Esnaz's Mod

Here is a huge BTS map of Europe for Esnaz's mod. My attemps at posting screen shots have resulted in failure thus far so anyone wishing to post one please feel welcome.

Playable civs are England, Celt(in Ireland), France, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, Lombards, Austria, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Ottoman.

Please feel free to post comments/suggestions for future improvement to starting locations, resources, play balance.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/32481/EsnazEurope.rar

I think an axeman with an obsidian axe blade (like the Egyptian axeman) could also be a good choice, because they were good with precious stone working.

Or go for something new and replace the Spy unit with "Indus Valley Trader", although I'm not sure in what way it should be unique.

that's a good idea, thanks for that. as for their UB, I was using a sewer, which I can see most other people who create that civ use. As for a leader, I found one, but it took a while: Shambara. He was known to be the leader of the Danu culture (with their central city at Harappa). He was also known as "Shambara and the Hundred Forts." He probably built them or something. If anyone has any other leader ideas for them, that would be great.

As for a leader, I found one, but it took a while: Shambara. I'm not sure if he's really a leader of the Indus Valley, but its the closes I could find. If anyone has any leader ideas for them, that would be great.

Harappan artifacts are notoriously lacking in their reference to rule and leadership. There is a famous statue referred to as the "Priest King", which gave rise to the assumption that such an arrangement existed. Most scholars doubt this was the case.

Instead, Harappan and the Indus Valley is thought to have been ruled by a Mercantile elite.

CIV Gold will use "Rishi" - a term meaning "scholar" - as a figurehead leader for the civilization.

Indus Sewer is, indeed, the UB, and "Priest King" will make an appearance as the UU.

"Priest King" will make an appearance as the UU.

Another possibility would be some type of ox-cart unit. The Harappans were known for their invention of it (i think, or at least they used it a lot). I was thinking either a settler or scout, as the Harappans gained a lot through trade. The only problem is that I'll have trouble getting the unit together (an ox pulling a cart...probably use a chariot and a cow w/horns or something)

I've played your mod several times, and its very nice. One thing though, I think that you should add a little more the Huszar pedia entry...its a little too general. Otherwise, great mod! the Yagan guy is really good

One thing that I definitely am disappointed with is the lack of comments on this thread, I worked months on this mod and it seems as if comments are being overlooked. The amount of downloads shouldn't support the amount of comments (the ratio of downloads to comments isn't good [not saying there should be 427 comments, but more than there are now]) :(

One thing that I definitely am disappointed with is the lack of comments on this thread, I worked months on this mod and it seems as if comments are being overlooked. The amount of downloads shouldn't support the amount of comments (the ratio of downloads to comments isn't good [not saying there should be 427 comments, but more than there are now]) :(

esnaz, my friend, modding is a thankless job! ;)

But your work here is excellent, and we'll be steal...um...using a lot of it in Gold 3.0 and 4.0. Don't be discouraged. I always focus on download numbers and the lack of negative feedback to gauge if people are happy.

Downloading now to take a look. :goodjob:

PS: Hey Wyz!

esnaz, my friend, modding is a thankless job! ;)

But your work here is excellent, and we'll be steal...um...using a lot of it in Gold 3.0 and 4.0. Don't be discouraged. I always focus on download numbers and the lack of negative feedback to gauge if people are happy.

