East Asia Mod testing

Warning about my domination victories report : It was max-aggressivity games where the sadistic player created alliance in the purpose of genocides. When Indus won in second era, only 9 civ survived and all civ but Indus were in war and devastated... it's certainly not representating.

Not a critick but a remark : Damn, your govs are frustating. Empire is a pain in the ass. This gov is excellent only when you have hospital (in the last era) and during the game, only best than despotism when you don't invade other countries. Unlike a lot of mod, the choice between the first discovered gov and the second is'nt obvious.

I agree. But I'm not sure what to give them, they already have a bunch of resources and cool units. I think their trait combo may just be weak.

I think starting locations is the problem. They're very closer neighbour and grey colonize all of interesting indian subcontinent territories but the copper mountain at the West (Mughals takes this). You could give an incitement for Green to create towns in the West first (thus, Blue could breath and create towns more easely and Indus could'nt colonize at their East).

If only Japan would get some earlier contatcs, they would be fine in the hands of the ai. Isolated civs always do much better in the hands of a player. Maybe they could start with a watch tower on the mainland or something.

In facts, Japan encounter Goryeo soon (Gories build in first a north town for copper, in second a coastal town in the south and this town give contact with Jap) but for a long time it's the only civ known by Japs, until other civs constuct boat and visit them.

Did you notice that the Plateau gives +2 trade when roaded?

Haaaaaa... OK ! I didn't see that.

urma is a bit too powerfull, I agree. But it's that damn agri trait! I might make the start location for Burma a bit worse, that might balance out thing a little.

I "loved" the burman volcano :lol: My first worker get a quick but certainly painfully death when he tried to build a road for jade. in addition giving a best start site for east khmer is perhaps necessary : Burma have the agri trait and their wonderful worker. In the race for territories, this unit give a very strong advantage.

I had a couple of successful games as the Timurids on random maps, so I know it is possible to dominate with the nomads.

In Asia map, nomads have poor but vast territories and they're neighbour (so, nomad civ kill nomad civ before indian or chinese civ finish the annihilation). A difficulty could be to restore nomad power in Asia map without penalize other civs in random maps.

If only Japan would get some earlier contatcs, they would be fine in the hands of the ai. Isolated civs always do much better in the hands of a player. Maybe they could start with a watch tower on the mainland or something.

Perhaps a scout unit in Korea?

Perhaps for Burma and Indus, you could remove their bonus grasslands around their starting locations? That should weaken them a bit...
Not a bad idea, I'll do that.

Warning about my domination victories report : It was max-aggressivity games where the sadistic player created alliance in the purpose of genocides. When Indus won in second era, only 9 civ survived and all civ but Indus were in war and devastated... it's certainly not representating.
I sort of suspected that, thanks for clarifying.

Not a critick but a remark : Damn, your govs are frustating. Empire is a pain in the ass. This gov is excellent only when you have hospital (in the last era) and during the game, only best than despotism when you don't invade other countries. Unlike a lot of mod, the choice between the first discovered gov and the second is'nt obvious.
Yes, the goverments pose a challenge. I think it makes for a more interesting game in the end.

I think starting locations is the problem. They're very closer neighbour and grey colonize all of interesting indian subcontinent territories but the copper mountain at the West (Mughals takes this). You could give an incitement for Green to create towns in the West first (thus, Blue could breath and create towns more easely and Indus could'nt colonize at their East).
I actually tried this, but making the west of the Mughals better, only makes Indus expand in that direction, which means Indus get's even stronger! It won't work.

In facts, Japan encounter Goryeo soon (Gories build in first a north town for copper, in second a coastal town in the south and this town give contact with Jap) but for a long time it's the only civ known by Japs, until other civs constuct boat and visit them.
Actually they don't, just because their borders are close doesn't mean they get contact. Japan can only establish contacts via boat.

In Asia map, nomads have poor but vast territories and they're neighbour (so, nomad civ kill nomad civ before indian or chinese civ finish the annihilation). A difficulty could be to restore nomad power in Asia map without penalize other civs in random maps.
I agree. Just have to figure out how.

Perhaps a scout unit in Korea?
Yeah something like that.

How is this?(The background is only there for the time being)

Ehm, you did change it, but no of the things I suggested. :confused:

I probably liked the first crown best, but the problem is really the texture, since it looks like yellow plastic.

It was actually Plotinus' Golden Warrior Crown he used for his Golden Units, so its not ment orginally for use as a LH prop but I thought it looked the part so I used it. I guess at that scale it does have a somewhat plastic-like look to it. I'll preview Helm number 3 and see what you think..

Your original preview was better. It didn't have that odd golden fur thing, and the crown looks even more plastic with the new color. Besides you didn't really do anything with the eyebrows or the pixelation. :confused:

Your original preview was better. It didn't have that odd golden fur thing, and the crown looks even more plastic with the new color. Besides you didn't really do anything with the eyebrows or the pixelation. :confused:

Are you sure the pixelation isn't due to the previews being .jpg?

Yes. Jpg blurs colours together. ;)

If you look where the neck meets the cloth, you'll clearly see it.

The gold should probably have a sort of brownish dark-tone and a more yellow-white hilight, with high specularity. Some jewels on the crown front too?

Necklaces. Lots of necklaces.

The two seperate parts to the shirt are good, but the gold on it should just be more cloth. Perhaps a red or purple?

I just ran up a quick sketch, actually.

I don't like the gold dress thing. The gold "feather" textures look too artificial. Just have him wear a regular robe and it'd look much better. ;)

I do like the form of the face, however. :goodjob:

You might need to do something about the eyebrows and skin textures since they look a bit plasticky. Take a look at the leaderheads made by others for some inspiration. :)

The face is much better now.

I agree with Ogedei that it might be better just to drop the hat.

Top Bottom