Emperor SG?

Ok, I will see what I can do once I get to my Civ computer.

Meh, I haven't even been home recently, I must skip. Once school starts up I will have more time for this.

Well, it seems I got very side-tracked from this game. Back to the grind I 'spose.

Turn 0 - 460 AD
- where the hell is Alex's last city?
- switch Sparta from FP to HE
- other than the odd turn number, I mash go

Turn 2 - 470 AD
- quell some resistors, create some taxmen
- found 'We got game' on the northwest peninsula
- move defenders around

Turn 3 - 480 AD
- we send spices + $100 for currency
- gain Feudalism as our free tech! [party]
- otherwise rather uneventful

Turn 4 - 490 AD
- Edrine settler -> mdi
- Bursa 'duct -> mdi
- kill stray Indian sword [1-0]

Turn 5 - 500 AD
- hire a few taxmen in Istanbul
- start moving troops to Bombay

Turn 6 - 510 AD
- Gilgy demands $30, I cave
- Iznik cat -> mdi
- Ankara worker -> worker
- kill two stray Indian swords [3-0]

Turn 7 - 520 AD
- Athens mdi -> mdi
- kill Indian sword [4-0]
- Russians move some units into our land...

Turn 8 - 530 AD
- Edrine mdi -> mdi
- Delphi worker -> pike
- kill four spears, sword in Bombay [9-0]
- sign peace with Gandhi, gain Jaipur (aka the island fort to the west of Gandhi) and $16
- Russian keep moving

Turn 9 - 540 AD
- Istanbul mdi -> mdi
- Calcutta flips :o

Turn 10 - 550 AD
- Bursa mdi -> mdi
- Neo Bananatown worker -> rax
- Russians have about 10 units in our land. :huh:

Notes
- figure out Cathy's intentions are moving thru our land
- find Alex's one city...

Attachments

• emperorsg_550ad.SAV
    263 KB · Views: 51
Read the sig. :(

Guess its back to me. Weekends are my time, so i'll try to start friday.

My concerns about breaking our trade rep were wrong early, but are right now. I have 2 swords beside the Greek capital with 15 turns left in the peace treaty with India. If I wait for reinforcements, would that be sandbagging? Attacking fortified regular hoplites with veteran swords is at best a 40% chance, so it could be argued as a foolhardy waste of troops to attack now. I need team and lurker opinions before proceeding.

Edit: and what about Sumeria? should we declare on them (they have muskets), burn a few cities and make peace?

Sending reinforcements could takes a lot of time, if I am not wrong. So I say try it and if you fail, we have to send more troops later. And if you want to fight someone in the meantime, beat up Sumeria.

Failed at the Greek attack and actually lost Jaipur. The Sumerian war is not going well either. I found out that catapults are near-nigh useless versus fortified Muskets and our war turned defensive fast. Sorry to hand off such a mess. I left all units unmoved so that the next player has options and can defend/attack as he sees fit. Here is the turn-log and save:

Spoiler :

Pre-Flight: CivAssist 2, Word running. Open the save, look things over.
Looks good, pull army out of Bombay, wouldn't want to lose it to a flip. Blockade middle of continent. Fire clowns and taxmen

Civilian units:
Settler 1
Workers 14

Military units:
Warrior 1
Archers 2
Spears 3
Pikeman 1
Swords 25
Armies 3, 2(3) swords, 1 empty
Catapults 24
Galley 1

Unit Support:
Total Units: 79
Allowed Units: 45
Support Cost: 35 gpt

Enemies/Hit list:
Greece=>Strong compared to War, target 1
India=>Average compared to Peace, target 2
Russia=>Weak compared to Peace, target 3
Sumeria=>Weak compared to Peace, target 4
Japan=>Average compared to Peace, target 5
Arabia=>Average compared to Peace, target 6
Unmet Peace, target 7

Research: Engineering 13 turns -1gpt, 54 in the bank.

Hit Enter=>

IBT: Russia retreats units and I renew the peace treaty.
Sumerians acting untrustworthy.
Edrine Mace=>Mace.
Bombay Worker=>Worker
Ankara Worker=>Library

Turn 1, 560 AD: Adjust for sudden drop in revenue

IBT: Russians cancel Incense deal, Istanbul and Uskudar riot.

Turn 2, 570 AD: Fix riots. Land 2 Swords beside last Greek city, 1 grabs a slave.

IBT: Order restored in rioting cities.

Turn 3, 580 AD: Housekeeping. Move 2 Swords adjacent to Greek capital. Stop here, consult team. Resume with 1 person saying attack next turn and attack Sumeria if it fails and reinforcements are needed.

IBT: Russians have left. Athens riots.
Kafa Galley=>Galley.

Turn 4, 590 AD: Both Swords die at Knossos, so it will be war with Sumeria, eventually.
After all civilian units are safe and I'm ready.

IBT: Istanbul Mace=>Library.
Sparta riots. War Weariness in Monarchy?
Edrine Mace=>Mace.
Bursa Mace=>Library.
Uskudar Aqueduct=>Temple.
Konya Barracks=>Pike.

Turn 5, 600 AD: Nothing yet, not ready.

IBT: Bombay Worker=>Worker
Salonika gets a disease.

Turn 6, 610 AD: I'm chicken, but still not ready.
Might get War Happiness if I can get them to declare.

