EltNES: THIS World is Yours

13 points:

10 points: add barbaric races:
The Stymphok
Descended from the great Moa birds in the region of U'Kuk, Stymphok are a cunning - yet narrowminded - species of great bird. While they are currently known to gather at great nest sites resembling towns, it is unknown how the Stymphok reached their current (sentient) mental state. What is known, however, is that they are extremely bloodthirsty, warlike and, wehther provoked or not, vicious. Those who disturb a nest site are lucky to escape with so much as their lives.

Despite all this, the Stymphok have a langauge - Stym - and a society and hierarchy of a sort. Tribal councils of the most senior Stymphok in a nest polis elect chieftains. These gather in a High Council every solstice and equinox. For the Stymphok are very well tuned in to the seasons, to the point that their (primitive) belief system is almost entirely based around it. However this has not yet developed into a full fledged religion.

3 points: towns:
Polis Awik
Polis Akka
anywhere on the H4 coast. Both are Stymphok nest poli.

okay, that makes no sense. thats exactly what I have been doing. the only reason I have yet to start up a second civilization in the area is the lack of points.

at least wait until a player has been doing it consistently over 3-4 turns. thus establishing a trend. yeash. lack of points after the first turn is pretty much the only reason I haven't spent them elsewhere.

Orders: 9 points
D-9: Spread the Krutarg into the foothills there, this should cause some interesting results with the Krutarg due to the presence of metal there.
Bank: 4 points

Gem Hound: It's okay if you miscount, I have not held that against anyone, nor do I have any reason to. You're right in that you have been focusing on one area, though. Do you think you're gonna spend elsewhere now? ;)

General Olaf: Symphok. Cool :0 avians. They are flightless, yes? Could you describe how they differ physically from the Moa? If not at all, that's okay; it'll make for some interesting espionage perhaps someday. Particularly sly Symphok pretending to be a Moa mount to gather information. That likely won't happen though; they are pretty narrowminded ;)

TerrisH: I seem to recall you only focusing on your area for 10+ turns. Quite the trend. I must be mistaken, though. Also, the thing is, I don't want you to start a second civilization 'in the area', I want players to spread their points around everywhere.

merciary: The Krutarg are a non-human people, yes? That'd cost 10 points to spread 'barbarian race' around. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

+1 point to anyone who doesn't work 'their area' this turn.

Ah, right well in that case Bank everything, looks like I have to hope for 11 points next turn so I can finish them up and move on to my next plan to ruin "civilized" peoples. :p

Orders: 10

1 point: Gift to merciary so that he can spread his Krutarg if he wants.

3 points: (2) Towns of the Mahako Tribes. Human, dark-skinned, dark-haired, and born with countless scars all over their body, as if the veterans of a thousand battles. An aggressive people, for whom semi-serious semi-tradition inter-tribe warfare is the normal way of life. Basic agriculture along the Maki river sustains this tradition and lets the people thrive.

Generally, a Tribe encompasses an entire village(town), which is made up of a dozen or more Clans. A spokescouncil is invoked during times of inter-tribe warfare to elect the leader of the army, each tribe has a Mohak meaning Chief or King. On rare occasions when a non-Mahako threat is perceived, peace is declared between the Tribes and the spokescouncil is spread to encompass all of the Tribes.

-D10: Moak, north side of the river across from the horse. The Moak Tribe.

D11: Malak, at the southern curve of the last bend of the river before it reaches the ocean.

6 points: Put dat money in a local co-op

Alright then never mind :p

Orders 10 points
D-9: Spread the Krutarg into the foothills there, again the metal there should make them extra fun. 10 points

Come on ten points next turn so I can make a new sub-species of Krutarg that I have planned up.

Why does Terrance get to name towns of a culture I created and placed?

Because you didn't?

Boundless: Because you did not.

Eh? What was this then?

