Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

I am trying to remove a feature from the EUI.
  • InGame: unit move range is displayed (blue highlight) as soon as unit is selected
To remove a specific feature from the mod it says to remove the folder in which the feature is. In my case, removing the "InGame" folder break some aspect of the tiles highlighting. Do someone who know programming could help me find the code I need to comment out to only remove this specific feature?

I only today installed the Enhanced UI, and I must say I really like the look and functionality it brings with it -- however, I have a big issue: I cannot move any units. It seems like my mouse clicking is not registered on the map; nothing happens when I try to move. It does not show the graphic that indicates number of moves to get to a tile. There's no reaction to my mouse clicking on the map.

The only way to make units move are by selecting auto-explore. Also, I am able to attack.

I don't receive any error message or the like.

Game version 1.0.3.279
DLC: All
Other mods: LEKMOD v20.2

The game works fine with only LEKMOD.

I only today installed the Enhanced UI, and I must say I really like the look and functionality it brings with it -- however, I have a big issue: I cannot move any units. It seems like my mouse clicking is not registered on the map; nothing happens when I try to move. It does not show the graphic that indicates number of moves to get to a tile. There's no reaction to my mouse clicking on the map.

The only way to make units move are by selecting auto-explore. Also, I am able to attack.

I don't receive any error message or the like.

Game version 1.0.3.279
DLC: All
Other mods: LEKMOD v20.2

The game works fine with only LEKMOD.
same 2me, but also more bugs comparing to previous version :/

;)Hi,big fan of your mod.I have used for 3 years.But I have a problem that the "TXT_KEY_EUI_BUILT_IN_X_CITIES" in game always shows "built in a city,building in a city."no matter how many this kind of buildings I have built.Don't mind my poor English:love:,I wonder how to solve it.

Im testing this with other mods (except VP of course) that can be loaded together. (The OP list is ultra outdated)
If someone is interested send a private message and do not use this thread. Thanks.

There seems to be an incompatibility with the Community Patch and this version of EUI. When both mods are enabled, you cant click or even move your units. Is there gonna be a fix for this?

I installed this mod a couple years ago, and after trying it, I can no longer play without it. It gives me so much more information at a glance than vanilla, without needlessly obstructing my view or distracting me from the game itself. Also nice to see that you have continued to update it since my last Civ 5 binge. Well done.

I can't seem to buy tiles in the city view screen - the button on every tile from previous EUI versions is missing. V1.29beta43a

...I cannot move any units... Other mods: LEKMOD v20.2
Then LEKMOD is not compatible with EUI
;)Hi,big fan of your mod.I have used for 3 years.But I have a problem that the "TXT_KEY_EUI_BUILT_IN_X_CITIES" in game always shows "built in a city,building in a city."no matter how many this kind of buildings I have built.Don't mind my poor English:love:,I wonder how to solve it.
happy you like the mod !
your english is fine
to solve this requires more info : lua.log, localization.log, save game...
Im testing this with other mods (except VP of course) that can be loaded together. (The OP list is ultra outdated)
If someone is interested send a private message and do not use this thread. Thanks.
if you come up with a list don't hesitate to share and I will update the OP (the only mod I use is Acken's)
There seems to be an incompatibility with the Community Patch and this version of EUI. When both mods are enabled, you cant click or even move your units. Is there gonna be a fix for this?
Sorry, no
I installed this mod a couple years ago, and after trying it, I can no longer play without it. It gives me so much more information at a glance than vanilla, without needlessly obstructing my view or distracting me from the game itself. Also nice to see that you have continued to update it since my last Civ 5 binge. Well done.
thanks for sharing
I can't seem to buy tiles in the city view screen - the button on every tile from previous EUI versions is missing. V1.29beta43a
click on the coin upper left corner

Crash report, version v1.29beta43 (or v1.29beta42 ? downloaded the newest version ~5 days ago, so I guess it is v1.29beta43):
Played mutliplayer with 1 other player simultanously, I had EUI, the other not, no other mods. I had 2 crashes within 30 minutes, always when we both hit "next turn", so it crashed during the AI turn. After loading the last autosave, we were able to continue for ~30 minutes, and then again a crash during AI turn (or end/beginning of our turn). Unfortunately I neither have a save nor a log file, but a mdmp.
I was able to open the crash dump file with visual studio and the error message was sth like "tried to read/write to destination without rights".
Does this or the dump file helps you to solve the crash reason? Attached the mdmp file.

