Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Hello! Nice work!
]
Can you answer if when we hover over the circle with faces of the leaders is correct show a <open boards> with the "<>" symbol?:

Every time I start a new game the zoom level is all the way maxed out instead of being the default City View zoom level. Also, there has been for several versions now a grey vignette to the sides of the World View (first image), which is completely missing from the default UI (second image) and was missing from EUI several versions ago (third image). Now this is a minor thing, but if I could find a way to remove or disable it somehow that would be great.

Attachments

• 20190705213227_1.jpg
    20190705213227_1.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 195
  • 20190705214026_1.jpg
    20190705214026_1.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 185
  • 20190217133048_3.jpg
    20190217133048_3.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 213
I never understood why Firaxis never bothered to at the very least implemented a Hotseat
maybe it's because you're the only known hotseat user ? :D:smoke:
You have no idea but you MADE my day
thanks for sharing !
I'd marry you if you'd found a way to load Scenario levels somehow
better start saving for that dowry then... I found a way to setup hotseat for scenario *without custom load screen* (mockup works with accurate earth, but not with 2014) but it will take some time to implement (and that's on top of my struggling with quantum communication crash classes)

bc1 updated Civ5 Enhanced User Interface v1.29beta50
  • Modded hotseat now works with scenario maps *without custom load screen* !
Remember to select the correct scenario map in the drop down menu, I have not found a reliable way to automate that. Also most advanced settings are overwritten by the scenario, but there is no way to know which so they are not disabled. And of course you need to select another human player besides yourself, this is done by choosing a difficulty level for other player(s). You can pick civilizations, but this will swap with another player since the scenario specifies the civilization list and corresponding team for each, which is not accessible before game launch and therefore not modifyable.

When not using scenario maps, modded hot seat allows any team configuration so long as there are at least two teams. So you can play with your friends on the same team against the (lame) AI on another team, for example.

It's also possible to set the game in autoplay mode by selecting AI for all players on the advanced setup screen, but there is currently no way to take back control.

I have made russian translation of this great mod.
Maybe not 100% accurate. Try and wrote your opinions.

Attachments

• Civ5EUI129ru.7z
    9.3 KB · Views: 114
I have an issue that I haven't been able to find in the forums. I'm playing on Mac using the latest Beta version. When I mouse over my units the tool tip pops up, but a HUGE icon for the unit also pops up. Is there a way to disable this icon? It's too big and very annoying. Love the mod otherwise though :)

Came back to some Civ recently and grabbed latest version of the mod, v1.29beta50.
Loving the mod in general, but encountered annoying civilopedia problems.

What game version do you have? 1.0.3.279
What expansions and DLC do you have? G&K, BNW, all civilization packs, only missing a few map packs. Not running any mods at all
Do you play on PC or Mac? PC
Describe the problem: Adding EUI messes up civilopedia entries for units. Specifically, categories "Abilities", "Upgrade Unit", "Units Unlocked", "Replaces" get jumbled up.

As an example, attaching screenshots for Camel Archer entry.

Here's standard one:
standard.png

Here's one with EUI:
eui.png

Is it intended that the mod changes civilopedia in any way? I couldn't find it referenced in the readme, only additional entry points by right clicking various ui elements.

UPDATE:
Found that removing \UI_bc1\Improvements\CivilopediaScreen.lua and \UI_bc1\Improvements\CivilopediaScreen.xml fixes the issue.
How are these 2 files supposed to improve Civilopedia?

Last edited:
I know its a noob problem but I am trying to install info addict as a DLC mod like EUI. It works fine if I start a game from the Mods screen (just Eui 1.29b50 installed as DLC) and add InfoAddict, I can see the button and it works fine, but I can't seem to get it to work when I add it as a DLC, i even tried everything in this thread.

I also tried creating a custom mod pack using MPMPM, I got some very basic mods working alongside EUI (just delete the Lua files in the modpack folder after generation). I just can't seem to get Infoaddict to be added using MPMPM or a DLC addon. If anyone can help me pls do! thanks!

These are the mods I got to work fine with MPMPM

A long time ago I found a thread somewhere with a version of InfoAddict that could be used as a DLC instead of being loaded via the Mods menu item. I can no longer remember where I found this, but it has been my understanding that there was some difference between the two versions. It might be best to search around and see if you can find that thread. In the meantime, there is a version of InfoAddict here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/egu5xf03ssmbxgt/InfoAddict.zip/file that you might try. InfoAddict worked fine for me as a DLC and I don't remember having to do anything special to get it working. It just needed the right version to be installed, and my recollection is that it wasn't the version that could be downloaded via the Workshop on Steam. Things may have changed in the intervening time, however.