20 points: Boundless

(please ignore the two town to the South East, I mis-calculated)​

9 Points on Establishing towns. Across the lands, various populaces begin to gather.

#On the North of the mainland (Jungle?) Lizardmen. Lizardmen HATE both the Lyalidk and the Humans. Both are either food or slaves for the Lizardmen, sometimes both. I say Lizardmen, but lets call them the Issiths 10 points adding barbarian race! War between their own family clans lead by a queen who layed them all. (Females are banished to start their own broods)

An example of typical queen attire:

Gem Hound: It's okay if you miscount, I have not held that against anyone, nor do I have any reason to. You're right in that you have been focusing on one area, though. Do you think you're gonna spend elsewhere now? ;)

General Olaf: Symphok. Cool :0 avians. They are flightless, yes? Could you describe how they differ physically from the Moa? If not at all, that's okay; it'll make for some interesting espionage perhaps someday. Particularly sly Symphok pretending to be a Moa mount to gather information. That likely won't happen though; they are pretty narrowminded ;)

TerrisH: I seem to recall you only focusing on your area for 10+ turns. Quite the trend. I must be mistaken, though. Also, the thing is, I don't want you to start a second civilization 'in the area', I want players to spread their points around everywhere.

merciary: The Krutarg are a non-human people, yes? That'd cost 10 points to spread 'barbarian race' around. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

+1 point to anyone who doesn't work 'their area' this turn.
Not just yet. You see, I move area to area. I don't like doing random things in random areas. I'm about 3/4 done the North East right now.

[/B]

They are flightless, yes. They're a bit smaller than Moa; about human size, 1.75m (5ft10) as opposed to the normal size of 2m (6ft8). They also have a full silvery grey plumage, as well as being somewhat more agile. Other than that, fairly few differences.

This might help though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stymphalian_birds (these were my basis for the idea)

okay, your counting the geological turns. though rember I did place a fish near the southern Island durring my last geological turn. but that's my area also.

meh. anyway, next goal is a second capitol in the area, then a capitol on the southern island. then I'll start getting evil just for you.

would barbarian migration cover a barbarian tribe split into two groups? want them to keep the poulation they have in an area. but also establish a new population group in a different area.
or should I just plan to pay the full cost of a new barbarian tribe?

@merciary: Are you giving up the swiech islands to my control??? :(

Well I'm more focus on doing things around the world, mainly setting up future annoyances, but I might come back to the Swiech but for now you can do what you want with them if you like. Of course if I end up with left over points I might throw some things at them.

@Eltain: What will be next after this phase of the NES? Will the 'gameplay' NES begin as we take over the various peoples/nations we have created?

merciary: DUDE COME ON DON'T TAUNT THE DICE GODS LIKE THAT.

Boundless:

Warning: If you do not, I will make up whatever I want for you, and it will be badly written and you will not like it and I will throw pencils at you like my music director.

I do not mean to harass people for names (I am sending many a VM to people, and preached about it in-thread) but I am working on the portions of the update now that I can.

All: If you have not named your previously placed settlements, do so. If you do not, I will.

Additionally, please include your total points with your spending.

Gem Hound: No, I'm perfectly fine with it going nameless, given the circumstances. You're fine. :)

TerrisH: Just a warning, I will be tweaking the whole map just as I did with the climates, and the entire disposition of the world goes one way or another on my whim during the inter-phase.

nutranurse: See just above. I don't want to nail myself down if at some point before we actually get there I change my mind, but I take -a lot- of inspiration for this particular game from OrangeNES4: Now, with concentrate. Yes, I know Abaddon named it, thank you Boundless.

I got very into that stillborn NES. The overarching theme just stuck with me - a pre-created fantasy world, unlike anything I'd ever seen (in NESing) - and I saw infinite possibility for it. I really liked that people could take up nations that they had not created, and did not know everything about (see History), so they could take up the roles and make them their own, or could drop out at a moment's notice and someone else could swoop in.

Now to finally, actually answer your question: Yes, after this Civilization phase, I will tweak things here and there (again, never outright -undoing- anything someone did), write a very short and very vague history of the world, put the entities I've created into stats, and then (with a week's break) we can begin the 'nation NES' proper.

:)

I shall be ruled by NO ONE! I LAUGH at the Dice Gods and am prepared for the consequences.
In all honesty I've got like one more idea in me then I'm not sure what exactly I want to do, probably raiding the cradle. :mischief:

Top Bottom