Fall Further - The Original Thread

5. Reworked MainInterface to track current HUD and Religion settings (reduces overhead slightly - not sure if it will have an impact on the speed - feedback welcomed)

I'm still seeing that small, chronic pause. It reminds me a lot of the sort of pause I'd get after making a mistake with an "if" statement in a python file while also not having python pop-ups on. I'd get sluggish unit selection, for example, and when moving units the game would freeze for a moment before the unit entered the destination square.

The current problem is much like that, but the freeze-up doesn't last as long.

EDIT: Civlopedia problem was of my problem.

It's basically just an idea from the "Khazad/Food Crisis" thread in the main forum. Whilst I'm not sure the Khazad specifically need a significant change, the underuse of Windmills/Watermills seems to suggest that they'd be better off further down the tech tree. I still don't think they're going to outshine the standard cottages/mines/farms, but at least they give a few more options for the initial cities (by the time they turn up normally, most cities have been founded in locations that suit the farm/cottage/mine set)

Maybe Dwarves can build a "Mushroom/Fungus" farm in hills to represent underground farming. I know it's a silly idea, but in fantasy novels, you always see dwarves living in hills with little food resources so unless they are carnivorous and just eat mountain goats and fish from the mountain streams, they must have some sort of underground farming. Maybe they use mirrors to divert sunlight into these farm caverns.

Wandering Sages currently require Syliven's Perfect Lyre to build - seems likely they're meant to need the Silver Circle, no?

Wandering Sages currently require Syliven's Perfect Lyre to build - seems likely they're meant to need the Silver Circle, no?

I forgot about that: I looked at the XML and it seems like it should work, the prereq building is Silver Circle HQ. :eek:

[to_xp]Gekko;7182698 said:
I've got the civilopedia issue too, is it the scions causing it?

Yep. On line 8859 of CIV4PromotionInfos.xml "-->" needs to be deleted. :rolleyes:

I'll update the download.

I forgot about that: I looked at the XML and it seems like it should work, the prereq building is Silver Circle HQ. :eek:

Should *almost* work.

Code:
<PrereqBuilding>BUILDING[color=red]CLASS[/color]_SILVER_CIRCLE_HQ</PrereqBuilding>

Apparently the number that refers to the BUILDINGCLASS for Silver Circle is the same as the number for the BUILDING Sylven's Perfect Lyre.

If you want the quick fix, Civ4UnitInfos.xml, Wandering Sage unit.

Code:
<PrereqBuilding>BUILDING_SILVER_CIRCLE_HQ</PrereqBuilding>

Otherwise it'll be in Patch G.

Thanks.

And - Gar, I thought I'd checked for that. More coffee tomorrow!

Heh - I was equally convinced that I'd checked the building prereqs when I made the unit in the first place (actually can't remember if I reimplemented that or just copied the entry from Apepis's module). Caffeine does sound like a good idea though...

I know that I was completely lost. I was looking for how it was shifting the index by 1, then I finally decided to check in the BuildingInfos to see if it was +1 or -1 and found they were NOWHERE NEAR EACH OTHER.

Amusing bug :)

Playing as Arendel Phaedra, Ljosalfar. Patch F.

1. The event that let me buy some orc mercs, gave me a Ogre with orc promotion, a mercenary with orc promotion and a lizardman with elven promotion.

2. Founded and using leaves religion and have NO HUD! Looks strange. :crazyeye:

3. I have played lots of games 500 - 600 turns with no problem. But every time Hyborem enters the game, a couple of turns later i get ctd without warning. Why? :sad:

Patch F. When exiting to Main Menu and starting a new game, interface turns "transparent" and is hard to see. Never seen something like it before.

Playing as Arendel Phaedra, Ljosalfar. Patch F.

1. The event that let me buy some orc mercs, gave me a Ogre with orc promotion, a mercenary with orc promotion and a lizardman with elven promotion.

2. Founded and using leaves religion and have NO HUD! Looks strange. :crazyeye:

3. I have played lots of games 500 - 600 turns with no problem. But every time Hyborem enters the game, a couple of turns later i get ctd without warning. Why? :sad:

The Hyborem thing is probably burning Ice. Ought to be fixed next FfH patch I imagine.

The interface issues are the attempt at speeding up the interface switch when entering City Screen going screwey. I'm re-writing the whole file right now so hopefully I happen to clear up the current bugs in the process.

Patch F. When exiting to Main Menu and starting a new game, interface turns "transparent" and is hard to see. Never seen something like it before.

my interface becomes transparent when loading a game ( patch F, latest scions ) . it goes back to normal after some turns though :confused:

some more tests on the disapparing interface show that it comes back 1) when a random event happens 2) as soon as you open city view screen, sorry if this is not useful :p

[to_xp]Gekko;7183666 said:
some more tests on the disapparing interface show that it comes back 1) when a random event happens 2) as soon as you open city view screen, sorry if this is not useful :p

Makes sense actually - not quite what was intended but I can understand why it's doing it now - thanks.

Xienwolf mentioned in an earlier post that he's rewriting the MainInterface (he's really the expert on interfaces after all the work he did on the religious HUDs).

Top Bottom