I have a question of my own, as well as something maybe to add for others...

I recently stepped up to 1.28g and love all the new features. I really like the city buildings submenu seen on the left below. I like how it shows yields, sell price, and maintenance. I was wondering if there would be a way for me to modify the new unit tooltip to include the maintenance cost, say where the red ellipse is.
upload_2020-8-26_13-49-50.png

@elSiD: Could you be more specific about your process and experience? I have been able to wrap up InfoAddict along with Neblet's Diplomacy mod as a modpack using MPMPM to be used with my tweaked version of EUI 1.28g without issue. Have you tried doing it with EUI 1.28g instead of the beta? Have you modified IA with the tweak Nalkor listed in the thread you linked before trying to make the conversion? What do you see ingame after you make the conversion? Also, I'm unclear about the deleting LUA files. Assuming whatever version of EUI is in place at the time you make the modpack, the LUAs you'd be deleting are just copies of the ones you want to use elsewhere anyways. I would think not deleting them would harm nothing, but deleting them might potentially break things.

Is there a way to remove the "extended demographics panel" feature in the newer / latest beta versions?

I found an old post: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/enhanced-user-interface.512263/page-149#post-15460708 that said "beta30 = beta29 + a few fixes and instance manager + InfoAddict module, so if you delete the InfoAddict folder, which can use up lots of memory, you've basically got beta29.", so there used to be a way to remove the InfoAddict funtionality (which I assume is the same as "extended demographics panel"), but I cannot find such a folder to delete now.

---------------- UPDATE ----------------
I deleted the entire, InGame folder in EUI 1.29b50 and kept the InGame.lua file generated after the CreateMP() command and it is working fine Now. I don't know what I am missing now from EUI lol :D. Please shed some light on this!
---------------- END UPDATE ----------------

@elSiD: Could you be more specific about your process and experience? I have been able to wrap up InfoAddict along with Neblet's Diplomacy mod as a modpack using MPMPM to be used with my tweaked version of EUI 1.28g without issue. Have you tried doing it with EUI 1.28g instead of the beta? Have you modified IA with the tweak Nalkor listed in the thread you linked before trying to make the conversion? What do you see ingame after you make the conversion? Also, I'm unclear about the deleting LUA files. Assuming whatever version of EUI is in place at the time you make the modpack, the LUAs you'd be deleting are just copies of the ones you want to use elsewhere anyways. I would think not deleting them would harm nothing, but deleting them might potentially break things.

Hi @Dushku , thanks for responding, sorry about the late reply as I was afk. I tried many different methods to get EUI to work with info addict and failed successfully everytime :(

Here is what I tried.

Method 1:

Follow the method of using MPMPM to create my own modpack with my mods. Here are the mods I used to create a pack.

Now When I start a Single player game from this screen as I should, I get Info addict to work. I can move my units and play the game normally without any issues. (small thing infoaddict and demographics have the same icon as seen below) The game works fine, i can play and everything, I can see the mods listed in the game menu etc.

This was good enough for me and I now wanted to create a Modpack for this with MPMPM and so I execute the CreateMP() function in the LUA console. Everything is generated and good. No issues on the LUA console. MPMODPACK folder is created.

I then exit the game and then restart the game so that the new Modpack is loaded. Immediately when I start a new game, the mods and everything are OK but I can use the mouse to move my units. I can't move the units even by using the M key. I see the paths highlighted but no movement at all.

So I read somewhere in the MPMPM thread mentioning deletion of the Lua files in the UI folder. I try that and then I can move my units but now The infoaddict button itself is missing

The game works fine, and when I check in the LUA console, nothing regarding Infoaddict shows up

Usually if Infoaddict was loaded this is what I could see.

This isn't visible After I delete the LUA files in the UI folder of the Mod Pack specifically these 3 files

Now of these three files, I diffed then to find CityView.lua and LeaderHeadRoot.lua are both identical to what they are in EUI 1.29beta50

Only the InGame.lua is different and you can find it attached to this post.

So, if I delete this file (the other two don't matter) Infoaddict fails, and wont load but the game works. If I keep this file, Infoaddict loads but I can't move.

I have also checked at every step doing these modifications to IA in this generated modpack by restarting the game and starting a new game with every change.

1. Replace "InGameUIAddin" by "DiplomacyUIAddin" ---> NO CHANGE - STILL CANT MOVE.
2. Replace the InfoAddictHooks.lua file with the compatability file provided in the downloads page. ( replace the file in \Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\Mods\InfoAddict (v 22)\ ) NO CHANGE - STILL CANT MOVE.
3. Remove LeaderHead and revert to InGameUIAddin, and then both. NO CHANGE - STILL CANT MOVE

I gave up here. :(

METHOD 2 :

Install the Standalone Infoaddict DLC mod alongside EUI 1.29b50 - NO CHANGE - STILL CANT MOVE.