IBT: See a Sumerian Knight...this could get ugly.
Karachi Galley=>Library.
Sumeria builds Knights Templar.

Turn 7, 620 AD: Get Gilgy all riled up. Ask him to get out.
We are at war! Move 5 Maces and 9 catapults beside Erech.
3rd Swords, an eSword and 10 cats beside Agade

IBT: Sumerians advance on Bombay, Sparta. Greeks land beside undefended Jaipur.

Turn 8, 630 AD: Bad news. Catapults are totally useless vs Muskets, get 3 hits out of 19 shots, and 2 destroyed improvements. Now we are hosed.
At Bombay, Cats go 1 of 5 on vKnight. eSword wins vs vMace clean. 1st Swords win clean vs vMace, then loses 8 hp killing vKnight. vSword wins -2hp vs Longbow. The RnG really loves me. At Erech, vMace wins -3hp vs rMusket. vMace loses vs rMusket. vMace loses vs 2/3 rMusket, who is undamaged and promotes. vMace loses vs 3/4 rMusket, who and promotes. vMace wins clean vs 2/5 eMusket and Erech is ours! Raze nets 2 slaves and 2 more captured. Despites the losses, Erech had to be taken. We are not very strong after all.

IBT: Lose Jaipur.....oh well. Archer dies on vSword at Athens. Longbow kills 2/4 Sword at Bombay, Mace kils eSword.
Athens Mace=>Mace.
Istanbul Library=>Settler.
Edrine Mace=>Mace.
Kafa Galley=>Pike.
Bursa Pike=>Pike.

Turn 9, 640 AD: Bombard units around Bombay but I can only defend at the moment. Try to cover and defend as much as I can.

IBT: Sumerian Longbow kills fortified rPike on Mountain. We're going to lose some towns. Troops converge toward Bombay Might need strategically abandoned or gifted to someone to hold it for us, say India.
Bombay Worker=>Worker.
Lahore Library=>Barracks.
Aydin Pike=>Mace.
Kohlapur Archer=>Archer.

Turn 10, 550 AD: Stop here for next player to have options.

Civilian units:
Settler 1
Workers 15
MGL 1

Military units:
Warriors 1
Archers 1
Spears 3
Pikemen 2
Swords 21
Maces 9
Armies 3, 3(3) swords
Catapults 24
Galleys 4

Unit Support:
Total Units: 83
Allowed Units: 48
Support Cost: 35 gpt

Enemies/Hit list:
Greece=>Strong compared to War, target 1
India=>Average compared to Peace, target 2
Russia=>Weak compared to Peace, target 3
Sumeria=>Weak compared to War target 4
Japan=>Strong compared to Peace, target 5
Arabia=>Average compared to Peace, target 6
Unmet Peace, target 7

Research:Engineering 5 turns +9gpt, 26 in the bank.

Edit: didn't transfer the right file to my flashdrive, so had to switch computers.
The save:

It is pretty scary, sorry I made such a mess of the Sumeria war but we need to raze several cities to get through to Greece and India. Bombay might need abandoned or gifted to someone(India or Greece to hold it for us, freeing a sword army to pillage), though it is making a great enemy magnet right now. Maybe get the 3rd Army and its cats down there to help defend it? It sure is a challenge. The pillaging sounds good, enks and longbows worry me much less than muskets and maces. If we can pull this off, we'll be legends.

Edit: Keep the worker blockade where Erech was up until the settler in Istanbul can replace that town, the russians could easily steal that site.

Lurkers Comment:

Looks like you guys are having a fun time. I sort of skimmed the logs, but I did not notice any references to the research selection of Engineering. Was it with an eye to a trade or gunning for Leo?

Are you planning to skip Chiv, is that the idea? I just wandered why you would not go for the knights in this game? I do like Eng to be able to have bridges, but the rivers are not a big issue where they are.

I think we have no horses, so Chivalry is of little use at the moment. Engineering gives us Trebuchets, which we badly need, so that was the choice. Hopefully we'll have horses by the time we get Military Tradition.

I think we have no horses, so Chivalry is of little use at the moment. Engineering gives us Trebuchets, which we badly need, so that was the choice. Hopefully we'll have horses by the time we get Military Tradition.

Ah, no horses and all that nice swamp. Fun indeed. BTW I use the seed on the #3 map and got a start on the mainland that had 5 cows in plains. The start in the pix turned out to be an island.

Give me some time on this, please. I am thinking about some strategy.

Probably it will be somewhat radical. I plan to abandon some of our town that we can't hold anyway to concentrate our forces. We are able to defeat the Sumerians, but only if we can concentrate on one spot and not three at the same time.

But before I really go on with this I am going to post my plans here, so the team can decide on it.

I think mix some strategic gifting in and I'll fully agree. Bombay is an example of where gifting might be better than abandoning: if abandoned, it gives a nice settlement spot and a lux to sumeria. Given back to India gets all units away scot-free, and we can retake it later from India.

I think mix some strategic gifting in and I'll fully agree. Bombay is an example of where gifting might be better than abandoning: if abandoned, it gives a nice settlement spot and a lux to sumeria. Given back to India gets all units away scot-free, and we can retake it later from India.

Good idea about gifting Bombay...

Top Bottom