Hmmm...never thought of it that way...thanks! :D

On another note, I've compiled a list of cities for the Goths, but most of the cities are those of their predecessors, the Wielbark and Cernjachov cultures who are the "pre-Goth" Goths. I was wondering if anyone knows of a reliable list (the current circulating ones aren't reliable, the Visigoth one is made up, as is the Ostrogoth one. As for the one in Amra's and others, their not just of cities, but of words in the Gothic Language [such as fairguni, meaning mountain], or just lands they've lived in [such as Scandza or Gotland]. Here's the list I've compiled:
HTML:
Árheimar
Vistula
Odessus
Noviodunum
Tomi
Basmachka
Alexandrovka
Rumarov
Sovari
Novie Gorodok
Feddersen Wierde
Reccopolis
Budesty
Victoriacum
Ologicus
Lugo id est Luceo
Cernjachov
Poltava
Kosanovo
Lepeskovka
Baiyara
Maslomecz
Grodek
Sobar
Lukasevka
Soloneceny
Kosnica
Veke
Rusjany
Kobuska
Zagajkany
Delakeau
Petrikany
Komrat
Dancu
Botosani
Jassy
Ionaseni
Odry
Kovel
Dahmsdorf-Munchenbaurgs
Szabadbattyan
Letcani
Mogosani
Olteni
Spantov
Izvorul
Independenta
Brilad-Valea Seaca

Any ideas or reliable lists people know of?

Amra said:
Downloading now to take a look.

PS: Hey Wyz!

Posted while I was editing... :mischief:

...As for the one in Amra's and others, their not just of cities, but of words in the Gothic Language [such as fairguni, meaning mountain], or just lands they've lived in [such as Scandza or Gotland].
To be honest, I used the city list from Calgacus' lists but I didn't try to verify all the names. I'm not sure if the Goths ever really founded a lot of cities. ;)

Be aware that if you ever use the Goths as a custom civilization, you have to address the overlap with the Goths barbaric uprising event (in XML/Events) which was introduced with BTS.

Be aware that if you ever use the Goths as a custom civilization, you have to address the overlap with the Goths barbaric uprising event (in XML/Events) which was introduced with BTS.
Helpful info, thanks Fierabras. :goodjob:

Thanks for that info, I forgot about that. I'll have to delete that event.

Thanks for that info, I forgot about that. I'll have to delete that event.

...or you can make a modular custom event which only overwrites this event and uses a different name for the barbaric tribe by changing the EVENT_TEXT. There are enough barbarians left to choose from :lol: . The ones already in use are:

- Goths
- Huns
- Vandals
- Vedic Aryans
- Philistines

Which reminds me...

If you are going to use Goths as a custom civilization, be aware (once again) that Goth is used twice as a city name in the cities list of CIVILIZATION_MINOR and CIVILIZATION_BARBARIAN. The same goes for Harappan as a custom civilization. I would suggest my Default Civs Front Loader to make these changes.

...or you can make a modular custom event which only overwrites this event and uses a different name for the barbaric tribe by changing the EVENT_TEXT. There are enough barbarians left to choose from :lol:...

If you are going to use Goths as a custom civilization, be aware (once again) that Goth is used twice as a city name in the cities list of CIVILIZATION_MINOR and CIVILIZATION_BARBARIAN. The same goes for Harappan as a custom civilization.

I can just replace their names and others that might be in there in the Barbarian civs. And same for the Random Event.

I can just replace their names and others that might be in there in the Barbarian civs. And same for the Random Event.

Correct. I would suggest creating files for the sole purpose of overwriting those default Firaxis definitions.

For example, create a file /Custom Civilizations/Goths/Default_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml and copy the definitions for CIVILIZATION_MINOR and CIVILIZATION_BARBARIAN and remove the entries for the Goth city name.

In this way you replace by overwrite and keep your module Plug & Play. I prefer to put Default_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml straight under /Modules/ though, so I can do more changes to the default Firaxis civs when needed for other modules.

Correct. I would suggest creating files for the sole purpose of overwriting those default Firaxis definitions.

For example, create a file /Custom Civilizations/Goths/Default_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml and copy the definitions for CIVILIZATION_MINOR and CIVILIZATION_BARBARIAN and remove the entries for the Goth city name.

In this way you replace by overwrite and keep your module Plug & Play. I prefer to put Default_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml straight under /Modules/ though, so I can do more changes to the default Firaxis civs when needed for other modules.

Thanks, thats an interesting way to do it...with the whole "Default" thing. Nice solution.

Top Bottom