Fall Further 051 Bug Report Thread

Don't know if it has been changed already (this is source from Patch A or B), but is it intended that passive xp training works on all units, even if they aren't on the same team? Maybe adding some if(getTeam()==pCity->getTeam()) check?

Code:
int CvUnit::getSpellCasterXP() const
{
/*************************************************************************************************/
/**	CasterXP 								05/25/08								Xienwolf	**/
/**																								**/
/**					Completely Revised Training System is hijaking this function				**/
/*************************************************************************************************/
/**								---- Start Original Code ----									**
    if (!m_pUnitInfo->isFreeXP())
    {
        return 0;
    }
	return m_iSpellCasterXP;
/**								----  End Original Code  ----									**/
    int iXPCap = 0;
    if (plot() != NULL)
	{
		CvCity* pCity = plot()->getPlotCity();
		if (pCity != NULL)
		{
			iXPCap += pCity->getTrainXPCap(getUnitCombatType());
		}
	}
	if (!(getUnitCombatType() == (UnitCombatTypes)GC.getDefineINT("WORKER_UNITCOMBAT") && GC.getGameINLINE().isOption(GAMEOPTION_NO_WORKER_XP)))
	{
		if (m_pUnitInfo->isFreeXP() || isGetCasterXP())
		{
			iXPCap += m_iSpellCasterXP;
		}
	}

return iXPCap;
/**	CasterXP 									END												**/
}

Not sure if that should be checked or not. In some cases you can argue that open borders implies open training yards, in other cases you can arugue that we shouldn't be teaching the invisible defensive-Only enemy units how to kill us better. Maybe just a check for isEnemy() would work as well, but not sure if Vehem would prefer to require full team alliance instead of just permission to enter.

I'd say allow units belonging to civs you have open borders with, and not ones which are ignoring closed borders because they can.

This may very well be intentional, but dispel magic doesn't remove the Feral promotion. It makes mutating units for non-barbarian civs less attractive, because this is a frequently-bestowed promotion by the spell.

While searching a shipwreck, my caravel came upon a portal and was given the option of leaving it be or venturing further. I'm the adventurous Austrin, so of course I stepped into oblivion and... (see attachment).

I only did a cursory search of the bugs in the first post (ctrl-f shipwreck or portal), so my apologies if this was reported already.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 99
Many apologies in advance if this has been covered. I did my best to search for an answer (unfortunately I wasn't entirely sure what to actually look for) and even after a lot of lurking I still don't totally understand all the lingo so it's possible I'm just overlooking.

My problem, which I have only seen with FF, can best be described like this- At the beginning of some turn (the last time it happened it was turn 240) all the 'Command' icons will disappear from the bottom box. Mousing over units or terrain will not display any info. If I click into a city, then exit, the city info "frame" will remain, and the active unit will be shown in the center window. Basically, I can't really do anything at this point. Is this something others have encountered? Again, apologies if I missed a discussion on this.

Many apologies in advance if this has been covered. I did my best to search for an answer (unfortunately I wasn't entirely sure what to actually look for) and even after a lot of lurking I still don't totally understand all the lingo so it's possible I'm just overlooking.

My problem, which I have only seen with FF, can best be described like this- At the beginning of some turn (the last time it happened it was turn 240) all the 'Command' icons will disappear from the bottom box. Mousing over units or terrain will not display any info. If I click into a city, then exit, the city info "frame" will remain, and the active unit will be shown in the center window. Basically, I can't really do anything at this point. Is this something others have encountered? Again, apologies if I missed a discussion on this.
g
try saving and reloading when it happens. Podssibly also restarting the game,

g
try saving and reloading when it happens. Podssibly also restarting the game,

I tried saving and reloading after it did it. It's still doing it.

Are you using the Religious HUD option? And do you have python exceptions enabled?

I'm afraid I don't know what the Religious HUD option is :( I don't think I have any python exceptions enabled, but honestly I probably wouldn't know if I did. The only things I ever changed were some of the options in the custom game screen. But nothing major, just stuff like 'Advanced Start' and "Barbarian Cities'.

I took a screencap of what the main screen looks like when it happens, but apparently Photobucket is down right now...

You have to modify your .ini for Civ itself to see python exceptions. Instructions for how to do so are in the FfH bug thread on the first post. It is quite likely that you are getting one, and knowing what it says would help. (You'd get a popup when the screen disappears).

Religious HUD is one of the game options like Advanced Start, way down near the bottom. It makes your GUI change when you follow a religion.

I would say you don't have the latest patch. That is an error from when we had unique versions of the Great Generals trying to show icons because some buildings still gave points toward GG.

Hmmm, I just uninstalled, re-downloaded and reinstalled FF a few days ago to see if that helped (it didn't, obviously). Would I still need the patch? Thanks for your help!

Top Bottom