A long time ago I found a thread somewhere with a version of InfoAddict that could be used as a DLC instead of being loaded via the Mods menu item. I can no longer remember where I found this, but it has been my understanding that there was some difference between the two versions. It might be best to search around and see if you can find that thread. In the meantime, there is a version of InfoAddict here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/egu5xf03ssmbxgt/InfoAddict.zip/file that you might try. InfoAddict worked fine for me as a DLC and I don't remember having to do anything special to get it working. It just needed the right version to be installed, and my recollection is that it wasn't the version that could be downloaded via the Workshop on Steam. Things may have changed in the intervening time, however.

@mbbcam

This is the file I used.
Tried all the changes mentioned just above (replacments etc)

Note: I did not try with any older version because I got pretty used to this version and I wanted to try and improve by adding some simple mods.

Attachments

• InGame.7z
    7.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Have you tried doing it with EUI 1.28g instead of the beta? Have you modified IA with the tweak Nalkor listed in the thread you linked before trying to make the conversion?

No, I have tried with 1.28g because I can't find it on the downloads page, even after I click the stable version link, I can only download the latest beta.

Yes I modified IA 3 different ways as I mentioned in the post

1. Replace "InGameUIAddin" by "DiplomacyUIAddin" ---> NO CHANGE - STILL CANT MOVE.
2. Replace the InfoAddictHooks.lua file with the compatability file provided in the downloads page. ( replace the file in \Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\Mods\InfoAddict (v 22)\ ) NO CHANGE - STILL CANT MOVE.
3. Remove LeaderHead and revert to InGameUIAddin, and then both. NO CHANGE - STILL CANT MOVE

Also, I think I kind of fixed the issue as I mentioned in the post by

I deleted the entire, InGame folder in EUI 1.29b50 and kept the InGame.lua file generated after the CreateMP() command and it is working fine Now. I don't know what I am missing now from EUI lol :D. Please shed some light on this!

I am attaching the files here which has both EUI and My modpack with IA working, but I don't know what I am missing by deleting the InGame folder in EUI

Attachments

• DLC.7z
    6.1 MB · Views: 84
Hello,
I've been using EUI for some days and I've spotted a problem with war and city-states.
Whenever a civ declare war on a city-state (outside civ VS civ war, they just want to conquer the city-state), I can't convince them to make peace with the city-state to save the city-state because there is no "make peace with" option available.
I've tried to comprehend the playerhead file but failed to modify it with success, I would galdly accept help.
(btw, if what I say make no sense, I can rephrase, I'm not a native english speaker)
Thank you in advance

Edit : In fact, there seems to be no option to trade peace with a city state

Last edited:
Looking for some help with a minor issue. I noticed when this mod was installed, it reorganizes the civs by Civilization, very much like True Alternative Leaders (alt) does. This is good, a much better default. However, I would like to use true alternative Leaders where it breaks them into a Civilization table, the prime version. Seems like I can't get it to override the EUI settings now which wasn't an issue in the past. Anyone smarter than me know what to do? I know I can go to an older version of EUI but I'd rather not, like to use the latest version.

Thanks

I have another tweak that I wanted to document here as much for my own records as to possibly help others. Consider the following image:
upload_2020-9-12_20-10-20.png

On the left is EUI 1.28g. If there are more than 3 items you have available for a Civ to pay for, you'll get an ellipses (...) instead of the remainder of the icons. In my first game using this version of EUI, I was in a situation where an AI was willing to buy my horses, but I could not see it. On the right of the image is the way it used to be. A bit more cluttered, but more thorough. As a min/maxer, I prefer the right. If you do too, here's how you make this change. Be sure to backup any file before making alterations!

Open up NotificationPanel/NotificationPanel.lua in a text editor. Scrol down and replace the first code window with the second
Code:
instance.TheirTradeItems:SetText( table_concat( theirTradeItems ) )
            if #ourTradeItems < 4 then
                instance.OurTradeItems:SetText( table_concat( ourTradeItems ) )
            else
                ourTradeItems[4] = "..." --"[ICON_PLUS]"
                instance.OurTradeItems:SetText( table_concat( ourTradeItems, nil, 1, 4 ) )
            end
Code:
instance.TheirTradeItems:SetText( table_concat( theirTradeItems ) )
instance.OurTradeItems:SetText( table_concat( ourTradeItems ) )

Top Bottom