Empire Swordsman (Oct 31, 2006)

Thecus said:
thank you for the unit. can you add sounds to this like some of the other units have? Custom sounds complete a unit. Otherwise they all sort of seem like the same guy in a different suit of clothes.

There's a thread in the unit graphics forum that is dedicated to sounds. Take a look (or rather take a listen) and download anything that you find appropriate. The tricky bit is to get the sounds to synchronise with the animations.

I don't currently have the programs to make quality custom sounds. Plus I figure there are plenty of sounds already made for swordsman units. I agree that custom sounds add flavor to new units, and my hat's off to creators that invent their own, but what I enjoy about units is working on the models and animating them. And since this is just a hobby of mine, I'll stick with the parts of it that I enjoy. :)

And thanks everyone for all your kind words, I appreciate all of them. :thanx: I'm glad you guys like the animations. They can be the most tedious part of the process at times, trying to get them to come out just as you imagine them, but it's also rewarding when you finally get 'em right.

cheers, :)

Great job! Love that attack:goodjob:!

P.S. Good luck in the Unit of the Month competition:goodjob:(not that you need it...)!

mrtn said:
Of course it could. It's made for the Empire in Warhammer, which is a rip off of the Holy Roman Empire. :)
Maybe you could use this as an Italian Mercenary, for example?
Ahah, my ignorance of the period pays off -- not only do I find out a rather precise place to put this unit, I also learn more about what Warhammer is ripping off from history! Italian Mercenary he is...

...now, what were Italian Mercenaries good for/at? Perhaps I should pick up the Osprey book on the period.

Wonderful animation, simple modelling (not that that's bad), but really grand animation...

Mithadan said:
...now, what were Italian Mercenaries good for/at? ...
Running away, I think. ;)

I have a memory of a battle in France...:hmm:

Oh, well that kind of sucks. ;)

This is a wonderful unit.:clap: Is it possible to give us a version with a neutral (not Warhammer) shield?

Civinator said:
This is a wonderful unit.:clap: Is it possible to give us a version with a neutral (not Warhammer) shield?

Just a wee bit of a bump. . .

Im going to second Civinator's request for a neutral shield version of this unit, as it would be a nice transitional type between the Medieval Infantry and Kinboat's Man At Arms, or a nice firearms age swordsman for civs lacking saltpeter.

Top Bottom