Excluding Civs

AngelGabriel

Warlord
Playing a new FfH session can be pretty tedious if you're searching for a good starting position while having 15 Civs on a large map. Sometimes there are Civs I definitely don't want to spawn without having to adjust every AI civ by myself - especially since the randomness of civs is killed that way. There's a start in having a "no Basium" or "no Hyborem" option. Is it be possible to integrate these options for all other civs, too?

Fall Further has this option. FFH does not.

Fall Further is a modmod (mod of a mod) of Fall From Heaven. I'd suggest giving it a try if you want this kind of thing. The subforum is at the top of the FFH forum index

It's called Restrict REandom Civilizations. you'll find it at the top of the game options in the Custom Game screen. It opens a menu where you can disable various civs from AI control

Just for my own curiosity. What civs do you want to exclude and why?

I'm guessing, the Illians. Their worldspell, and world-messing-up rituals are annoying to some.

Ljosalfar and Khazad also tend to rush their respective religions, and make spreading any other religion much harder. I suspect it would be desireable to some, to disable those too.

Oh, and personally, I like to sometimes turn off the hippus/doviello/clan. When I feel like having a peaceful game

@Kael

In FF I'd like to exclude the Scions, cause they're not played properly by the AI right now.
In FfH Vanilla I don't like to play against Sheaim because of the pyre zombies (especially they're spamming them and walk over any civ they're in war with) and the ... Lanun (?) (that seafaring Civ) because mostly I don't have that much water on the map.

I really hate the Hippus. I've got no problems with Doviello or Illians, but the Hippus have backstabbed me for about every time they were in, the last four years or something, that I really can't stand them anymore. On the other hand: when they are in, I have a reason for razing citys. :)

I use the function fairly often, but generally just to exclude civs that were prominent in my previous game.

@Kael:

I always play all random civs, so if there were an option to exclude certain civs I doubt I would ever use it. I like the unpredictability of not knowing who you're going to encounter.

I like the option to exclude specific civs from being randomly chosen for the human player, for example I don't like playing as agnostic civs so I'd like to be able to say random human civs, excluding the Grigori and Illians. For the AI I can't think of any FfH civs I'd exclude.

I've frequently wished I could exclude the Elohim, Cassiel and Cardith because all they do is give free cities to the first person to declare war on them.

I've seen games where Elohim and Grigori were quite strong.

I got killed about three times by the Doviello yesterday. :lol: on higher difficulty it's really hard to get enough defenders around to fend off their starting troops should they decide to go after you. This is especially bad if you put in extra ai so that they begin close to you.
Personally I wouldn't want them off, though, I'll just go back to Monarch. :(

Top Bottom