Civ 5 newest version with all DLCs. Windows 10.

After removing EUI we were able to play the same game several ours without any crash.
And of course I also like EUI very much, I always refuse to play without, so I hope you can find out the reason for crash.

Attachments

• civilizationv_403694_crash_2020_3_26T19_11_19C0.mdmp
    282.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
  1. What game version do you have? Latest (1.0.3.279)
  2. What expansions and DLC do you have? All
  3. Do you play on PC or Mac? PC
  4. Describe the problem. Tile doesn't show any information when my mouse pointer is hovering. It should show +1 food when researched something etc etc but nothing shows up. Not even default information from vanilla. I don't use any mod.
For both beta (v1.29beta44) and legacy EUI (v1_28g), this problem occurs.

2 weeks ago when I used this mod for the first time, mouse pointer wasn't showing unique unit / building information when you first start a game. But that part is working when I downloaded EUI again today. It's just that tile information is missing.

And Lua.log file only has this
[1452746.437] Initializing Lua 5.1.4

Thank you!

Attachments

• EUI error -no tile info.jpg
    EUI error -no tile info.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
2 weeks ago when I used this mod for the first time, mouse pointer wasn't showing unique unit / building information when you first start a game. But that part is working when I downloaded EUI again today. It's just that tile information is missing.
you dont see any tile tooltips at all, right? There are several settings for this. In the game settings itself is the delay for showing it. And I also saw somewhere a setting to not show any tooltip at all, not sure if it was also in the game settings, or if it was in the checkboxses next to the minimap.

you dont see any tile tooltips at all, right? There are several settings for this. In the game settings itself is the delay for showing it. And I also saw somewhere a setting to not show any tooltip at all, not sure if it was also in the game settings, or if it was in the checkboxses next to the minimap.
Thank you so much haha. I didn't know there were delays for tile info.
That fixed everything. Finally I get to use this mod. Really appreciate it!

Hi everyone. Can anyone advise me how to disable that huge unit icon and tooltip when i point cursor on it?

Last edited:
I've done a little testing, it seems to be working.
I saw that there's a red button in the upper right-hand corner of the city view.
This is used to close the city view from there.
It reminds me of one thing:
Would it be possible to close the city screen by right-clicking on the ground (like in the Endless Legend game) ? This would speeds up the ergonomics, there's no need to click on the "return" button like that.

Hey, guys,
I ran a test with all of Whoward's accumulated UI mods except the four you mentioned.
I removed others too, because I know EUI does that too.
All in all, everything is working fine. There's good compatibility in general, with a few details close by.
I have noticed the following problems, without knowing if the original mod has a problem, or if it is due to a conflict with EUI:
UI - Notification Options (v 13): makes the whole menu bar disappear.
UI - Promotion Tree (v 15): Unable to select the unit.
UI - Upgrade Tree (v 8): seems to screw up too.
UI - Auto Map Pins (v 4): not sure if it works. On the other hand, the Pin Manager works.
It can be useful for others to know this, and save time.

Hi bc1
This may sound a bit stupid but what if there is no 'Aspyr' folder in 'Documents' on my Mac? Are the two .xml files required or can they be directed somewhere else or can I just name the folder tree which you mentioned in your instructions under point 6?

I have used and loved the mod a lot before the Catalina update but this iOS-update seems to have caused some issues. Without the mod Civ 5 ran just fine but with the mod Civ 5 consequently crashes and I'm left at the desktop. Thank you in advance and thanks for this awesome mod (when it worked for me :) )

Hi bc1
This may sound a bit stupid but what if there is no 'Aspyr' folder in 'Documents' on my Mac? Are the two .xml files required or can they be directed somewhere else or can I just name the folder tree which you mentioned in your instructions under point 6?

I have used and loved the mod a lot before the Catalina update but this iOS-update seems to have caused some issues. Without the mod Civ 5 ran just fine but with the mod Civ 5 consequently crashes and I'm left at the desktop. Thank you in advance and thanks for this awesome mod (when it worked for me :) )
See this post. https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/enhanced-user-interface.512263/page-154#post-15600984

Top Bottom