• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Fall Further - Download and Current Changelog

Arg, patch L already? My jotnar game hasn't even reached iron working yet :(

What changes, exactly, cause savegames to break? Would it be possible to post an alternate version of L without the save breaking stuff? It's really unusual to release another patch so soon after the last one, and one that breaks saves at that.

Pretty much anything that touches XML will shatter a savegame - and I think Patch L is fixing the Jotnar to work how they're supposed to. So it's probbaly better to restart and take L.

Also gives the lizardfolk the ability to build on their jungles again.

but... I got orthus' axe in this one ;-;

don't mind too much about the lizardmen.
I'm sure there are some xml changes that don't break things. I've added a new spell before, and that worked fine. And adjustments to units don't seem to cause problems either. I do that all the time.

I see spiders got nerfed.

My complaints weren't really about spiders in general, but barbarian spiders.
Maybe it would be a good idea to seperate the wild, and archos ones, into two different units. and make the archos spiders stronger.

I see spiders got nerfed.

My complaints weren't really about spiders in general, but barbarian spiders.
Maybe it would be a good idea to seperate the wild, and archos ones, into two different units. and make the archos spiders stronger.

The problem you described was that it's very difficult to hunt them down and deal with them, so that's the one that was addressed. The Archos ones still fill the role that they're designed for very nicely (harassment and attack).

I have no problem with Barbarian units being as tough or difficult to deal with as those belonging to a standard civilization, but you were right that it shouldn't need that many units to deal with a single spider. That holds true for both Archos and Barbarians.

You forgot something again

Wild spiders gain strength over time. Archos ones don't.

Also, with the Archos Spiders, you can at least know that you can get rid of them by killing the archos. And that they're only going to be found around Archos territory.

I'd say wild spiders are, on the whole, stronger than archos ones. That doesn't really seem right to me.

Also I think that with the current concept they should be changed from spiders to something else. The whole idea of a spider is to lay web and wait for victim, so their defensive strength should be more than offensive.

Also I think that with the current concept they should be changed from spiders to something else. The whole idea of a spider is to lay web and wait for victim, so their defensive strength should be more than offensive.

Making them something other than spiders would not be a good idea, I think

But that's an excellent case for the Webspininng spiders regaining defensive bonuses, and having a higher def. strength than normal.

In this archive are fixed nifs
Each of Them should go in Fall Further 050\Assets\Art\Units\Civs\Jotnar\***\ folders where *** is the name of appropriate unit (TrollWild, TrollHunter and TrollElder).

Attachments

• trolls.rar
    91.2 KB · Views: 56
In this archive are fixed nifs
Each of Them should go in Fall Further 050\Assets\Art\Units\Civs\Jotnar\***\ folders where *** is the name of appropriate unit (TrollWild, TrollHunter and TrollElder).

I'm definitely no artist - I just switched the base model to be a chaos marauder instead of the "stumpy-warrior" that caused the animations to be "off" (I originally used a normal warrior, but it looked too much like a warrior...)

We will try patch L this weekend mulitplayer. We gave up on patch K with early CTD's.

Hey, Vehem, I don't remember do Austrin have an unique monument graphics?..
If not, since they are tied to winds, travelling and stuff, how about a monument with an eagle?
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10888

I just thought it could be handy. If you need it reskinned it's a matter of few minutes for me.

For lack of a better place to post this, I'll put it here... Any particular reason the Arctic Deer aren't called Caribou?

Localization issues really - Caribou is pretty much a North American name for them (derived from a combination of French and Native Canadian). As such, it's not a name I've ever really used for them and I wanted to avoid "Reindeer" for the "Santa Claus Effect".

Trying Patch L right now.....

My "Jotnar-Workers" and "Jotnar-Citizens" gain XP but can`t be promoted :confused:. The "Jotnar-Citizens" need to be changed to a different unit (Wild Troll) to make use of the XP.

..... and my "Wild Troll" can`t capture a spider (he owns the "Subdue-Animal"-Promotion) :crazyeye: !

Attachments

• Ancus Marcius Turn_0110.CivBeyondSwordSave
    103 KB · Views: 35
Hart, Cervidae, Elk

Trying Patch L right now.....

My "Jotnar-Workers" and "Jotnar-Citizens" gain XP but can`t be promoted :confused:. The "Jotnar-Citizens" need to be changed to a different unit (Wild Troll) to make use of the XP.

Citizens are going to stay that way, the workers will be able to level up.

..... and my "Wild Troll" can`t capture a spider (he owns the "Subdue-Animal"-Promotion) :crazyeye: !

Is he still Hidden Nationality? HN units can't capture...

Top Bottom