Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

BUG - SEGMENTATION FAULT setting up TRADE ROUTES - [Linux]

Hi, I'm using EUI v. 1.23d with Civ V version 1.0.3.276, all DLC (Complete edition) installed from Steam. I play on a Linux PC (Ubuntu 14.04).

I was previously running EUI 1.23 without problems - but since upgrading to 1.23d after the latest Firaxis patch, I've been unable to set up trade routes. When renewing an old trade route with an old caravan or starting a new one with a new trade route, the game crashes with a segmentation fault upon confirming 'OK' to set up the route. I isolated the problem to EUI - The single-player game (below) works fine in the vanilla UI (albeit, still with all other DLC enabled). This problem was discovered in multiplayer hotseat mode.

I have three files attached - a single-player save file for testing (trade_crash_test.Civ5sav), the associated bundle of log files that were produced upon opening the game with EUI 1.23d (single_player_trade_route_bug_logs.tar.gz), setting up the trade route, and watching the crash. For comparison's sake, I've also added the log files associated with the vanilla behavior, without the crash (example_of_things_working_properly.tar.gz).

I hope this gets resolved! I love EUI, and I'm bummed I have to uninstall it until this is fixed.

Thanks for your efforts,
-bamskamp

Edit: I just saw the post for EUI_v1.24RC1, and tested again. I'm sorry to say that the problem persists for me with the latest version!

Unfortunately, I don't have the save files, but I just want to say this exact problem is also happening to me on Windows 7.

So I have tried out this mod the last week or so on linux.

I am getting a segfault error at certain times.

Command line output:
"Civ5XP[2246]: segfault at 120 ip 00000000e21506b0 sp 00000000f1f38d0c error 4 in libCvGameCoreDLL_Expansion2.so[e1d71000+567000]"

It seems semi-random, tied to deploying workboats, using great prophets or sending trade routes (caravans), but not all the time.

I have been having the same problem with the game crashing/freezing when setting new/refreshing trade routes. I have narrowed down the issue to the units panels so if you are having the same issue as me, you can try removing the unit panel from the mod. That resolved the issue for me.

Love this mod and it is such a pity if others are not using it because they have crash issues so I made this account to post how I fixed it.

I have been having the same problem with the game crashing/freezing when setting new/refreshing trade routes. I have narrowed down the issue to the units panels so if you are having the same issue as me, you can try removing the unit panel from the mod. That resolved the issue for me.

Love this mod and it is such a pity if others are not using it because they have crash issues so I made this account to post how I fixed it.

I also have this problem, with the game occasionally crashing when setting up trade routes.

How can I disable the Unit panel on the left side (highlighted in red)? When I simply delete the UnitPanel folder, the new interface (higlighted in green) will also be disabled. I only want to use the green interface without the red unit overview. How can I do that?

Attachments

• 2014-11-08_00002.jpg
    2014-11-08_00002.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 338

This fixed my problem of the game crashing when using great artists. Thanks Waxcommon.

I also have this problem, with the game occasionally crashing when setting up trade routes.
This fixed my problem of the game crashing when using great artists. Thanks Waxcommon.
Please try replacement file in post#1297 to check whether this fixes your crash cases

Cheers

Has the Tool tips on leader heads (number of cities, plicies, techs, ...) been taken away in version 1.24?

Of course it might just be a mod conflict as I run multiple other mods.

Also tried 1.23d and couldn't get it working there either. Lua.log provides no EUI related errors.

\Skodkim

So I have tried out this mod the last week or so on linux.

I am getting a segfault error at certain times.

Command line output:
"Civ5XP[2246]: segfault at 120 ip 00000000e21506b0 sp 00000000f1f38d0c error 4 in libCvGameCoreDLL_Expansion2.so[e1d71000+567000]"

It seems semi-random, tied to deploying workboats, using great prophets or sending trade routes (caravans), but not all the time.

I also have random bugs with 1.23. When I rolled back to 1.21 crashes have disappered. Can you try 1.21 or, even better 1.22, and write about results?

I'm getting conflicts in the YieldIconManager with EUI and the latest version of Whoward's DLL mod components active. Any suggestions?
did you try the manual's tips ? (remove the UI folder from the DLL mod)
Has the Tool tips on leader heads (number of cities, plicies, techs, ...) been taken away in version 1.24?
no
Of course it might just be a mod conflict as I run multiple other mods
likely
Unfortunately, my game crashed in the same way as before. Great Artist -> Great Work.
Unfortunately still crashes.
lua.log ? the replacement UnitPanel.lua includes lua.log print statements which might help understand the issue. Also, do you have unit animations turned on ?

Cheers

Where should I look for the problem with missing tool tips on leaders? In which files do you define them?

\Skodkim

lua.log ? the replacement UnitPanel.lua includes lua.log print statements which might help understand the issue. Also, do you have unit animations turned on ?
Cheers

Sure, here is the log and unit animations are turned on.

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    10.5 KB · Views: 84
did you try the manual's tips ? (remove the UI folder from the DLL mod)

no

likely

Cheers

The log should be attched. I have unit animations turned on.

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    42.2 KB · Views: 69
Top Bottom