• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Fall Further - Download and Current Changelog

I had the same problem, but I managed to get around it. Here's what I did:

The installer seemed to be convinced that FFH was installed to C:\Games\Civ IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods, despite it actually being on the F: drive (same path otherwise). I'm not entirely sure why that was the case. At any rate, I simply created an otherwise empty path at c:\Games\Civ IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods, and dropped in a copy of my Fall from Heaven 2 040, then ran the installer.

It completed without a hitch, so I then copied the installed Fall Further 050 to the f: path, and the game runs just fine.

No clue why it makes me need to do it this way, but at least it worked. *shrugs*

Just noticed this. I'll give it a run and see if I find any bugs. Something weird about the Worldbuilder, I heard, but, meh.

Also, Magister, Arquibuses, were the be-all end-all transition from bows to guns. Giving them a negative first strike wouldn't really make sense. They were not really that slow. Especially since just like Musketeers, they had one solider fire while another reloaded. :)

This is why guns actually worked. :)
I think.:crazyeye: Because otherwise they would be beat senseless by knights, in a forest/jungle. And we all know how bad knights are at fighting in a forest.
To the above poster, you could have just edited the installation path to F: drive, right?

Victory conditions are all on by default, but then it remembers which ones you have selected after that. Since Lightning are listed last, if you don't touch them yourself on first launch, lightning are all enabled.

And yes, Lightning Cultural comes VERY fast. Maybe I should increase the number of cities required for that one (but they are called lightning for a reason, you are meant to have to struggle to hinder others more than to struggle to build yourself on Lightning Levels). But really I only wrote up a third one to make sure that mod-modders realized you could have as many "conflicting" conditions as you want.

There's a lot of cool features in this version -- kudos on all that.

The game does run very slow though. Turn 1 took 5 seconds for the AI (whereas, it used be almost instantaneous in earlier versions). At turn 100, I waited about 15 seconds per turn for the AI's cycle, and that's with a standard size erebus map. I hate to think how long turns would be at 400+.

Change the install path to the path you have BtS installed. As I can see from your screenshots, you have the game installed to your documents and settings folder, instead of your program files folder. So, you must type the path shown on your windows explorer window, to the game installation window(just copy - paste).

Great, loads of new stuff ! But I'm curious too, as it is the first time the version of FFH is not precised ? patch q ?

i am having a slight problem. everything installed correctly (i think). but when i go to start a game it starts initializing. but when it starts to load the graphics the game crashes. happened to me 4 times now. even after setting the world size to small with just 2 civs it still crashed. also in the civilopedia none of the units have images. not sure if that has anything to do with it though.

Edit: Figured it out. was a problem caused by trying to nocd patch BTS... didn't know what was wrong till i searched around a bit. and i hadn't played Civ for a while so wasn't sure if i did something wrong installing FF or not. anyway its all better now :D

Great, loads of new stuff ! But I'm curious too, as it is the first time the version of FFH is not precised ? patch q ?

It's based on the default release (unpatched) but most of the patch features are copied across to the FF distro.

Regarding the install paths, the installer checks the registry for the BtS install directory and uses that to find FfH2. If the registry entry is inaccurate (game has been moved or reinstalled without proper reinstall), it may get confused...

There's a lot of cool features in this version -- kudos on all that.

The game does run very slow though. Turn 1 took 5 seconds for the AI (whereas, it used be almost instantaneous in earlier versions). At turn 100, I waited about 15 seconds per turn for the AI's cycle, and that's with a standard size erebus map. I hate to think how long turns would be at 400+.

I agree with both comments.

It has many new features to discover, and that is half the fun IMO. :)

However, as Ambreville said, it is much slower than a comparable FFH .40 game. I use exactly the same selection of options and I would say my wait for my turn is more than 30 seconds around Turn 300 at epic speed. The map is only about 1/2 full and, yes, I am using the Barbarian World option.

I also cannot imagine what it will be like when the map is full and that should happen in about another 200 turns the way the AI expanding. ;)

So, I have to reinstall FFH 0.4 to install FF if I have already patched to q ? What a hassle, the youngsters nowadays, no respect for .... (wanders away, grumbling in his beard)

The most likely major slowdown culprit is the move to a max number of players of 50. I will see if there are many times where it cycles all players for something and doesn't first check if the player is actually alive, then does work which shouldn't matter unless the player is (or ever was).

And for installation, I downloaded the packet and installed it with my Q patched version of FfH 2, and things seem fine so far.

Just want to say I appreciate this mod man. I can't stop playing it. My wife/family/friends/job miss me.
I know its a mod - mod... but damn there is a lot here.

The most likely major slowdown culprit is the move to a max number of players of 50. I will see if there are many times where it cycles all players for something and doesn't first check if the player is actually alive, then does work which shouldn't matter unless the player is (or ever was).

Hey Xienwolf, any chance you guys could come up with an optional DLL that would allow for a more reasonable max number of players (maybe 12 or less), for those of us who run the game on limited hardware/memory? I typically run games with a standard map size and less than ten civs, specifically because of the requirements for FfH and FF. At this point, FF is not really an option for me anymore considering how much slower the game has become. Pity...

Yeah the new needed processing for 50 players (never used anyway or?) murders performance and made our MP-Game nearly immpossible.

Also, dunno if it is a constant bug, but a kutiran city of mine, keept loseing food - just like if it would be a settelment, but i only had this 1 real city (advanced start - can only start with 1 "real").

And yeah so my capital (Yes it was a real city!) with a 3 plotradius and nice +3 food tiles around it went from 7 pop to 1 pop in like 10 turns...

Top Bottom