1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout: The Rebirth of Civilization

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Thorgrimm, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Flamand

Flamand The Visible Elder!

Come on guys, you are all better than that... ;) I'm sure we'll be able to solve the problem... Thor, I'll be online later...

2. KingArthur

KingArthur Searching for the Holy Grail

Here, here Flamand. Come on guys these things happen and we should all try to be helpful, after all this is a great mod.

Thor, I think you should make the ambience files unzip into the Fallout directory, that way no one will get upset. I was caught out a bit too because the zip is set to retain the file structure - I like zips that I can just drop in the scenarios folder and choose "unzip to here". Some people will have Civ Complete, some will have the original Civ3 and Conquests expansion. Each has a separate file structure, for instance Civ complete has C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilization III Complete\Conquests\Scenarios. Best just to zip the Fallout folder and the fallout.biq and tell people to put it in their Conquests\Scenarios folder and unzip to there.

3. Stormrage

Stormrage Ever Present Taskmaster

@Flamand, I can solve the problem by reinstalling the game. Its Thor`s attitude thats the real problem.. :(

4. Flamand

Flamand The Visible Elder!

Well, that's not under my control I'm afraid... ;)

On a different note I can promise a whole bunch of new FO unit conversions on the horizon... :D Check our workshop for more info... ;)

5. Heretic_Cata

Heretic_Cata We're gonna live forever

Flaming/faning flames never solved anything. Let's just move on and forget about this "incident".

6. Azazel_418

Azazel_418 Chieftain

OMG. This mod rocks! Being a long-time fan and veteran of the Civ series, and a huge fan of fallout, I have to say; This kicks sooo much ass! Great work guys!Cant wait till this is 100% complete. But i do have some questions/comments...

1- Will the raiders, tribals, beast-masters, or the death-claws of vault 13 ever get their own civs?

2- Have you thought about using the same idea for civ-specific wonders like in TAM? example could be FEV-Vats for the muties. give it a bonus to production maybe, and allow it to produce a unique unit every few turns.

3- This mod IMHO, should be ranked with the great mods like TAM, and TeT for PtW. Keep up the Great Work!

7. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Azazel 418, Welcome to CFC first of all.:)

To answer your questions;

1. yes to raiders, slavers, tribals, others are unknown as of this time.

2. Yup civ specific wonders are in, in fact I could not do the mod properly without them. :D

3. Only you civ lovers can do that. But I thank you for your vote of confidence.:)

Check out the new forum here on CFC for any other questions you may have. :)

Flamand and Thor's Sci Fi Workshop

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

8. Kharakar

Kharakar Chieftain

Hi Thorr I found another bug. When playing enclave on three games I have crashed took me a while to figure out why, It looks like if I hurry buildings in more than 1 city @ a time I get a crash, If I back up a turn and only hurry 1 building it's fine. I got the bug playing as despot and hurrying, this time playing as democracy and hurrying 2 buildings. I havent tried it out on Yankee yet.

9. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Hmmm, never had that bug myself as the Enclave. I have no idea why it would occur. Does anybody else have this problem? And if so, what causes it?

:nuke: Þórgrímr :nuke:

10. Kharakar

Kharakar Chieftain

Ok played with more found that it associated with hurrying tannery. I could buy the tannery from scratch but when I worked on for few turns in couple different cities I would crash. In one city after I had it almost done I could buy it. I gotta go now later

11. aotearoa

aotearoa Chieftain

btw, speaking of Tannery, what does it do ? It's only description is "The" :)

12. Samez

Samez ION GUNNER

For things like htat it's an easy way to look right in the editor while you are playing (it's possible to open the scen file while you are running exactly this mod(it's even possible to midify it but it won't be concerned in your actuall game) I think the firsst version was a production increase of 25% and now it also produces a leather armour unit every now and then...

13. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

As it stands now it only adds 25% to production. :)

14. aotearoa

aotearoa Chieftain

Thanks Samez, thanks Thorgrimm :)

15. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

I hope to eventually have the majority of the units made by buildings, to represent just how rare people and weapons are in the wastelands. But we have to do it one step at a time. First up is to get the units in game, then look for the buildings to use are their producers. :D

16. aotearoa

aotearoa Chieftain

One more thingie, the Enclave Tanker can join a city :)
    Think that was not intended...
    Looking better, Militia and Rifle Infantry can also join cities. Well in their case I understand, but a transport is too much :) :)

17. Kharakar

Kharakar Chieftain

I reinstalled civ 3 and fallout mod just to make sure not on my side things. I can get it to crash everytime by: A) start game enclave B) Start as despot C) after one turn I change goverment D) Wait til anarchy done switch to democrat E) buy something in Capitol. If I change to wealth for a turn to flush all the shields away then I can buy things normally w/o crashing. I will still get some crashes when buying thing at other time but can't get it to duplicate as well. I think it's something to do with the math of shield production. I also don't get any error messages, I just exit the game.
    Hope this helps later.

ps I havent tried this with the other humans yet and I havent tried it when I dont wait a round before switching goverments ( I like getting the gecko skins :) ).

18. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Well, for one there is no democratic govt in the game, so that takes care of crash one. The Enclave will never have one either.

The Enclave rushes things by killing citizens, if you are forcing it to use money that may very well be the problem.

Never try to change governments as they are set up to use VERY specific governments, and as you see will crash when trying to change. We have yet to implement any advanced govt types yet, but they are still on the agenda. :D

19. Kharakar

Kharakar Chieftain

I honestly didn't change it to allow democracy. When i start game pedia says it's a form a govt that requires human tech and I believe enclave, vault and NCR, BOS can all use it. Just checked map under editor all Human type can use the govt as it stands right now that includes New Reno too :)

20. aotearoa

aotearoa Chieftain

About Enclave units: I don't quite understand the cost of some units like
    15.8.1 Flamethrower - costs 10 shields
    10.8.1 Enviro Armor - 70 shields
    12.15.1 Combat Armor - 120 shields
    12.8.1 Combat armor sniper - 170 shields...
    Neither of them upgrades to something, so why should I build a 12.8.1 unit with 170 shields instead of a 15.8.1 unit with 10 shields.
    Am i missing something ? :)
    Cool mod anyway :)
    Cheers.