Fall Patch changes discussion thread

Are you sure? It says that a city doesn't even need a Hanse to benefit from the bonus:
So you could just build a single Hanse to get the bonus everywhere? :confused: I guess I'd have to see it in action to clear this confusion...

I think they mean you don't have to originate the trade route from the city with the Hanse to get the bonus.

Are you sure? It says that a city doesn't even need a Hanse to benefit from the bonus:
So you could just build a single Hanse to get the bonus everywhere? :confused: I guess I'd have to see it in action to clear this confusion...

I think it means it counts all trade routes to city states even if that trade route with a city state is in a city without a hanse.

I think Hanse works like this - no matter which German city sends the trade route to CS, any city with Hanse receives +5% production, to a maximum of 50% ultra late game (10 trade routes max with Petra and Colossus) for each city with Hanse.

So let's pretend you have 3 trade routes available. Hamburg built Hanse. Berlin and Frankfurt don't have one, but each of them sends a TR to a CS, with Berlin sending two. Hamburg gets +15% production, Berlin and Frankfurt don't. They'll receive it when they get a Hanse (assuming 3 German trade routes still go to trade with CS)

Overall... A truly badass UB. Thrice as badass with Freedom's +influence per CS trade route tenet. I do like it a lot, even if UA is pretty much as it were.

I think Hanse works like this - no matter which German city sends the trade route to CS, any city with Hanse receives +5% production, to a maximum of 50% ultra late game (10 trade routes max with Petra and Colossus) for each city with Hanse.

So let's pretend you have 3 trade routes available. Hamburg built Hanse. Berlin and Frankfurt don't have one, but each of them sends a TR to a CS, with Berlin sending two. Hamburg gets +15% production, Berlin and Frankfurt don't. They'll receive it when they get a Hanse (assuming 3 German trade routes still go to trade with CS)

Overall... A truly badass UB. Thrice as badass with Freedom's +influence per CS trade route tenet. I do like it a lot, even if UA is pretty much as it were.

Interesting. So it basically turns Germany into a civ that will only trade with city-states. Hmm.. reminds of trade routes inside the Holy Roman Empire.

Hanseatic league. That's probably the point.

A lot of good changes, but REALLY disappointed that nothing was done about Consulates. I feel like I have to play house rules and force myself not to take this every game because it is so incredibly powerful (and it doesn't scale well - it's even more powerful on larger maps).

Even something as simple as a switch between consulates and Papal Primacy (+15 for consulates, +20 for Papal Primacy)

Did they not change the default thresholds?

City-State Influence: Cleaned up influence calculations when a City-State is killed, to ensure a future liberator will be the undisputed ally and receive the intended reward.

Ally influence is set to 45 (becomes Friends).
Friends influence is set to 15 (becomes Neutral).
Neutral influence is set to 0.
Negative influence remains as it was.
When liberated, the liberator's influence is set to 150 (becomes Ally).

Actualyl, what does that even mean? I dno't think it's thresholds.. lol

I think these are the values which are applied after a CS has been liberated.

I'm pretty satisfied with the changes. Although, how would this change up the strategy for Japan? Would you still go a war-mongering route or try to culture up go for tourism and use zeroes to protect your cities?

Did they not change the default thresholds?

City-State Influence: Cleaned up influence calculations when a City-State is killed, to ensure a future liberator will be the undisputed ally and receive the intended reward.

Ally influence is set to 45 (becomes Friends).
Friends influence is set to 15 (becomes Neutral).
Neutral influence is set to 0.
Negative influence remains as it was.
When liberated, the liberator's influence is set to 150 (becomes Ally).

Actualyl, what does that even mean? I dno't think it's thresholds.. lol

Pretty sure that's just for remembering influence once a conquered city-state is liberated? The wording is not entirely clear though...

How does a Samurai build a boat? How long does it take? Does it require resources?

I assume that a Samurai doesn't merely just build a fishing boat at a shore (like a Praetorian building a road), but must embark onto the fishing site in question and build from there? If not, then what's to prevent Japan from building like a hundred fishing ships for no real reason?

I just lol'd at the line. Seems like a wacky change no matter how it works.

The Tourism changes make a tourism/war monger strategy super effective, and the changes to warmongering make it more viable.

Hanse will be really strong, if you can be trading with four or five city states that's +20-25% production in your cities, coupled with cheap army maintenance. If it came any earlier it'd be OP, but banks still come late enough it's just cool.

Japan getting culture from fishing boats and atolls will offer some flexibility, reason to settle some islands.

Piety got a nice boost, extra gold from temples is quite valuable given how hard it can be to generate gold. The chance of a great writing in a hidden site is also nice, makes finishing exploration more fun.

I still think America needs a slight buff, but other than that I think every civ is nicely competitive.

The changes to Germany/Japan aren't exactly what I hoped for, but still an improvement.

The additional benefits from Tourism sound awesome and I'm really glad to see more Pantheons added so that all of the luxury/bonus resources are getting some love. Changes to the war-mongering penalty are definitely welcomed.

On world maps where there a lot of atolls, Japan will be a force to be reckoned with. On the map that I'm making, there are islands in the Pacific where there are 8 atolls in range... I do not plan to reduce them due to this change: on the contrary, I'm going to enjoy playing with Japan and being a super-wide cultural powerhouse! :D

Good to see the notes. I haven't downloaded the patch yet, but there are some nice changes. I am disappointed that Diplomatic Victory has simply been made harder rather than being completely overhauled, which IMO it needs. It's just not fun at the moment. Also we could have done with some new World Congress resolutions - there have been some interesting suggestions posted on here.

Also, would anyone happen to have a list of the new Great Works?

Top Bottom