Earth Scenario PBEM - controlling multiple civs

Kokturk

Warlord
I have been lurking through the active PBEM threads recently and really liked the fun that players are having inTriumvirate Uprising game. What made it especially attractive in my eyes is diplomatic opportunities arising from the fact that each human player controls 3 civs.
I think this concept, if applied to Earth 1000 AD or similar scenario, might make an equally interesting game.
Nighthawk was kind enough to explain how one sets up this kind of games and it is doable.

So if there is any interest, please sign up and lets discuss the details. We need 6 players for this.

Hello guys! :salute:

I was actually going to open a thread about this same idea applied to my beloved Earth 2010 scenario, but I think I will open the new thread for the actual game, and will participate here in discussing ideas specifically for 2010 scenario (click on my signature for details).

I know -- not all the people like modern scenarios. But let me tell you this -- all the preferences aside modern scenarios have two important advantages for players. 1) You can do highest variety of things only in the late game and 2) Modern times are being played less on average -- simply because you often give up or already win by then.
So I encourage this next multiple civ game be about our modern Earth. Especially after the last update to Earth 2010 scenario with fixed borders and cyber warfare!

So here are 3 ideas I have about the future game.

1. Play the World

There are 36 civs in Earth2010 -- how about we start grand Domination game with ALL the civs controlled by human intellect -- just like it is in real life :lol: Seven players controlling 5 civs each (Muslims 6):

American Block: USA, Israel, Taiwan, S. Korea, Iraq
Chinese Block: China, N. Korea, Thailand, Zaire, Kenya
Russian Block: Russia, Kazakhstan, Venezuela, Iran, Turkey
United Nation Block: India, Others, Australia, S. Africa, Japan
NATO Block: EU, Germany, UK, France, Canada
Latino Block: Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Columbia, Mexico
Muslim Block: Arabia, Pakistan, Egypt, Libya, Indonesia, Nigeria

Last two blocks get free SDI but others have to research it, universal peace for 30 turns, UN Block starts as Secretary General, Muslim block starts with realistic number of Terrorist units (need research). Last two blocks cannot be attacked by other 5 unless they start war with any other block. NO gifting cities, only liberating. Permanent alliance for your own block countries at start, no permanent alliances in game. Domination victory by one human only. No other restrictions on anything.

2. Bad to Badass :D
Basically you start as one of the "Bad" World leaders: Gaddafi, Chavez, Ahmadinejad or Kim Jong-il (4 players) . The goal is to win over USA by owning the most US cities, winning the race by the instant when US is destroyed. Humans cannot declare on each other, but everything else is allowed.

3. Underdogs

We played with Big guys, we played Minor League -- how about using human intellect to advance 5 bottom countries? Humans start as vassals of one of the world's AI superpowers while ruling over the bottom five countries. The goal is to have the highest score after 100 turns.

earth 1000 AD!
or if we go we tigranes´ idea, option 1!

well, I guess we are not confined to selecting only one game. Among Earth 2010 options I like number one. But I would rather play option 3 if I am allowed to play as Kazakhstan.

On Earth 1000AD. I think the most difficult part is to allocate civs to each player without overpowering anyone.
probably each player should select:
One civ from Europe: France, Spain, England, HRE, Vikings.
One civ from Far East: China, Mongol, Japan, Korea, Khmer
One civ from remaining: Russia, India, Mali, Arabs, Byzantium
Then we only have place for 5 players. Inca and Aztecs are played by AI (or, maybe someone will accept the challenge of fending off colonization?)

While european civs seem to be about equal strength (are they?), other 2 pools are different.
I suggest following:
Whoever gets China 9 (strongest from pool 2) has to take Mali (weakest from pool 3)
Russia/India - Mongolia/Japan (Midweights from both pools)
Byzantium/Arabs-Korea/Khmer (strongest from pool 3 - weakest from 2)

3. Underdogs
We played with Big guys, we played Minor League -- how about using human intellect to advance 5 bottom countries? Humans start as vassals of one of the world's AI superpowers while ruling over the bottom five countries. The goal is to have the highest score after 100 turns.
If you go this way count me in! :D

Hail your master and grab your vassal, while they last :D I will pick left over...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 195
I feel like I will end up with Santos, which is fine :) Latin America forever! I can't believe there is no drug cartel unit in this game. Since we may never see wars being AI's puppets every civ will start with State Sponsored Terrorism tech, enabling Terrorist unit. They allow to hurt opponents without formal war... Very realistic actually...

Scores are a little misleading, even though getting them up is the only way to win, except human player elimination. True, Iraq is the last (well, by few points), but USA is second, and is the only current superpower in terms of spreading their troops around the globe. Unless you close borders -- they will keep those troops there for your protection. ;)

Well I'm not too familiar with the scenario at all, but it sounds fun, so I'll try it out. I'll go with Mwai Kibaki.

I suggest you to download scenario+update and make sure it works for you. Personally I am always investigating scenarios before I start spending time playing them. I am planning to start this as soon as we get Kabila or Santos.

Yes, I've started downloading it now, and I'll be starting a SP game of it tonight to check it out before this gets rolling.

3. Underdogs

Count me in

Columbia or Congo? :D

Working on setting things up. We will fire this soon! Don't expect lot's of wars, as AI will take the lead in all the important questions. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom