Fallen Enchantress

Please, please, get rid of many of the anti-expansion blocks in this game. Namely, the lack of fertile tiles, the gigantic pot holes in the world that ruin the feeling of an empire building game, and especially the way razing a city permanently destroys fertility around it.

I've never heard the term "anti-expansion blocks" before, but I *love* having them. That's what makes every game different, having to adapt to such circumstances. Also, I love the idea that razing a city has a big negative effect there, it's not just a minor, temporary annoyance. Now, maybe there should be less early game risk, at least at lower difficulties.

There's not really much to adapt around... There's only so much prime real estate in the game and it turns into an insane land grab after the first 10-20 turns because pioneers only need a bit of production and easily fall within the 3 turn minimum.

After playing into a late game I've found that the permanent unrest penalty for conquest isn't nearly that bad once you built supporting structures and there's even a (extremely expensive) spell to get rid of unrest permanently. That, and first demolishing buildings then razing the city tends to limit the damage, so overall I'm happier with it.

I remember thinking during the hundreds of hours I played FFH, "I really want to pay Kael for this." Yes, there was the link for charitable donations, and I did donate in honor of the team, but now to have the option to actually give Kael money for his work? Yeah, I'm ordering this.

Just preordered and downloaded the beta, and after an hour of dinking around I have to say... wow. Definitely feeling the influence of FFH, but with so much more detail and depth. This looks really impressive, Kael & Jon. Looking forward to seeing how it develops.

Just preordered and downloaded the beta, and after an hour of dinking around I have to say... wow. Definitely feeling the influence of FFH,

yeah like when you see a bus n 254 passing on the road and "oh the destiny im just born on 2-5-2004 " ;)

Just preordered and downloaded the beta, and after an hour of dinking around I have to say... wow. Definitely feeling the influence of FFH, but with so much more detail and depth. This looks really impressive, Kael & Jon. Looking forward to seeing how it develops.

Just for kicks: get the original Elemental from somewhere and play it. Tell us how it compares and if you understand our scepticism. :)

Just for kicks: get the original Elemental from somewhere and play it. Tell us how it compares and if you understand our scepticism. :)

Err, no offense, but if you want to be skeptical, you don't have to defend your decision to me. Go for it. I'm not trying to make a case that everyone needs to get this game. The only point of my last couple posts was to thank Kael for his work on FFH, and then to express to him (and Jon) how pleased and impressed I was with the beta I tried out (and ended up playing until 4am, dang it!).

Kael, Cities in FE are very easy to conquer. It is also very easy to build pioneers and expand fast. Overall nice feeling of FFH2 is lost. Please do something with it.

Not enough gothic and sad atmosphere. Arcana-like music will be very much appreciated. Can you invite Jeremy Soule to write music for FE?

Kael, Cities in FE are very easy to conquer. It is also very easy to build pioneers and expand fast. Overall nice feeling of FFH2 is lost. Please do something with it.

Not enough gothic and sad atmosphere. Arcana-like music will be very much appreciated. Can you invite Jeremy Soule to write music for FE?

you guys arent really understanding much

kael DIDNT write this game
he just JOINED a already going project

and as a side not there isd no feeelinf of FFH cause... ITS NOT ffh
and it mustnt be ffh btw (nothing wrong with ffs eh, its just this is another thing, if they hired some programmer from the sims would you want to date with bandits and bring them dinner ??? )

and as a side not there isd no feeelinf of FFH cause... ITS NOT ffh
and it mustnt be ffh btw (nothing wrong with ffs eh, its just this is another thing, if they hired some programmer from the sims would you want to date with bandits and bring them dinner ??? )

...what?

I apologize, but I really have no idea what you wrote here.

Basically what he's saying is that it shouldn't have an FFH feel, because, well, it's a separate thing.

I think this looks very interesting. Definitely on my list of games to buy when I get a computer that can run games decently. :D

Thinking‽ That's in your case. In mine, I know it's true. :p

Well, I didn't really wanna brag :groucho:

Looking forward to it.

As for CivV, it is surely below CivIV complete, but still much above CIVIV vanilla - in every aspect but combat AI. Which isn't surprising, since the game is focused on tactical combat, which is much harder for AI to handle. I'm quite sure though, that with all expansions all those CIVV bashers will switch their opinions on opposites. I only hope, that the devs would preserve the tactical component of the game - as much as possible.

whats hard to understand really???
i already explained the point like 10 times

in mom you have many options in CREATION SCREEN

but, once you are done with creation, later in the game your leader is FIXED, immutable
there aren't options for developement

unlike FE where, in the betas at least, you have options at the start BUT EVEN LATER, even mid game you can decide to switch your wannabe mage into some fighter because dunno you happen to drop a good mace, or maybe you dont have many other champions tanky and decide to give him a shield and throw him on the front line

etc etc

whats hard to understand really???
i already explained the point like 10 times

in mom you have many options in CREATION SCREEN

but, once you are done with creation, later in the game your leader is FIXED, immutable
there aren't options for developement

That's actually not true. In MoM you CAN develop your character further. High level Mana Nodes yield special rewards, which could include spell books of colors you didn't have before or some of the traits you choose at the beginning.

unlike FE where, in the betas at least, you have options at the start BUT EVEN LATER, even mid game you can decide to switch your wannabe mage into some fighter because dunno you happen to drop a good mace, or maybe you dont have many other champions tanky and decide to give him a shield and throw him on the front line
MoM has heroes for that.

back to the topic and about the creation/development lets add that the first betas didnt really offer as much choice as mom in the creation phase while in the last build they added some flavour to factions so now each of them has unique (and cool) abilities like unique troops, ability to bribe enemies, slaves free of charge, ability to not be attacked by monsters(not sure if i like this tbh) etc

Top Bottom