Fallen Enchantress

That's actually not true. In MoM you CAN develop your character further. High level Mana Nodes yield special rewards, which could include spell books of colors you didn't have before or some of the traits you choose at the beginning.

you guys really cant read

i didnt say you cant develop
i said you DONT HAVE CHOICES (
there aren't options for developement
)
ofc you can progress your king in mom, what you cannot do is decide anything
so even if you happen to find rare books you just take them and go ahead with what you are given

#DDD13, ok I see what you'd been saying now. I thought you were denying that MoM had leader customizability.

I'm waiting for FE and hope it turns out to be good. I was an early pre-orderer for Elemental, which ended up being kind of terrible. Hoping FE turns out better - I haven't tried the beta (not a lot of time).

I only played Fall from Heaven for a couple of hours, but it seemed better than Elemental WOM :D

On the DRM front, I hope it's skipped entirely except for the people that insist they want Steam. I almost never buy remote-server DRM'd games...yes, even Steam. A release on GOG.com would probably do really well - there's a lot of us old fans of oldschool strategy games (like Master of Magic) that love GOG. It's certainly done well for The Witcher 2 for CDPR.

Any news about when the next Beta is coming?
I read on the forum that the economics of the cities would be changed.

From the 18 July Journal entry:
Frogboy said:
We don’t anticipate Beta 4 coming out until August 16th. Sorry for the wait on this but there’s a lot of polish, testing, balancing, and UI to get in there. And there will be a Beta 5 after Beta 4 at which point we’ll start thinking about a release date. We’re in no hurry. The objective here is to create the best fantasy strategy game we can possibly make.

Relevantly, for those too lazy to click:
As you may know, we've set a release date for Fallen Enchantress. It's October 23, 2012.
Then, at the very end…
Despite a release date being given, we have not yet "gone gold". We will have one final public beta this Thursday. We will also be listening to your feedback to that beta.
Tomorrow day is beta day.

Thank you, Mr. Kael.

Reminds me of WarCraft III.
I thought Lord Farquaad had been eaten by a dragon at the end of the film…

Now how do I win free copies and a glass of cocoa?

Release date 23rd of october! :) This game is great!

I want Angry Joe to make a double feature about Fallen Enchantress and War of Magic.

For Kael's sake I hope that this isn't the extent of Stardocks marketing campaign.
And no, don't send me ads.

Not sure how I feel at this point, to be honest.

I already own it so I guess I'll be fair-minded and fire it up at least once.

I have had an opportunity to play "Elemental: War of Magic" years ago and I feel I must state my honest opinion. It was kind of a wreck back then. Lots of bugs, not very exciting, broken (imho) mana/spell system, missing buildings... Just lots and lots of glitches (The list was too long to actually rant about it here :D) but ... the game had a great support (both from developers and helpful community), subsequent patches adressed most annoying issues, it was quite pleasent graphic-wise (but too demanding hardware-wise - not a good ratio).... Anyways I'm quite interested to know if Kael was able to fix what Jon Shafer broke :lol:

warning ! Do not read the following spoiler if You like what Jon Shafer did with Civ 5 :
Spoiler :
Jon is very talented but he have made an unforgivable mistake with Civ 5 '1 unit per tile' ...... unforgivable indeed... grrrr....:mad: He should have read more Sun Tzu "The Art of War" instead of playing that Panzer General from SSI :lol: - which is a tactical game not strategic anyway. He broke the entire Civ 5 making it Panzer General'ish tactical combat simulation (not as good as Panzer General eaither :lol:) instead of strategic game of Civ that we all know and love..... Meh .... nuff said :sad:

And I must say it out loud. Keal I love and worship Your FFH2 mod so... with You on the team there's nothing that can go wrong .... right ? .... only time will tell ;)

Regards

This sort of game is my 100% favorite type :) Loads of customization, playing around with not just what is most effective but rather a sort of flavored game play. This however gotta be the first game I bought and paid for only to give support to the developers as I really want to see this game perfected, or even more of this type of game :)

Now I know what I'll be doing this weekend at least :)

Top Bottom