Fall Further 051 Bug Report Thread

OK, I dl'd the patch (and became acquainted with the phrase "save break"!) and started a new game. Let's see if this does it. Thanks to all for the advice.

Game closes after turn 303 and 308 without any message, just desktop.
Both concerns the Scions of Patria(Korinna) AI-Player.

303 was solved when i deleted the cities Abissen and Luiross in the worldbuilder.

308 she attacked the city of Properu and i made peace the turn before and there was no gamecrash.

I dont see a context only that both have anything to do with the Scions?!

Savegame303 http://rapidshare.de/files/48805748/Rainer_Runde_0303.CivBeyondSwordSave.html

Savegame308 http://rapidshare.de/files/48805755/Rainer_Runde_0308.CivBeyondSwordSave.html

i play in german if that is any difference

Desperatly trieing to get a multiplayer game going with a friend. We keep getting OSS errors. They are rare in the begining, but from the midgame on we get them nearly every turn. Here the OSS log from our last game.
player0.zip
player1.zip

If you need any other log files just say which one

P.S.
Grats on the awesome mod you produced!

Thanks for the data, it will quite possibly prove useful for us in the rebuild. Just wanted to state though that we are in Hiatus mode for a ground-up rebuild of the mod, so you won't get any DIRECT help with solving this unless it seems to be caused by something which can be fixed with simple instructions posted here. Ideally after the rebuild we'll be insanely stable and fast, with minimal OOS issues beyond those found in base FfH (which hopefully are mostly fixed by the time we finish ;))

Do you want me to post the OOS log from some other games?

Is there any eta on the new version yet?

I am a halfways skilled programmer, so if you tell me which module causes the error and where i can find it i can try to make some patchwork on myself :).

Game is crashing to the desktop for me. not sure why. Happens every time I try to play.

Attached is my last save right before crash.

Attachments

• newsave3.CivBeyondSwordSave
    283.7 KB · Views: 64
Game freezes whenever I try to start any game on initialization,

Consistent crash going from turn 197 to 198. Even going back a few turns and advancing the turns I get the same crash.

Edit: going into world builder, I tracked it down to the Gregori on this file. My suspicion is that it might have something to do with a great person event, but I am not sure how to track that down exactly.

Edit 2: It seems to be strictly a Midgar thing. No crash when that city was deleted. However, there was a crash when Junon was deleted and Midgar kept.

Attachments

• Risen Emperor Turn_0137.CivBeyondSwordSave
    549.8 KB · Views: 55
Game crash without messages:

Attachments

• Fall from Heaven.CivBeyondSwordSave
    325.7 KB · Views: 105
in FF 051 A (I believe) CvTechInfo::readPass3() isn't updated to True Modular system. Maybe already fixed, don't know.

My games use to be crushed like some of you said:

I'm kicked to desktop without reason or warning when I pass the turn.
Being Hipus, Scions, Clans, Malakim and the vampires (can't remember their name). So the chosen civ isn't relevant.

- About the causes: I have no idea. My CPU isn't really good, but I'm plenty of RAM and GPU. Also BTS, TAM, FfH never crushes like that, so, as far as I know is a Fall Further 051 issue.

- I use to sneak the crush by:
1 - Loading the last autosave.​
1 A - Whatever I do, the game crushes every single time in the same turn. I'm doomed to forget this game.​
1 B - Sometimes, when I try other actions the game doesn't crush. I keep playing and I never had the same error by second time in one game (as far as I tested). EDITED: It crushes when it wants, four times with normal map, being malakim with 4 clans cities (clan is terminated), 9 malakim cities, one vassal and five foes.​

RE-EDITED: Most of the times that this game crushes is just after trading maps. So it could be one of the crusher event, the reason may be overwhelmed CPU / RAM or some type of 'Fall Further 051 updating map issue'. I hope this post is test-helpful.

By the way, this is my favourite mod. It's just awesomely awesome. Thanks guys!

It seems that the mem allocation error when loading still occurs for me from time to time. Every now and then when I load a save it gives me an error and crashes, reloading the save works fine though.

This errror is still alive and annoying. I always get these memory allocation error with every game after about 20-30 turn. later the game it appears every 3-8 turn.

it appears always in conjunction with "graphic operations", like loading a game, opening an advisor or the civilopedia.

i get this error with different civics and also with the rife mod but not with the origional ffh mod.

i like this mod very much, but this error is very frustrating.

Funny stuff: on low graphic settings malakim workers are holding second axe in adddition to whatever tool they use, and with frozen animations on all units revert to original bts appearances

I think malloc error occurs simply because of insufficient memory present - not sure which type but presume that video - because im getting it only when loading maps like 204x128 with 28 civs on my Athlon64 2GB ram geforce 9600gt

Yes, MAF are a bit of a hardware issue, which software is written to dodge typically. So if you tweak your settings (link in sig) you can avoid them.

Frozen Animations has always had the issue of reversion of a non-mobile unit to BtS types, it is due to how the artists borrow frames to make the work quicker. The low settings double-item is a tad new/interesting. It is due to the attack animations for the workers I would imagine.

Cage trap on 'stoneface' lair not worked, my 2 units walked out of it
- btw that box looks just inappropriate and ugly
Save included.

Attachments

• cage bug Turn_0244.CivBeyondSwordSave
    694.8 KB · Views: 79
Top Bottom