EltNES: THIS World is Yours

Bank extra point.

TerrisH: Upgrading towns into cities costs 4 points, the cost of the city. Upgrading towns into large cities costs 5 points.

nutranurse: That leetle island shall be clustered full of warrens, won't it :0

Gem Hound: You only spent enough points for 4 towns. Edit: If you do not respond by the deadline, I will not place the last two towns listed.

General Olaf: Yay, more religion. Spending seems legit.

Boundless: Okay.

Terrance: You terrible person.

Lord of Elves: I will also bank your aditional 1 point from Terrance.

All: If you have not named your previously placed settlements, do so. If you do not, I will.

Additionally, please include your total points with your spending.

Orders: 5 pointz

Bank 5 yao

Orders: 11 points including the one given by Terrence
E-9 (in the mountains): Barbarian Race, Krutarg
Spoiler :
The Krutarg resemble a very large human with one major difference, stone appears to be growing from their skin. In reality this is a combination of calcium and other minerals that grow to form a protective coating around most of the Krutarg body. The Krutarg digestive track is extremely efficient at pulling minerals out of almost anything to provide for this "shell". The Krutarg have learned to exploit this and it is not uncommon to see Krutarg consume small rocks on occasion with the hope of strengthening their own body. the appearance of a Krutarg differs from region to region as they have different mineral contents which also effect the attributes of their shells. The Shells do not begin to form until adolescence when the young Krutarg begin to crave and seek out minerals. Krutarg live in large extended family groups and are generally sedentary. When the family group grows to large for the local area to support them the weaker members of the family are driven away by the the stronger ones until there is enough to go around. These Krutarg that are driven off generally band together with others that have been cast out and form new settlements. While the Krutarg prefer life in the mountains they are also found in the foothills when they can not find a suitable location in the mountains. Krutarg society highly values family ties, strength, and have a very developed system of honor (defending the home, providing for the family unit, generally being productive, etc.). They are also highly territorial and suspicious of outsiders and will often attack any that cross into their territory without warning or hesitation.

Bank 1
If I can't block off the super continent with ocean I'll do it with barbarians ;)
Also I give Nutra permission to name the Swiech towns I made.

nutranurse: DULY NOTED, SIR.

Gem Hound: Okeydoke.

merciary: Right in time to be included in the update. (..3 hours from now?) Also, fuukkkkkennn ayhhhh mountain giants. Take that, Malkieri. Would you mind terribly if I made the assertion that they inhabit all of the land surrounding Gellir Lake (the elevated lake in the peninsula)? It is basically in the mountains, sort of.

That's fine, I planned to expand them across that land bridge area anyways.

Update II:II or Update 13​

Link to ze map
Spoiler :

Malkieri Plain - On the vast and windy Malkieri plain, many smaller settlements have sprouted from the earth, as if after a great thaw. Fal Moran, in the north, acts as a trading center for the people of the desert in the west; Fal Dara rests atop a great beautiful waterfall, and is a retreat for kings; Aringill, a center of commerce and agriculture along the Estvod river; and finally Katar, deathly high in the mountains, where the men work themselves to death at an early age mining the precious metals from the earth, which is traded at-market in Fal Dara far in the west. As yet each settlement retains its own authority, however many now answer to the Four.

D3-D4 - The western Hurnith hillsmen arise and form their own city, known as Hurinth, to challenge the hegemony of Garlino, north along the Gartino river. Even a few Montholin, unhappy with accidental Garlinoan poaching of their people, have aligned themselves with the Hurinthians (SP?), and a few great Mammoths have been domesticated for royal processions or warfare.

E8-E9 - The giant Krutarg, a stone people who've no need for armor, have descended from the Eastern Mounts north of Teirec and Gellir Lake. They mostly live in large, tightly-knit clan-type units, and it is rumored that the Krutarg migrating around Gellir lake are only the weak cousins of the True Krutarg, who live in the north. This is only a rumor, though. Probably.

Umiritsine Isles - Suruzine aggression in the area led to instability amongst the elite of Lixishen, who called the League merely a tool of Suruzine hegemony. Of course, they were brutally put in their place after a bloody struggle, and the great Citedal Suruzale was built across the Lixishine river in a monument to the people of Lixishen of their ..equality in the Umiritsine League.

L1 - Coentak has spread fervently throughout the Kyk population, who cling to life on the ocean mountains at the edge of the world.

Spoiler OOC :
Mod's Choice:

+4 nutranurse
+4 General Olaf
-2 TerrisH
-2 Gem Hound

Totals: (Includes the above additions.)

19 points: Terrance888
14 points: Boundless
13 points: General Olaf
11 points: Lord of Elves
11 points: nutranurse
9 points: merciary
6 points: Gem Hound
4 points: TerrisH
10 points: Eltain

OOCs

Terrance: You apparently are favored by the Dice Gods for your Fred Scrooge approach to life. Unfortunately you barely broke even. :0

nutranurse: I'll put Dah or Dahabu before the Swiech names, I forgot to change it back. If I forget again next update, plox remind me. Edit: I added your name additions on the template, as the images were already uploaded as I received your VM.

All: I might make this a standard messege to give with each turn. If you don't name your settlements, I either do it for you or give the priviledge away to someone else. The Issith towns on the southern continent may be named by Terrance, and the southern Swiech towns named by nutranurse, if either want. Otherwise I have named all unnamed settlements.

A treat for anyone who reads the OOCs.

The hill layers have been darkened very slightly. The layers stack, so it has darkened considerably where they overlap. Also the climate layer has been lightened. Any requests?

Next update Saturday

I can't seem to find how much it cost to spread barbarians, can I do it with "towns" or due I need to spend the full 10 points to do it?

Why does Terrance get to name towns of a culture I created and placed?

Gem Hound: Okay, banked. I shall change it to Nameless then.

TerrisH:
Front Page said:
----Please do not just focus on yourself in this phase. Please contribute to the world as a whole. Add towns cities and even wonders to places where you think they would develop, not just to your particular civiization. Mold the world to the way you think it should be, not the way that will most benefit you. This is a collaborative world-building game.

I really like seeing players contribute their points all over the place, like merciary has been doing since turn one of the first phase. Specifically, you've built long and hard at your own little area, earning my displeasure.

merciary: Barbarians at this point are considered the non-sedentary people. (that is, they do not settle towns, and instead roam) That being said, spending points on barbarian migration is as good as spreading them around.

Thinking on that now, I will say that 5 points will be what is required to simply 'add more', as players have to do with 'adding more' barbaric races. I will add this to the ruleset.

(still merciary: I must say I have not given you the props you deserve. You shall receive my favorite this turn, due to your work over the last 12 turns.

Boundless: Because you did not.

Terrance: Okay, I'll change it to Nameless. Thank you. [big wink]

Edit: I've found it odd that no one else has asked why they earned the -2, or ever asked what they could do to earn the favorite spots.

Top Bottom