shields on the map, I had to change them.
Several units received strategic resource requirements that were not previously costed, I changed the strategic requirements of other units.

I also modified the civilopedia, the new changes were included.

In the Civilization III editor, there were some setting errors for the units, I fixed this as well

Last edited:
I made a strategic resource demand change in EGMII beta1.05 that assumes the real raw material demand.
For example, the Modern armors used to require aluminum, oil and rubber, but in reality the tracked units will no longer need rubber, only iron instead of rubber, so iron will be needed in addition to aluminum and oil, but for wheeled mechanized infantry, aluminum and rubber will be needed next to oil.

Another change is that iron will also be needed for the artillery, transport, destroyers and other water units will also need iron in addition to oil.

Hi All,

I brought some innovations:

!EGMII 1.06 beta patch is available!

I found a small error in PediaIcons.txt, fixed it. I found a typo in the description of the textile factory in the civilopedia.txt file, and corrected it as well.
I took the Flak out of the available units because it is a WW2 unit.
The American army withdrew from Afghanistan in 2021, handing over power to the Taliban, who changed many things.
Instead of the Islamic Republic, they proclaimed Emirate, the flag of their country also changed, I included these changes in the latest patch.
Changes affecting Afghanistan affected two maps:
Earth globalism II - 2020 Beta1.06.biq and Earth globalism II - 2022_RUS-UA-war Beta1.06.biq maps will appear as an innovation.

Attachments

• Taliban-flag.jpg
    Taliban-flag.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I have a question: Could this be some kind of bug?
In this city you can see all the available raw materials that are also available in Great Britain beyond the sea, there is no port and no airport in the city. maybe the seafaring ability allows you to see raw strategic resources in Geortown?

Attachments

• EGMII-beta-1.07-UK-Georgetown.jpg
    EGMII-beta-1.07-UK-Georgetown.jpg
    844.2 KB · Views: 44
!EGMII 1.07 beta patch is available!

In Canada and Australia, the soldier face was not available inside the cities, I fixed this.
The EGMII beta 1.06 patch caused a small grafical glitch in the civilization advances menu, I fixed this as well.
I also found something to improve on the maps.

Last edited:
I have a question: Could this be some kind of bug?
In this city you can see all the available raw materials that are also available in Great Britain beyond the sea, there is no port and no airport in the city. maybe the seafaring ability allows you to see raw strategic resources in Geortown?
you are at peace with your neighbour ? That's how you are using its harbours and airports .

you are at peace with your neighbour ? That's how you are using its harbours and airports .

The United Kingdom is on the British Isles, there is peace, but the city of Georgtown is separated from the capital London by the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea
There is this one British jurisdiction on the South American continent, so I don't know how you see the strategic and luxury resources of the British Isles.
Of course, the opposite is also true, that the strategic resource of rubber can also be seen in the cities of the British Isles.
I looked at the map I played on in the civilization III editor, sea trade requires the port, air trade requires the airport, there is no miracle on the entire map that would solve this. That's why I thought there might be a connection with the seafaring or commercial civilization property.

Attachments

• EGMII-beta-1.07-UK.jpg
    EGMII-beta-1.07-UK.jpg
    891.5 KB · Views: 39
  • EGMIIbeta1.27_UK-civilization.jpg
    EGMIIbeta1.27_UK-civilization.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 35
All it needs to do is to have a connection to a friendly airport in the Americas to get a connection to London. If no airports, then a port to then get to Eurasia, where at least France has an airport with a connection to London. Trade can and will flow through friendly connections, not just your own.

All it needs to do is to have a connection to a friendly airport in the Americas to get a connection to London. If no airports, then a port to then get to Eurasia, where at least France has an airport with a connection to London. Trade can and will flow through friendly connections, not just your own.

I didn't even think about that, thanks for the answer.

;)Another patch package that hopefully makes this game mod a little more enjoyable in its details.

!EGMII 1.08 beta patch is available!

I have made black soldiers available within cities for several countries with black populations. So on the US city screen and for some Brazil city.
In addition to the city screen, I also made the (African) pedestrians available between units in these countries.

Last edited:
EGMII 1.09 beta patch is available!
Fine-tuning the faces of the city officials in the popHeads.pcx file, unfortunately the angry and sad faces were still swapped, this has been fixed
The Protestant church was wrongly set on the maps, I fixed it.

Last edited:
Here is another add-on and fix pack for EGMII.

EGMII 1.10 beta patch is available!
I found the aluminum strategic resource to be scarce on the map, it was hardly found. the civilizations didn't even trade with it at the beginning of the game,
so I placed additional aluminum resources where there is bauxite on Earth.
Graphical and name changes of Ministries of Defense, the former Russian Kremlin Senate became the Russian Ministry of Defense, the Chinese Forbidden Palace
became the Ministry of National Defense of the People's Republic of China, the British also got a Ministry of Defense.

The pictures also show the three Ministries of Defense:

Attachments

• MOD_Russia_LG.jpg
    MOD_Russia_LG.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 23
  • MOND_PR-of-China_LG.jpg
    MOND_PR-of-China_LG.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 22
  • MOD_UK_LG.jpg
    MOD_UK_LG.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
How well are you seeing the 6 "Build Often" Flags to be working? I ran (and put in a long thread, for discussion, about 1,000 years ago) a series of tests which suggested that the game couldn't handle more than about 3 of these Often/Never Flags: the game engine would be overwhelmed and, essentially, ignore them all.

How well are you seeing the 6 "Build Often" Flags to be working? I ran (and put in a long thread, for discussion, about 1,000 years ago) a series of tests which suggested that the game couldn't handle more than about 3 of these Often/Never Flags: the game engine would be overwhelmed and, essentially, ignore them all.
This is a new idea, that some major nations could build a The Pentagon alternative as a small wonder in parallel. Most nations also have a national defense agency. Do you think it will malfunction? I haven't tested it in this direction yet, but I have to try it.

What is the maximum number building that can be placed in a map?

What is the maximum number building that can be placed in a map?
There is a limit of 256 building slots in Civ 3. Combined with the limit of 512 cities in theory one should be able to place up to 256 x 512 = 131,072 buildings on a Civ 3 map, but I have never done this. :run:

I am quite busy because I am constantly downloading the modern units of the nations for EGM II, but there are 148 sheets of modern units that I need to go through and select the units that best fit the mod. Wwhich I really enjoy because I find so many excellent units. :crazyeye:

By the way, what is the maximum number of units recognized by the game editor?

Top Bottom