Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

I think that Cultural Diffusion doesn't work with EUI anymore, I followed the directions on the mod compatibility page (I removed CD's CultureUIFunctions.lua.) and I got some crazy errors.

Edit: Won't let me attach the lua because it's in a different thread. First time I've heard of that. Here's the lua from that post.

Hi guys,
I have a question about the "additional information" menù.
I can't see it in the interface so, for example, i can't access the advisors menù (that i find useful to understand the military power of other civs).
How can i add it in the interface?

Having a problem with the mod. I followed each step very carefully in the instructions, there are two bugs starting up and I'm having trouble figuring out the cause, I would appreciate any help if anyone had a similar issue and how to fix it.

The first bug was that the civ leader intro screen when you start up a game is a blank checkered screen.
The second bug was that the diplomacy corner with the policies/spies/drop down list is not working for me, only the globe icon appears with the rest of them not there and when I try to click on it nothing happens or loads.
The problem only occurred after I installed EUI, I went through the mod compatibility section but this has not seemed to work either.

Each time i try to unzip this file, i get a "the file is corrupt" message.

Hey guys,

I have an error with the NotificationPanel.lua which is shown in the lua.log file:
Code:
[1632.453] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\NotificationPanel\NotificationPanel.lua:1037: attempt to call method 'GetScoreFromReligion' (a nil value)
[1633.375] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\NotificationPanel\NotificationPanel.lua:1037: attempt to call method 'GetScoreFromReligion' (a nil value)

When I look into the lua file, I can see that it has something to do with the request for the game version I think:
Code:
if gk_mode and not Game.IsOption(GameOptionTypes.GAMEOPTION_NO_RELIGION) then
[COLOR="Red"]    tips:insert( L("TXT_KEY_DIPLO_MY_SCORE_RELIGION", player:GetScoreFromReligion() ) )[/COLOR]
end

I have a suspicion what is causing this error, maybe..

A friend and I play a savegame which is very old. We started it with Civilization V Gold Edition, so it contained G+K and some DLC's. I recently bought BnW and we continued our savegame with this version. I don't mean that we can play now with the new features of BnW, when I load the savegame you can see by the loading bar, that the game will start with the G+K Addon. I guess the loading bar of G+K was aquamarine and BnW has a blue bar. Not sure about what the lua script is checking, we have religions and social policies in our savegame.

• What game version do you have?
    1.0.3.279 (403694)
  • What expansions and DLC do you have?
    BnW, G+K, I guess all DLC's
  • Do you play on PC or Mac?
    I play on a PC
  • My lua log
    View attachment Logs.zip

Hey guys,
I have an error with the NotificationPanel.lua which is shown in the lua.log file:
Code:
[1632.453] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\NotificationPanel\NotificationPanel.lua:1037: attempt to call method 'GetScoreFromReligion' (a nil value)
[1633.375] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\NotificationPanel\NotificationPanel.lua:1037: attempt to call method 'GetScoreFromReligion' (a nil value)
Thanks for your detailed report

Bug confirmed : only playing with BNW DLC enabled can give score from religion
Fixed for next update...

Cheers

Moderator Action: I've deleted a few posts which detail a version of the mod elsewhere. I understand that people sometimes want to amend mods on their own pc, but you cannot take someone's mod, change a few bits, then upload it without their consent. bc1 has been working on this mod for a couple of years and it's unfair to him. I naturally cannot affect anything you upload on other sites - though I am disappointed by it - but I would politely ask you to refrain from linking to it on Civfanatics.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Thanks for your detailed report

Bug confirmed : only playing with BNW DLC enabled can give score from religion
Fixed for next update...

Cheers
You're welcome! Thank you for your support.

I love this mod, but I can still think of some added features. Users are like this bc1, you give them a great product for free and they will keep on asking for more :p

Feature request:
The relationship status with City States are color coded on the ribbon, icon turns blue for allies, green for friends, black for neutral, red for angry / at war.
Also, if you can ask for tribute the CS's icon turns orange. However, the change of color regarding the ability to ask tribute only works for neutral CSs. There is no color indication if you can ask for tribute from an allied or friend CS. Can you implement something for this? For example, the orange color of ability to ask tribute can take priority over others (ally, friend) maybe.

Thanks for this great mod and your quick responses to issue reported.

Hey bc,

have you somehow changed something in the diplo logic? With the latest versions, I find more and more little things that "were not there before", such as when negotiating, proposed numbers of resources or money is not 5 anymore, and little things like that, or a Ghandi that wants more than one copy of my cotton (????)... no other mods, by the way. The moment I go back to my preferred version so far (I think it was 1.21), all those little things are back to normal...

any idea?

As much as I love Enhanced UI, I have one issue with it. The unit banner on the left side of the screen bugs me:sad:
Is there a way I can remove that banner? I know it's more convenient, but I just don't like the look of it.:confused:

i tried to download this and install the mod but i can't find the location as listed in the readme/instructions. i bought the game on steam for mac and I'm certain i saved it to the default place so i don't know why I'm having such a hard time finding it. spotlight doesn't show it either. any help would be appreciated thank you.

edit
im an idiot, watch the youtube video and itll help

I've found that when used in conjunction with Whoward69's base dll file "various components.dll" EUI shows all yield icons as food icons

it works fine with the vanilla bnw singleplayer and multiplayer, just playing with this specific .dll mod produces this inconvenience

newest game version pulled from steam (civ 5 complete)
newest EUI version pulled from the thread
newest .dll version pulled from the pick'n'mix website

i think the problem becomes clear when one takes a look at the attached screenshots

Attachments

• 2015-02-08_00001.jpg
    2015-02-08_00001.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 427
  • 2015-02-08_00002.jpg
    2015-02-08_00002.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 342
Great job. I really love the mod except 1 thing - is there a way to get old buy tiles icons and a bottom buy tiles button ?

Top Bottom