Fall Further 050 Bug Report Thread

Will it still crash for you when just ending the turn outright (SHIFT + ENTER, or click on the AC)? And is it a specific unit with a specific tile to move to for the crash?

For the werewolves: I tested Baron, he does create new Ravenous. Tested Blooded, they also create new Ravenous and promote to Greater just fine. Tested Ravenous, not promoting and I do not THINK they are creating new ones, but since some died I can't be quite certain without testing again.

So the fields are working, just not in this particular case. So far I don't see WHY they aren't working either.

I would have suspected it was part of Enraged with how I made it more rigid about requiring that the unit do attack options, but even once calmed, the ravenous fail to upgrade. And besides that, by the time the upgrade is attempted, Enraged has already been removed from the unit.

Overall... PITA. Going to take some decent amount of time to trace down I am afraid, but hopefully it shows me some larger bug in the process, because everything LOOKS like it should work.

Few turns later, I find her going the opposite direction and Enraged.

Maybe it was something you said?

I can't think of anything within the Haunt/Haunted Lands process that have anything to do with Enraged...

What are all the ways a unit can become Enraged?

Maybe it was something you said?

I can't think of anything within the Haunt/Haunted Lands process that have anything to do with Enraged...

What are all the ways a unit can become Enraged?

Let me rephrase that, I found her crazed, and enraged as a side effect. Was feral also, and looking that up it's only available to animals? I have no idea how she got either.

Let me rephrase that, I found her crazed, and enraged as a side effect. Was feral also, and looking that up it's only available to animals? I have no idea how she got either.

My mistake, but same deal: As undead the HL effects shouldn't hit her, and none have anything to do (so far as I know) with crazed or feral. Same thing with the Haunt transformation.

But my question should certainly be revised: What are the sources of Crazed and Feral? (Not that I expect *you* to answer - I'm just fishing.)

For the werewolves: ...
So the fields are working, just not in this particular case. So far I don't see WHY they aren't working either.

I've just noticed the pedia is showing Creepers with a 0% chance to create a Ravenous Werewolf in combat. Last time I saw something like this - create on one unit not working, misplaced entry in another - the cause was comments in the XML.

As an FYI. I'm noticing summoned skeletons being affecting by HL terrain until you run through the gamut of selectable promotions sitting on them.

That pedia entry was weired, indeed. I wouldn't imagine creepers creating werewolves...

Anyway, I noticed that the workers can be ordered to create a farm on a tile that already has a farm on. I noticed it playing the scions after building a farm on a wheatfield. Out of curiocity, I pushed the button, and the workers started rebuilding the farm. A human player is unlikely to be affected by this, but the AI can be really handicapped...

As for the problems with the dowsing. I have managed to create it 3 times without problems after placing the /3GB switch in my boot file. Please check the thread for the possible MAF workaround for more details.

As an FYI. I'm noticing summoned skeletons being affecting by HL terrain until you run through the gamut of selectable promotions sitting on them.

I just tried an Adept summoning a skeleton on a HL plot and didn't see that. It's something we worked on recently, though. Which patch are you on? Any special circumstances? Do you see it other times? A Ghostwalker transforming to a Haunt or back, for example.

(I started a new game, used the WB to set down an Adept with Death I in a HL plot and summoned a skeleton. I'm using some post-E files, but I thought had the problem licked by E if not earlier.)

What is going on here? I'm not sure what is special about THIS city in that I cannot take/raze it. I am at war with Khazad and can't take it from them. The barbs can though, but then I cannot take it from the barbs either. :crazyeye:

No HN units involved. .50d

I am losing tons of Ravenous Werewolves. The unit killing most of them: plain ole barb Goblins.

1. They have a 50% bonus against Beast units, and, apparently, the werewolves are Beast units now.

2. Does this mean you can capture werewolves with subdue Beast?

3. Do recon units, like Goblins, have 50% bonuses against Animals and Beasts?

Sorry, but I am really getting confused with features in FF vs. FFH.

Were they inside your territory? Most of the lairs have been set up so that they cease spawning new units when they are in non-allied territory. On the forts this is possibly a decision which should be reversed, it was meant primarily for the animal lairs initially, but I slapped it on a few others which I suspected gave the AI an issue (most humans are smart enough NOT to settle right next to a goblin fort and then crank out workers and scouts while defending with a lone warrior...)

A lizard man and goblin fort are in my borders. They were outside the borders for at least a 100 turns but no spawnage. I understand the thinking about the AI though.

The following have occured to me:

1) Python Exception(Screenshot follows)
2)Missing entry for ghosthunter text when he is in the process of casting Mend Nature. It should be writing something like "Cannot move(4)" but instead writes TXT_....
3)The entry for the Haunt, states that it starts with Haunt. But when clicking on it, it displays the entry for the unit again. I checked to the promotions and abilities categories in civilopedia and did not find a "Haunt" entry...Is this known?
4)Anyway, the promotion on the Haunt itself, says it has a 5% chance to become a barbarian unit. However, at some point, it reverted back to the ghostwalker. Is this normal?
5)Haunted lands civilopedia entry is empty. However, the "chop forest" icon is lit when a worker is in a Haunted Lands tile. Does this mean workers can chop away Haunted lands?
6)The Reaching Creeper entry in the civilopedia is not updated to explain the Creeper cycle introduced with FF .50

xienwolf figured this out - it's a characteristic of the unit and doesn't really have anything to do with the promotion at all. It'll be corrected.

In that case you can add Angels of Death to the list of units that exhibit this behaviour (or at least I think one is doing it, but I never did a proper check and I don't have the game at hand right now...I assume you know if they have the same "characteristic")

Anyway, I noticed that the workers can be ordered to create a farm on a tile that already has a farm on. I noticed it playing the scions after building a farm on a wheat field. Out of curiosity, I pushed the button, and the workers started rebuilding the farm. A human player is unlikely to be affected by this, but the AI can be really handicapped...

I noticed this back in 0.43. It's not like the AI needs any more problems with how they build. I've noticed of late in all version of FfH, FF and especially Orbis that the AI is...well ******ed in what improvement it builds. For the most part I see them building forts in odd places, and this is especially bad in the Orbis mod. For the most part I see the AI building stuff on mana nodes and then never going back and upgrading them after the get any of the magical techs. Perhaps once the AI's automated workers build a farm (for example) on a mana node, the adept that is built later on can't 'see' there is a mana node to upgrade?

2)Missing entry for ghosthunter text when he is in the process of casting Mend Nature. It should be writing something like "Cannot move(4)" but instead writes TXT_....

I think xienwolf has this one fixed for the next release.

3)The entry for the Haunt, states that it starts with Haunt. But when clicking on it, it displays the entry for the unit again. I checked to the promotions and abilities categories in civilopedia and did not find a "Haunt" entry...Is this known?

Is it known that the pedia gets confused if you're lazy enough to give a promotion the same name as a unit? Yes. :)
EDIT: It's listed under "Effects."

4)Anyway, the promotion on the Haunt itself, says it has a 5% chance to become a barbarian unit. However, at some point, it reverted back to the ghostwalker. Is this normal?

Yeah - They revert fairly quickly to Ghostwalker. (1/5 chance per turn, IIRC.) If they turn barb. they never revert.

5)Haunted lands civilopedia entry..
6)The Reaching Creeper entry in the civilopedia ...

Thanks. I'll fix those and change the name of the Haunt promotion while I'm at it.

EDIT: Yes, workers can chop haunted lands.

I built The Nexus Wonder, but the Obsidian Gate remained in my build queue for my cities.

Not sure what I would get if I built one. ;)

I have encountered several bugs in 050 patch E and FfH patch s:

I am playing the Elohim race:

1. In a game with all unique features, there are three "Bradeline's Well" unique features in the game. Moving a unit onto the first copy I found changed all three copies to spirit mana (Elohim event for Bradeline's Well). There also does not appear to be a Brigit & the ring she is trapped in....not certain if other unique features are missing.

2. Crash to Desktop when moving a stack of units onto a hill in my own territory. Not repeatable.

3. Crash to Desktop when loading a saved game after already in a game. This started after the Infernals, Demons, and Stephanos spawned. No clue if it is related. Occurs every time with the attached save.

4. Crash to Desktop when exiting the game to the main menu. Occurs every time with the attached save.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0280.CivBeyondSwordSave
    437.7 KB · Views: 61
Got a quick question related to Civ in general. A lot of people (like me) tend to get these CtD later in the game. Some are playing huge games; some are playing with older games. Now over on the Rise of Mankind mod bug thread, I see some people talking about a MAF fix. To my Luddite eyes, it seems like there is a limit of 2MB of RAM that the game will accept regardless of what you have.

No elsewhere in that thread it appears this might be a 'base' Firaxis issue and not really fixable by us. However, some people have posted MAF fixes. What is your take on this? While I have an older machine, it was really powerful for it's time and still from a RAM point of view pretty good. So maybe many of us are having these CtD's because Civ isn't recognized/using all the RAM it could. I agree with the guy who originally came up with a MAF fix when he said all his other graphic intense games run fine, but Civ conks out.

I'd really like to know what's going on because it is still a rare game that I get to finish without the game conking out.

3. Crash to Desktop when loading a saved game after already in a game. This started after the Infernals, Demons, and Stephanos spawned. No clue if it is related. Occurs every time with the attached save.

I've noticed that the game often crashes after multiple loading from a saved game.

Top Bottom